***Post your questions and experiences with Coronavirus-related canceling/rescheduling of resort reservations here***

We are supposed to arrive May 26. We are booked with a free dining bounceback. What are the chances of disney honoring our discount if we reschedule?

We are supposed to arrive May 26. We are booked with a free dining bounceback. What are the chances of disney honoring our discount if we reschedule?
Nope, not unless the new dates fall in a time where free dining is offered (and I think that expired now anyway). If you move your dates you are only eligible to get a discount currently offered for that time.

I was able to get thru to a reservation CM quickly this AM and canceled our May 3 RO reservation at AKL. She was able to ( hopefully) transfer the money we already paid to our Nov. 1 reservation. I made sure to cancel our ADR's.

Edit: just checked MDE and it updated to show the money did transfer. Awesome CM!

Last edited:
Does anyone know the process for getting refunds on club level fastpasses?

I have an upcoming trip in May (splurged with the discount for club level), so with everything happening think this trip will not come to fruition. So disappointed, but Disney is making the right decision to keep guests and cast members healthy and safe. I want to reschedule, but will more than likely will be unable to afford club level without a discount.

Does anyone know the process for getting refunds on club level fastpasses?

I have an upcoming trip in May (splurged with the discount for club level), so with everything happening think this trip will not come to fruition. So disappointed, but Disney is making the right decision to keep guests and cast members healthy and safe. I want to reschedule, but will more than likely will be unable to afford club level without a discount.

It's easy - the program is refundable - just e-mail or call Disney Signature Services:

407-939-7777
disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com

Is everyone with May dates already cancelling? Seems kind of early to assume May will still be shut down. My trip starts May 27th and I have no idea what to do.

Is everyone with May dates already cancelling? Seems kind of early to assume May will still be shut down. My trip starts May 27th and I have no idea what to do.

Per the CDC’s latest guidelines, they are recommending gatherings of more than 50 people be canceled for 8 weeks at least. That puts us squarely into May.

To put it bluntly, expecting the parks to reopen by the end of May is imo naive and wishful thinking. The cold reality is that we’re about leveling out the cases so the healthcare system isn’t overwhelmed, we are well past trying to contain the spread. That’s what the flattening the curve stuff means. There is no “let’s wait it out and soon things will be back to normal”. Even after we’ve gotten through the peak and things have settled somewhat, it will take Disney time to assess the situation and the financial damage, the “normal” we return to at the parks may not be the normal we are used to. 9/11 saw tremendous scaling back of large scale construction projects (see: Pop and what eventually became AoA, many years later), resorts consolidating or eliminating amenities (POFQ losing its TS restaurant), etc.

I know that we all love the parks and work hard and put so much into planning our trips. But we can’t let that blind us to reality or hold onto false hope.

I called this morning to cancel. Took about 5 minutes. My credit card will be credited in 5-7 days, although I was told it could be longer. I’m fine with whatever. Canceled my Southwest flight and didn’t expect a refund, but was refunded most of it. In the big scheme of things this is nothing, but I am sad. Seems like there are bigger things to worry about now, unfortunately.
**Didn’t realize I had booked Anytime for the return trip which is why I got a refund for a chunk of it.

Last edited:

Some May people are, some aren’t yet. We are supposed to go on May 10, and if Disney is open (all 4 parks) then we will be there. If they are still closed or open say half way through our trip, then we will cancel and go in September. I have already booked the same resort and room for then. If a hurricane threatens, I will just rebook for May of next year. Since we always book room only and the tickets retain their value paid, then we only risk at most the airfare I got cheap thru Southwest and that only if we cant go til next year because my southwest credit for May would be good til Nov.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but is Disney doing anything for trips currently booked with bounceback offers or pin code pricing? We are booked in April on a bounceback rate from our October trip and I’m preparing to have to reschedule to summer or fall. But just curious if they are honoring the rates or if I should also prepare to pay full price. Any experiences?

Sorry if this has been discussed, but is Disney doing anything for trips currently booked with bounceback offers or pin code pricing? We are booked in April on a bounceback rate from our October trip and I’m preparing to have to reschedule to summer or fall. But just curious if they are honoring the rates or if I should also prepare to pay full price. Any experiences?
All of the threads I have read indicate that if you re-schedule for a different time you pay the price for that time period, no discounts unless Disney has a general one etc. One person changed to the fall from March and her cost went up $1000. So I doubt they would honor the bounceback rate but you could always ask when the time comes but be prepared to pay full price. And if so, just stalk the website to see if a discount is ever offered for your new time period.

Hey! I answered your question in the Bounceback thread:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...read-first-post.3680214/page-35#post-61687239

We too are hopeful for late May but we will be flexible. We have to travel by February or we lose our airfare. While June and July are hot, I can make it work. The biggest hurdle is school schedules as I am a nurse in a middle school and DD is in college.

We booked our 5/2 trip through Costco Travel. Currently, we don't plan on cancelling until Disney officially announces a closure for our dates; but in the interest of being prepared in case they do, I'm wondering if anyone who's already had to cancel their trip book through Costco?

If any fellow Costco people have cancelled, what the the cancellation process was like? What did they have to say about refunds? What were the options to modify the reservation to a later date (if any), etc.? Their website only says they "follow the refund policies of our partners" which would mean no refund on the park tickets. It also says not to call them unless your trip is within 7 days, so there's no way to find out more.

Our hotel is fully refundable, and we can change our flights for free and book a new package without flights, but the park tickets would pose a problem if Costco doesn't allow you to just modify the existing package. Since the tickets aren't refundable, and we'd end up with a duplicate set of tickets if we bought a new package through Costco, our other option would be to pay almost $2k more booking the hotel directly.

I'm hoping we'll just be able to modify the dates of our existing reservation if need be, but I though I'd ask just in case someone had a definitive answer.

I called this morning to cancel. Took about 5 minutes. My credit card will be credited in 5-7 days, although I was told it could be longer. I’m fine with whatever. Canceled my Southwest flight and didn’t expect a refund, but was refunded most of it. In the big scheme of things this is nothing, but I am sad. Seems like there are bigger things to worry about now, unfortunately.
**Didn’t realize I had booked Anytime for the return trip which is why I got a refund for a chunk of it.
Can i ask what it took to actually get refunded from cancelling Southwest??? I thought that you can cancel - but all monies stay with them and you have $credit for 1 year from time of purchase? can you please elaborate on this? thanks

You are correct. It is refunded in travel credit to the name of the person on the ticket. So even though I paid for my daughter's ticket, the travel credit can only be used by her. Points are so much easier. This is the first time I have ever done this and honestly was clueless.

We booked our 5/2 trip through Costco Travel. Currently, we don't plan on cancelling until Disney officially announces a closure for our dates; but in the interest of being prepared in case they do, I'm wondering if anyone who's already had to cancel their trip book through Costco?

If any fellow Costco people have cancelled, what the the cancellation process was like? What did they have to say about refunds? What were the options to modify the reservation to a later date (if any), etc.? Their website only says they "follow the refund policies of our partners" which would mean no refund on the park tickets. It also says not to call them unless your trip is within 7 days, so there's no way to find out more.

Our hotel is fully refundable, and we can change our flights for free and book a new package without flights, but the park tickets would pose a problem if Costco doesn't allow you to just modify the existing package. Since the tickets aren't refundable, and we'd end up with a duplicate set of tickets if we bought a new package through Costco, our other option would be to pay almost $2k more booking the hotel directly.

I'm hoping we'll just be able to modify the dates of our existing reservation if need be, but I though I'd ask just in case someone had a definitive answer.
I'm booked through Costco. I can modify my resort tickets dates on MDE. There is a form you fill out to get a refund on your resort. I'm there the same week as you and I have not cancelled. I'm expecting them to be open.

I'm booked through Costco. I can modify my resort tickets dates on MDE. There is a form you fill out to get a refund on your resort. I'm there the same week as you and I have not cancelled. I'm expecting them to be open.
Thanks. Unfortunately, we're booked at the Swan, so I don't have the option to change it in MDE. Even if I could change it, I wonder if I'd lose the Costco room rate.

Thanks. Unfortunately, we're booked at the Swan, so I don't have the option to change it in MDE. Even if I could change it, I wonder if I'd lose the Costco room rate.
I'm booked at the Dolphin and I can modify my tickets. I can't modify the resort, but I can get a refund on the resort through Costco. If I do have to change it I'll just cancel my room through Costco, modify my tickets to the new date and book a room through Disney or directly through Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter