Post your trivial unpopular opinions

I can't stand mayonnaise.

I don't get the Star Wars hype. I watched the first 3 (or, rather, episodes 4, 5, & 6) & was content w/ that. I don't need a continuing saga.

I saw just this part quoted by another poster and had to make sure that I wasn't the one who wrote it. For the record, I also agree about the sweet tea (though I'm not a southerner, so it's not all that shocking), sports, minivans, and diagramming sentences (though I've forgotten a lot).

I think preschool, kindergarten and any other "graduations" before high school are stupid and a complete waste of time! Being rewarded & having a ceremony for just showing up and coloring is setting kids up for big disappointments down the road.

The one at our preschool is all for the parents. The kids don't give one hoot about it and definitely don't see it as a reward. It's more of a chore to them to have to practice songs, stand up in front of everyone, etc. I don't think it's setting the kids up for any big disappointments. I do agree that it's a complete waste of time, however.

I think it's weird and insecure to post personal letters of love to your spouse for all to see on birthdays/Valentine's Day/Anniversary/etc.

Why can't you tell them to their face? Or in a private note?

I cringe every time I see it on Facebook, and admit I feel something is missing in your relationship.

1. Kale is for covering the ice on salad bars, not for eating. You know it's lousy. I know it's lousy.
2. Just once I'd like to see that when someone proposes on the big screen at a ball game, she says No.

I’ve never seen anyone say no.... but it reminded me of this video, thanks for the morning laugh!

I saw just this part quoted by another poster and had to make sure that I wasn't the one who wrote it. For the record, I also agree about the sweet tea (though I'm not a southerner, so it's not all that shocking), sports, minivans, and diagramming sentences (though I've forgotten a lot).

I liked this solely for diagramming sentences. I loathed that in school. I still do not understand the purpose of it. I also agree about the sweet tea. Way too sweet.

Minivans I get. Sometimes you just need more room.

I do love Star Wars and while I'm excited about SW:GE I have no desire to go to Star Wars weekends or stay in the themed hotel.

I am a mild sports fan meaning I will check the scores of a few teams I watch after the game but I very rarely watch sports on TV and even when I do it's because DH is watching and I'm usually sitting there reading a book or tooling around the internet. I recall a few years before we started dating I thought to myself "why can't I find a normal guy who likes to watch sports. You know, doesn't want to go bar hopping every weekend, doesn't want to go to the strip club all the time. No substance abuse problems. Has the ability to hold down a job, etc." Then I started dating DH. Do you have any idea how much sports coverage there is on TV? It's astonishing. The man watches NASCAR, football, baseball, basketball, hockey, golf, and in a real emergency tennis. It's mind numbing to me but whatever floats his boat.

1. Kale is for covering the ice on salad bars, not for eating. You know it's lousy. I know it's lousy.
2. Just once I'd like to see that when someone proposes on the big screen at a ball game, she says No.

I always feel really bad for the women in those situations. I have seen a video clip or two of that happening but I'm not sure they were genuine. But really, that puts a ton of pressure on her. You know she has to say yes to save the guy from total humiliation and if she does say no she would be labeled a witch for treating him like that. I'm really curious how many of those women say yes at the time to try and let the guy save face then as soon as they are home tell him she doesn't want to get married.

That is just one of those things where smaller is better I think.

I don’t like Halloween. It’s not a moral or religious stance, I don’t hate holidays or children. It’s just that I am a Christmas season FANATIC and Halloween is the last celebratory obstacle in my way before I can start gearing up for Christmas and I want it to get out of my way. I fully admit this is weird. I still trick or treated with the kids and got them great costumes and handed out candy.. but if I never had to do it again I wouldn’t mind at all.

I agree with this, and it goes DOUBLE for not wanting to be sold overpriced leggings, "health foods", and workout plans. Basically any product that is part of a MLM scheme, don't invite me to a "party" for it.
YES YES YES.
If I never feel obligated to sit in a room being sold crap I could have found on my own ever again I will be a happy woman. Did I call you up asking if you knew where I could buy a $200 mop system? No? THEN I DON’T WANT ONE FROM YOU. :rotfl:

I always feel really bad for the women in those situations. I have seen a video clip or two of that happening but I'm not sure they were genuine. But really, that puts a ton of pressure on her. You know she has to say yes to save the guy from total humiliation and if she does say no she would be labeled a witch for treating him like that. I'm really curious how many of those women say yes at the time to try and let the guy save face then as soon as they are home tell him she doesn't want to get married.

That is just one of those things where smaller is better I think.

Nothing says romance better than having an audience see some dilwad propose to you under a giant Budweiser sign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter