Post your trivial unpopular opinions

In the same vein as your #1...when I make grilled cheese I never use butter....I always use Mayo on the outside of the sandwich before grilling as it spreads so much easier and doesn't tear the bread. Results in a nice golden brown sandwich.

I thought of another one.....I ALWAYS, year round, leave my butter out on the counter (covered). I HATE hard butter. There, I said it.

And I think Tom Brady looks like an alien posing as a human.

MJ

Why do people making grilled cheese always try to butter the bread? No. Butter the pan. You'll use far less butter, won't wreck your bread, and get better results.

Why do people making grilled cheese always try to butter the bread? No. Butter the pan. You'll use far less butter, won't wreck your bread, and get better results.

Definitely questionable.

My neighbor does it that way (while I butter the bread) and her kid used to love coming here for lunch because he said mine were better. (And he's a huge grilled cheese fan.)

Though I recently read in a magazine that some people use mayonnaise? I haven't tried that yet, but I'm curious.

Though I recently read in a magazine that some people use mayonnaise? I haven't tried that yet, but I'm curious.
I seem to recall that my Mom used mayonnaise to make grilled cheese sandwiches back in the day. But, as far as I can remember, I have always made them with butter...on the bread.

Definitely questionable.

My neighbor does it that way (while I butter the bread) and her kid used to love coming here for lunch because he said mine were better. (And he's a huge grilled cheese fan.)

Ahhh. That kid obviously hasn't read my post you liked in the thread about what always seems like a good idea. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I hate how coffee tastes. Love the smell.
I can't stand hot chocolate.
I don't mind crying babies or toddlers on airplanes. I'm grateful that it isn't my kid doing that (they're older now & grown out of that stage).

Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan should be seriously updated. You can keep IASW as is but the other two have got to be updated.

Ashley Wilkes was the biggest loser in film history.

For a good laugh people should watch Citizen Kane and then google the actual story of "Rosebud".

Planning a Disney trip is equal to the actual trip itself.

I still look forward to FD. and I like FP+

Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan should be seriously updated. You can keep IASW as is but the other two have got to be updated.

Ashley Wilkes was the biggest loser in film history.

For a good laugh people should watch Citizen Kane and then google the actual story of "Rosebud".

Planning a Disney trip is equal to the actual trip itself.

I still look forward to FD. and I like FP+
Peter Pan is only 60 seconds long, and the que is always over 60 minutes! They seriously need to expand that ride..... and update the rest.

Love going to high school football games but don’t watch pro or college.

I love high school and semi pro baseball but will not watch pro games.

Prefer going to see local productions rather than Broadway productions (except for Wicked—LOVED Wicked).

I like peanut butter plain, in candy like you said, on apples or crackers...but I hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. DH and DS think I'm weird.

This is me (except the crackers)! I don't like peanut butter on bread at all. I'll eat it from a spoon, on apples, cookies, candy, but not on anything that is bread or bread-like.

My question is, why do people leave their butter in the fridge? Unless it's really hot outside, butter can keep on the counter for quite a while. I always have a few days worth out, and it's soft enough to spread. Although some winter mornings I need to put it in the microwave for 5 seconds to just soften a bit (we keep the house quite cool overnight in the winter).

My question is, why do people leave their butter in the fridge? Unless it's really hot outside, butter can keep on the counter for quite a while. I always have a few days worth out, and it's soft enough to spread. Although some winter mornings I need to put it in the microwave for 5 seconds to just soften a bit (we keep the house quite cool overnight in the winter).
If you're going to use the butter within a reasonable amount of time (articles said anywhere between a few days to 2 weeks depending on the article) on the counter is fine (in a covered butter dish or butter crock that is air tight and shields from light) but for long-term it should be stored in the fridge. We've also gone to purchasing unsalted butter more often than not and that is best in the fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!