Post your WDW Annual Pass Refund Here (Data Only)

Type of annual pass: Platinum
Original pass expiration date: 6/4/20
Extended expiration date: 10/29/20
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund): Full cancellation
Refund received: $210.14

Requested cancellation over the phone on 8/4. Pass disappeared from MDX around 9/10. Refunded to my original bank account (even though I’ve been issued a new card with a new number since the purchase) on 9/30.

My fiancé canceled his platinum pass (same original expiration date) over the phone in June, was refunded the same amount in July, and still has a valid pass in MDX that expires 10/29/20. :confused3

Type of annual pass: Platinum Out-of-State
Original pass expiration date: 7/5/20
Extended expiration date: 11/30/20 (I think...)
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund): Full cancellation requested on 8/11
Refund received: $396.20

Type of annual pass: Platinum Plus
Original pass expiration date: 6/21/20
Extended expiration date: 11/16/20
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund): Full cancellation requested on 7/9, 7/31, and 8/10. Multiple calls were needed because they gave inconsistent/conflicting information each time.
Refund received: $301.73 on 9/29 from Epcot Guest Services

We had 4 passes and 4 transactions showed up ($350.21, and three for $285.57) for a grand total of $1206.92. Divided by 4 equals $301.73 per pass.

Type of annual pass: DVC Gold ($648.59 purchase price)
Original pass expiration date: 11/9/20
Extended expiration date: 04/05/21
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund): Full cancellation requested July 2nd (i think)
Refund received: $418.26 per pass

We had 2 passes that we cancelled at the same time and refunds showed up as follows:

August 24th: Check for $200.16 for AP#1
September 29th: Check for $200.16 for AP#2
October 2nd: Credit to Credit Card $218.10 for AP#1
October 2nd: Credit to Credit Card $218.10 for AP#2

Last edited:

Are people still able to request a refund? With the increased crowd levels we are considering not taking our upcoming trip and wondered if we could still get a refund.

I just requested refunds today and it was an easy process to do so. Four requested That said, I was told it would take 8 to 12 weeks to process. Our original expiration date was December. I was told we would get roughly half back. We shall see when the check comes in the mail! Out of State Platinum

Before I try to call Disney again, which is excruciating...so my husband and I activated our new Platinum passes literally 3 days before they closed up in March. We were there on the last day they were open. So, I expected to get a nearly full refund of our purchase price. I just got my first refund check (they are processing separately) and it was for around $470. I just saw someone here reported they got a $469 refund for 7.5 months. So, what am I missing? My first thought was, oh, I guess they charged us full ticket price for our little 3 day visit and then refunded the difference, but then I would have expected someone with 7.5 months remaining on theirs to get quite a bit less than what I got, and that doesn't seem to be the case. Can anyone speculate if I got ripped off here and whether I should give them a call, or does the size of my refund look about right. I'm pretty upset if this is all the refund I'm getting, tbh. But if it sounds right based on what you have seen/heard, I will just let it go. Thanks.

Type of annual pass: DVC Gold - New pass upgraded from a 5 day with park hopper purchased thru Undercover Tourist
Original pass expiration date: 12/31/2020
Extended expiration date: not sure how to calculate?
Type of refund (full) $127.13

Received check today and this seems crazy low! I regret asking for refund.

Type of annual pass: DVC Gold Renewal (4)
Original pass expiration date: 02/18/2021
Type of refund (full) : NONE YET

Used passes for 4 days in Feb

Type of annual pass: DVC Gold - New pass upgraded from a 5 day with park hopper purchased thru Undercover Tourist
Original pass expiration date: 12/31/2020
Type of refund (full) $127.13

Received check today and this seems crazy low! I regret asking for refund.

Call them. Mine (DVC Gold) expired originally Nov 6, 2020 and I got $229.06 for the closure period. There is a check for the remainder amount in my informed delivery this morning also.

Ummm....your expiration date is showing as during the blackout period for a Gold pass? Not sure if this would be correct. Gold passes are blacked out during easter and Xmas for about 2 weeks so don't understand how it would be activated then as you would not have been able to enter a park?

Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone wake me up on this?

Posted this in another thread too. I got about $35 per pass back more than I expected based on the calculations.

I bought my AP via Sam's Club before the last big price increase in early 2019. Still waiting for my refund so decided to crunch numbers to see what I hope to get:

Amount you paid for your AP: $924
The day you activated your AP: Dec 21, 2019
That Disney World theme parks closed 03/16/2020
How many block out days (if any) there were for you between the day you activated your AP and 03/16/2020
- No blockout days

Access days = (366 days for the year) - (number of block out dates for you between the day you activated your AP and 03/16/2020) = 366

Usable value = (amount paid ) x (number of days between the day you activated your AP and 03/16/2020) divided by (access days)
$924 x 86 ÷ 366 = $217.11

Refund amount = (amount you paid for your AP) - (usable value) - (any refunds already paid to you)
$924 - $217.11 = $706.89

With this calculation:
Amount paid ÷ access days
$924÷ 366 = $2.52/day
I used 86 days so they owe me 280 days
280 x $2.52 = $705.60

UPDATE!
Just got my refund today (FINALLY!) via check.

Got $741.98 for one AP activated Dec 21 2019(my expected refund calculations shown above) and $752.35 for the other AP that wasn't activated until Dec 30 2019. So about $35 more than I expected.

Thank you to everyone sharing your journey to a refund!

Type of annual pass: Platinum
Original pass expiration date: May 15, 2020
Extended expiration date: October 9, 2020
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund): I asked for a full cancellation but it seems they gave a partial refund?
Refund received: $127.35

I called to cancel it in early May or late April and asked for a full cancellation. Since they extended my pass, I'm thinking they gave me a partial refund instead? I ended up renewing my pass so I'm fine with the result in the end.

Bought via Sam's before the last price increase.

Bought two tickets for a total of $1847.06.

We received two checks in the mail. One on Monday, the other on Tuesday for a grand total of $2,378.92. So.....that's cool I guess? Doing the math, they used the price of the ticket after the price increase and as if we bought it through Disney.

Type of annual pass: DVC Platinum - two passes
Original pass expiration date: 12/08/20
Type of refund (full) : $1403.56 total for both passes ($615.7 received beginning of September for closure period and $787.86 received today for cancellation)

Type of annual pass: DVC Gold
Original pass expiration date: 11/15/2020
Extended expiration date: 4/11/2020
Type of refund: Full
Refund received: $508.78

Bought the passes in August of 2019, and paid $744.44 per pass. Activated in November 2019 for a 6 day trip.

Type of annual pass: DVC Gold
Original pass expiration date: 7/10/2020
Purchase Price: $1945.77 (for 3 passes)
Extended expiration date: never extended because I requested the refund
Type of refund: partial refund (requested at end of May)
Refund received: Check for $680.58 currently in the mail

After months of checking the status of my refund, I received an email saying that passes that expired during the closure period had "experienced a processing error" and I would need to "call and verify my information" so they could process it. I did, and the payment is being processed and a check mailed. So, anyone in my situation that is still waiting, it might be worth a call.

Last edited:
Type of AP: DVC Gold
Original expiration: 8/4/20
Purchase price: $648.59
Refund type: via the email link in August
Refund received: 11/19/20, check in mail
Refund amount: $300.32

Bought via Sam's before the last price increase.

Bought two tickets for a total of $1847.06.

We received two checks in the mail. One on Monday, the other on Tuesday for a grand total of $2,378.92. So.....that's cool I guess? Doing the math, they used the price of the ticket after the price increase and as if we bought it through Disney.

That's awesome! We had bought ours at Sam's before the price increase too but only got back about $35 more each than I expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter