***Post your questions and experiences with Coronavirus-related canceling/rescheduling of resort reservations here***

I have my fingers crossed our mid-May vacation will happen but SW is undermining my optimism by continually reducing the trip - I haven't flown for this low a fare since 2007.

I have my fingers crossed our mid-May vacation will happen but SW is undermining my optimism by continually reducing the trip - I haven't flown for this low a fare since 2007.
I agree with you...my confidence level isn't real high for an early/mid May trip. Unheard of $75.00 round trip Midway to Orlando on SW!

Okay everyone, I get it.. it's not the Magic Bands.

What I am sharing is my experience - as this thread indicates it is for. I cannot help if I am being told erroneous information.

I am still out $1500.

Last post from me. Good luck everyone.

Early May for us and I have never flown (and doubt that I will now) this cheap before either - $90 roundtrip from Denver

Okay everyone, I get it.. it's not the Magic Bands.

What I am sharing is my experience - as this thread indicates it is for. I cannot help if I am being told erroneous information.

I am still out $1500.

Last post from me. Good luck everyone.

We understand what you are experiencing and are trying to help you. As I mentioned upthread, if you can take your parents, simply give them your kids‘ MBs and your parents can use the tickets. Since the tickets are unused, when they first tap into a park, your parents’ fingerprints will act as the identifier and the tickets will then be assigned to them. I think it’s your easiest workaround.

we are booked April 28 and this will no longer work for us due to cover 19. I would like to move our vacay to the fall. Should I just cancel it all (I have paid for upgraded magic bands) and rebook or is it worth calling and having them try to move it? Thanks

we are booked April 28 and this will no longer work for us due to cover 19. I would like to move our vacay to the fall. Should I just cancel it all (I have paid for upgraded magic bands) and rebook or is it worth calling and having them try to move it? Thanks

Did you rent straight through Disney? You should be able to go online and change the dates with no problem.

Did you rent straight through Disney? You should be able to go online and change the dates with no problem.
I just checked your right. I'm so hesitant to change. We were so excited to go. I may leave them a few more days. Maybe we can arrive May 1..........it's so hard to know travelling from Canada etc. Florida doesn't look too good from what I can see

I just checked your right. I'm so hesitant to change. We were so excited to go. I may leave them a few more days. Maybe we can arrive May 1..........it's so hard to know travelling from Canada etc. Florida doesn't look too good from what I can see

If it’s an option, you could book a second “room only” reservation as a backup. I booked one for June. If you end up going in April, you could just cancel the backup reservation and get your money back.

Our May trips air fare is down to $45 each way - I think even the airlines figure it's not going to happen.

Need some help. Trip is planned 4/25-5/2. I want to go so badly, but realistically thinking this closure has more of a chance of being extended than it does being lifted. We are a family that goes not a lot. In fact this was going to be a last hoorah for Disney for a while. We’ve saved so hard and it was going to be a trip of a lifetime.
Initial thought is to cancel and go next year. I really don’t think I can wait another year. We pushed back last years trip for this...
Tell me about October. Our SWA tickets expire the end of October and I’d like to not be out that money. Are the pools open? How is the weather? I just don’t know what to do and my circle just doesn’t understand what goes into planning these vacations. I don’t think it’s easy to say...let’s move back a month. You miss on the ADR and FP windows :(

SW sent out emails :

Customers' funds that have expired or will expire between March 1-May 31, 2020, will now expire June 30, 2021.
Any travel funds created because of a flight cancellation between March 1-May 31, 2020, will have an expiration date of June 30, 2021.

The SW wording worries me. Our flight fares dropped a few months ago (before the closures) so we had credit on our May flights before all of this. Then flights went down even more last week and there is now even more credit on our accounts. Plus we had like $3 in credit from a previous flight that we used for the May tickets, I know if you use credit from a previous trip the expiration date is from the date of the original flight that gave you that credit - if you're confused I don't blame you I am too.

I know that the email said to wait a few weeks for the system to be able to recognize the new date but it's worrying that our credit might not qualify for the new expiration date. Right now my credit shows as expiring in Nov, but DD and DH have an expiration date of Sept, which makes no sense since we booked at the same time, we all had the same $3 credit etc.

If we could have all of our credits be good until my Nov 24 date then we are ok - once I cancel our May trip we can rebook for early Nov which is the only time DH could take off from work. If it stays at their Sept 2 date we are out of that $.

I am still waiting to be able to cancel our hotel since we booked through Priceline - they are up to cancelling April bookings right now.

I'm curious if anyone has had an issue when rebooking their trips to a later date (for instance March or April rebooking for June, July or August). For instance, our trip is 7/3 - 7/8 and there was not much available then . While I am holding steady and not cancelling our trip (my birthday is 7/4 and this was my birthday trip!), have there been others who have cancelled and freed up space in the summer months (as many vacation at that time) to rebook your vacations?

Our May trips air fare is down to $45 each way - I think even the airlines figure it's not going to happen.

I agree. We're currently booked 4/30-5/3 and both the departure and return have dropped to $37. I was holding off on cancelling just in case things made a turn for the better, but now thinking just cancel and wait to see what happens. It's just hard to pull the trigger and cancel with such great fares, even though the chance of flights being cancelled by the airlines is probably greater than not.

I'm curious if anyone has had an issue when rebooking their trips to a later date (for instance March or April rebooking for June, July or August). For instance, our trip is 7/3 - 7/8 and there was not much available then . While I am holding steady and not cancelling our trip (my birthday is 7/4 and this was my birthday trip!), have there been others who have cancelled and freed up space in the summer months (as many vacation at that time) to rebook your vacations?
I just double checked and from what I can see there is still a ton of availability for those dates... values, mods, and deluxe including specials even...

What is it that your looking for?

I agree. We're currently booked 4/30-5/3 and both the departure and return have dropped to $37. I was holding off on cancelling just in case things made a turn for the better, but now thinking just cancel and wait to see what happens. It's just hard to pull the trigger and cancel with such great fares, even though the chance of flights being cancelled by the airlines is probably greater than not.
Yep. On Saturday our Midway/Orlando flights were $37.00 each way. At this point, we've got tickets for $75.00 each, round trip, for May. The good news is we already have a December trip planned so just waiting until April 23 or thereabouts for the release of December flights. Likely the May trip won't happen so we'll have the May credits to put toward December.

I'm not liking the last news though...that this COVID-19 is likely to rear its ugly head again in the fall/winter:(

Some things have definitely freed up. We are booked in June, but have also booked backup trips in July and September. Had no issues getting exactly what we wanted. Our June trip even had better room selections available that were not there before

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!