Post your trivial unpopular opinions

I don't like chocolate or dogs, and the concept of pets being "members of the family" is beyond me; they are animals, not people. I don't understand "travel teams" for kids, nor playing in all kinds of programs- school teams, travel teams, rec teams, intramural teams, etc. I actually don't understand why our public schools have such an emphasis on, and role in, organizing sports for kids. I don't own a cell phone and have no need for one. I think people are overly-reliant on technology. I think in the USA we spend too much time "doing" and not enough time "being."

If you want to know my most unpopular opinions, they all center around politics and religion, and I don't consider any of them trivial!

My own generation did not have some magical ability to produce Bette music than others.

I love my generation's music, but I love a lot that's out now too. Every generation has really greatest stuff, fun and light stuff and crap too. People who complain that there is no good music nowadays come across as self important, lazy old geezers

Last edited:
Why do people making grilled cheese always try to butter the bread? No. Butter the pan. You'll use far less butter, won't wreck your bread, and get better results.
Yes! I put butter in the pan, put a slice of bread in, take it out, put the other slice in, put in the filling, top it with the first slice with the butter soaked side on the outside, cook and flip - just made reubens last night. I’ve tried the mayo way (I love mayo), just not as good as butter.

I don't like chocolate or dogs, and the concept of pets being "members of the family" is beyond me; they are animals, not people. I don't understand "travel teams" for kids, nor playing in all kinds of programs- school teams, travel teams, rec teams, intramural teams, etc. I actually don't understand why our public schools have such an emphasis on, and role in, organizing sports for kids. I don't own a cell phone and have no need for one. I think people are overly-reliant on technology. I think in the USA we spend too much time "doing" and not enough time "being."

If you want to know my most unpopular opinions, they all center around politics and religion, and I don't consider any of them trivial!

This makes me so sad. :sad:

Why? :confused3 You're still free to think of them as family members if you want. I'm with @leebee on this though and I guess that's my unpopular opinion for today.

Don't get me wrong... I love my cats, we treat them well, take them to the vet regularly, feed them good food, etc., and when we had to put one to sleep it just broke my heart. However, they are NOT my children or my baby; I simply don't understand the whole "furbaby" line of thought. There is no way that I'd stay home from vacation or whatever simply because I couldn't bring my cats.

I don’t care about pets, but butter is very important. I find my grilled cheese comes out better when I butter the bread. I use mayo inside it too.

You can't hold your poo?!

Oh man, this is hilarious. I desperately wish that I had anywhere near enough of a regular digestive tract to only go at home, but due to a couple of medical conditions that just isn't always possible. IBS is a lot more common than you might think! On a side note, one of the only 2 panic attacks I had at WDW was when the cast member in Carousel of Progress said we would be "trapped in here with him for about 21 minutes, so get comfortable." I spent the entire time absolutely losing my mind, envisioning them having to stop the whole ride so I could run to the restroom. Never take your regular poo for granted :rotfl2:

Oh man, this is hilarious. I desperately wish that I had anywhere near enough of a regular digestive tract to only go at home, but due to a couple of medical conditions that just isn't always possible. IBS is a lot more common than you might think! On a side note, one of the only 2 panic attacks I had at WDW was when the cast member in Carousel of Progress said we would be "trapped in here with him for about 21 minutes, so get comfortable." I spent the entire time absolutely losing my mind, envisioning them having to stop the whole ride so I could run to the restroom. Never take your regular poo for granted :rotfl2:

I’m like you, I need to know where an accessible bathroom is at all times. Being trapped somewhere is my biggest fear..besides ladybugs.

Don't get me wrong... I love my cats, we treat them well, take them to the vet regularly, feed them good food, etc., and when we had to put one to sleep it just broke my heart. However, they are NOT my children or my baby; I simply don't understand the whole "furbaby" line of thought. There is no way that I'd stay home from vacation or whatever simply because I couldn't bring my cats.
:flower3: No need to defend your opinion; I certainly refuse to defend mine. Not enjoying animals as companions does not automatically make me an animal-hater, or abuser or whatever.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter