Post your WDW Annual Pass Refund Here (Data Only)

Type of pass: DVC gold renewal (might be why we seemed to get a bit less than others?)
Original expiration: 10/14/20
New expiration: 11/14/20
Type of refund: partial
Amount: $194.65

Gold DVC new pass (not a renewal) - I paid $744.43
Original Expiration: 11/6/2020
New expiration: 12/6/2020
Amount: $229.06

So, my pass probably cost more - how much was your renewal?

Gold DVC new pass (not a renewal) - I paid $744.43
Original Expiration: 11/6/2020
New expiration: 12/6/2020

So, my pass probably cost more - how much was your renewal?
I can’t remember off hand so after some searching it looks like it was $650.71. So my lower credit amount makes sense.

My expiry was extended to 4/21. I called again today as never got the original “ link” email nor the confirmation email of my request for the refund. Again confirmed my email. They had no answer as to why I’m not getting anything but did see my request and provided me with the ID for the request notes. Said it would likely be sept till I see the refund. Dairying ahead.

Out of State Platinum Renewal
Original Expiration: 11/27/2020
New expiration: 12/27/2020
Amount: $347.57 x 2

My daughter and I visited for 5 days in late February and activated our passes. Those are the refunds we received. My wife has never activated her renewal. We were told we would receive the same amount for her but we did not receive anything. Both of the refunds came via check even though the card we used to buy the APs, a Disney Visa, is still active. I also called about 10 days ago to check on the refund.

There's clearly something wrong with this one based on other data. You also did not specify which expiration date you gave but even if that's the extended date, you should have a refund for almost 5 months.

I didn’t get an extended date- that’s the thing. The only date I ever had was the original expiration date. I emailed again, but I’ll have to call I guess.

Type of annual pass: Gold DVC Renewal x2
Original pass expiration date: 12/01/2020
Extended expiration date: 12/31/2020
Refund received: $194.65 x2
Also received two checks even though the credit card used to purchase the passes isn’t expired

Gold DVC pass (not renewal); paid $744.44
Activated: 12/3/2019
Type of refund: Closure period
Received a check even though the Disney credit card I used is still active.
I’m still awaiting the cancellation refund which I requested in April.

Husband is waiting for both refunds.

Gold DVC pass (not renewal); paid $744.44
Activated: 12/3/2019
Type of refund: Closure period
Received a check even though the Disney credit card I used is still active.
I’m still awaiting the cancellation refund which I requested in April.

Husband is waiting for both refunds.

I received the same amount of refund - $229.06 by check. My cost of pass was the same. Refund was for closure period.

Difference: Activated on Nov 6, 2019.

I received the same amount of refund - $229.06 by check. My cost of pass was the same. Refund was for closure period.

Difference: Activated on Nov 6, 2019.

I just checked and MDE shows an expiration date if 1/2/2021 - guess that will change once the cancellation is actually processed?<shrugs>

I just checked and MDE shows an expiration date if 1/2/2021 - guess that will change once the cancellation is actually processed?<shrugs>

Yes, it should, or august 12th will get here first.

Like a scene from "The Box" I finally pushed the button and canceled my AP. Printed EVERYTHING. Waiting for the confirmation email. I did not get an option to select the refund method but would prefer a check versus the original form of payment.

This is what I estimate the refund may be.
Gold AP
Purchased January 12, 2020 $744.44
New expiration date including the 117 days: May 9, 2021. (The additional 30 days have also been applied even though I did not request.)
July 11, 2020-May 9, 2021= 303 days
$744.44/365= $2.04
$2.04×303= $617.99
Do you know the baseline for the math? Is Disney using a 12 month 365 day period or are they using the entire time the ticket has been open; in other words the 12 months plus closed time.

Do you know the baseline for the math? Is Disney using a 12 month 365 day period or are they using the entire time the ticket has been open; in other words the 12 months plus closed time.
Nope. Someone on another thread posted this formula. This is really just a guess.

Type of annual pass: DVC Platinum Renewal
Original pass expiration date: 12/4/2020
New expiration date (updated in June/July?): 3/31/2021
Extended one month expiration date: 4/30/2021
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund): full
Refund estimate: $583.31 (Paid $813.66)

I also used the pass for a trip at the end of December 2019, if that matters...

Last edited:
Can anyone offer any guidance for our situation...

We purchased Platinum Passes thru Sam's Club in June of 2019 at the old AP pricing. We then activated the passes on Jan 25, 2020. Any idea how Disney would calculate the purchase amount of our AP and therefor the refund?

Type of annual pass: Gold
Original pass expiration date: Apr 28/2020
Extended expiration date:
not sure, canceled the end of May. Never updated in MDE
Type of refund (full cancellation or partial refund):
partial refund
Refund received: $
48.00 - received end of July

Can anyone offer any guidance for our situation...

We purchased Platinum Passes thru Sam's Club in June of 2019 at the old AP pricing. We then activated the passes on Jan 25, 2020. Any idea how Disney would calculate the purchase amount of our AP and therefor the refund?
I am waiting to find this out too. Also purchased from Sam's in June 2019.
I just figured they know the amount I paid... and I still have receipt. So I took that amount divided by 365 then multiply number of days left. For you it'd be 315... or close to that. I think you'd get close to $800 per AP back (that would be based on adult purchase price of $924 which is what I paid at Sam's).

I guess we will find out mid-September!

Last edited:
Type of annual pass: Gold FL Resident (x2)
Original pass expiration date:
7/3/2020
11/27/2020
Partial Refund
229.06 - only one check received just today - waiting on the 2nd refund

I am waiting to find this out too. Also purchased from Sam's in June 2019.
I just figured they know the amount I paid... and I still have receipt. So I took that amount divided by 365 then multiply number of days left. For you it'd be 315... or close to that. I think you'd get close to $800 per AP back (that would be based on adult purchase price of $924 which is what I paid at Sam's).

I guess we will find out mid-September!
I am in the same boat with Sam's purchase. Did you ever get your closure refund? We have received nothing yet. If you did get that refund, did you get check or how was it refunded? Getting a bit concerned.

I was looking at other threads and noticed that it was hard to track the refunds people were getting for APs. It would be nice to have a central place to share refund information.

Type of annual pass:
Original pass expiration date:

Let me know if I'm missing anything. :-) I just wanted to set up a central place to track this data, similar to the thread about resort changes. Thanks!
Type: Silver pass
Expiration date 2030 (unactivated)
Full cancellation
refund was about $415 each as I recall

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter