Post your WDW Annual Pass Refund Here (Data Only)

Type of annual pass: Gold
Original pass expiration date:03/10/2021
Extended expiration date:07/05/2021
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund):Full cancellation
Refund received: $ nothing yet

Activated our first annual passes 3/9/20, got to use them for 5 whole days!

Type of annual pass: Gold
Original pass expiration date:03/10/2021
Extended expiration date:07/05/2021
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund):Full cancellation
Refund received: $ nothing yet

Type of annual pass: DVC gold
Original pass expiration date: 3/10/20 Renewal pass purchased for trip 3/14/20 but never activated because trip cancelled
Type of refund: Full cancellation
Refund received: Total purchase price credited to my Disney Visa 7/21/20

Last edited:

I was looking at other threads and noticed that it was hard to track the refunds people were getting for APs. It would be nice to have a central place to share refund information.

Type of annual pass:
Original pass expiration date:
Extended expiration date:
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund):
Refund received: $

Let me know if I'm missing anything. :-) I just wanted to set up a central place to track this data, similar to the thread about resort changes. Thanks!
I would add 'original price paid, with tax'. Type of AP and price paid on the first line.

May I ask, I have seen a few people that have said when asking for a full refund, they received two payments.

I am wondering if Disney perhaps had some sort of insurance for a shutdown. I know some businesses do. Perhaps that is why there were two payments, one due to the shutdown itself, while the other is for the remaining time.

I work in IT, and have always had to track my time. I know that both during 9/11 and during the Coronavirus, I have had to separately track any hours that were spent due to those events.

I am just a little confused... what do you mean by "full cancellation or partial refund"?

I am just a little confused... what do you mean by "full cancellation or partial refund"?
Partial refund was only offered during the closure. it was a refund for the time the parks were eventually closed, 117 days unless your pass expired during the closure. (Monthly AP would just not pay for the closure months). Partial refunds began payment after July 11 (because Disney then knew how long the parks were closed)

In the last week or so, Disney sent an email offering a full cancellation, from July 11 until the pass expired. Full cancel will be an option until Aug 11. Someone could get both the partial refund and full cancel and get (2) payments, or get the same total with the closure extension and now deciding full cancel. The email sounded like full cancels would be be paid until after Aug 11, but all reports are confusing.

Last edited:
Partial refund was only offered during the closure. it was a refund for the time the parks were eventually closed, 117 days unless your pass expired during the closure. (Monthly AP would just not pay for the closure months). Partial refunds began payment after July 11 (because Disney then knew how long the parks were closed)

In the last week or so, Disney sent an email offering a full cancellation, from July 11 until the pass expired. Full cancel will be an option until Aug 11. Someone could get both the partial refund and full cancel and get (2) payments, or get the same total with the closure extension and now deciding full cancel. The email sounded like full cancels would be be paid until after Aug 11, but all reports are confusing.
If a person decides to accept the full extension of the AP, then the partial refund wouldn't apply, right? Can a person still request the partial refund, or is it too late? Just making sure. It's been a little unclear.

If a person decides to accept the full extension of the AP, then the partial refund wouldn't apply, right? Can a person still request the partial refund, or is it too late? Just making sure. It's been a little unclear.
For paid in full AP, the extension was the default option, and for monthly, the partial refund was the default option, unless the AP called and chose the other option.

It should now be too late to choose the partial refund, and I think the full cancel is now the only option.

However it sounds like some AP’s are now stuck in limbo as they didn’t get their chosen option and/or didn’t get the default properly applied.

Type of annual pass: DVC Gold
Original pass expiration date: 02-19-2021
Extended expiration date: 03-19-2021
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund): Partial refund
Refund received: 5 passes.. received about $1100

DVC gold
partial refund - $206 per ticket

DD called about a month ago. Only got 3 out of 5 refunds. 2 were AP renewals, still waiting on them.

Wanted to add, these 3 tickets that were bought at UT and then upgraded at disney.

Type of pass: DVC gold renewal (might be why we seemed to get a bit less than others?)
Original expiration: 10/14/20
New expiration: 11/14/20
Type of refund: partial
Amount: $194.65

Type of pass: Florida resident weekday select (monthly payments)
Original expiration: 3/10/21
New Expiration: 4/9/21
Type of refund: nothing yet!

I never received the credit that was promised to me for my 25 March payment.
When the email came out with the option to cancel, I did so, and received confirmation on 17 July.
Just saw that a charge for the July payment is pending on my credit card.
Called and they were very unhelpful! Just kept repeating that I would get a credit to my account or a check in the mail.
Told them that if the charge goes beyond pending, I will dispute it with the credit card company.

Type of pass: Non FL resident platinum pass (x2)
Original expiration: 01/26/2021
New Expiration: 06/22/2021
Type of refund: Originally requested partial, recently responded to an email requesting cancellation. $162.37 (x2) issued 07/16/2020

*** edited to move questions to the AP refund thread
/threads/ap-only-info-thread-reservation-system-extensions-refunds.3798147/post-62180508

Last edited:
Type of pass: Non FL resident platinum pass (x2)
Original expiration: 01/26/2021
New Expiration: 06/22/2021
Type of refund: Originally requested partial, recently responded to an email requesting cancellation. $162.37 (x2) issued 07/16/2020

*** edited to move questions to the AP refund thread
/threads/ap-only-info-thread-reservation-system-extensions-refunds.3798147/post-62180508
Something is clearly wrong with this data. You have claimed a 5 month extension plus a refund which is obviously incorrect even for a partial refund of a platinum pass based on your dates.

Like a scene from "The Box" I finally pushed the button and canceled my AP. Printed EVERYTHING. Waiting for the confirmation email. I did not get an option to select the refund method but would prefer a check versus the original form of payment.

This is what I estimate the refund may be.
Gold AP
Purchased January 12, 2020 $744.44
New expiration date including the 117 days: May 9, 2021. (The additional 30 days have also been applied even though I did not request.)
July 11, 2020-May 9, 2021= 303 days
$744.44/365= $2.04
$2.04×303= $617.99

Something is clearly wrong with this data. You have claimed a 5 month extension plus a refund which is obviously incorrect even for a partial refund of a platinum pass based on your dates.
I agree. Something is clearly wrong here, but as of right now, this is all factual. My guess is that the expiration dates were updated incorrectly. I just confirmed the full cancellation for both passes so we'll see what the extra amount is come September. The CM in the credits department did confirm that the amount refunded was for the closure period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter