Post Your Wedding Cake

Wow ive just looked through this whole thread and love it!! :) some great inspiration!!

I was just wondering, when my finacee and i go there is only going to be 6 of us in total so I guess a two tier cake will be too big haha but we will still want a wedding cake.
Does anyone know how many a 1 tier mad hatter cake would feed and the cost??

Thanks!

Wow ive just looked through this whole thread and love it!! :) some great inspiration!! I was just wondering, when my finacee and i go there is only going to be 6 of us in total so I guess a two tier cake will be too big haha but we will still want a wedding cake. Does anyone know how many a 1 tier mad hatter cake would feed and the cost?? Thanks!

Lurkyloo has a cake chatter thread-- if you search the forums for "cake chatter" it comes up (I'd link it but I'm awful at these forums!) if you're looking at Cali Grill or Artist Point, you're in luck--- that's the Contemporary bakery and Chef Brian is ABSOLUTELY the best. Prices can vary wildly depending on how crazy you want to get with decorations, and the mad hatter is obviously more expensive but you might be looking at around $150? What other people paid for their cakes is up on that thread as well.

If I may, I recommend the orange cake with amaretto crunch filling! We just had my parent's 40th Anniversary cake at the Cali Grill and they made us a haunted mansion themed cake that was out of this world in those flavors!!!

2-tier mad hatter is $450. I'm not sure how a single tier mad hatter would work. How would that be different from a single sheet?

2-tier mad hatter is $450. I'm not sure how a single tier mad hatter would work. How would that be different from a single sheet?

I know it's weird, but if you order a 6 or 8 inch cake from Disney at a restaurant it seems to be a lot cheaper than cakes from DFTW-- my parent's haunted mansion anniversary cake was an 8" cake with wedding fillings was only $100!!

Yeah, it really depends on which resort you're ordering from. The Contemporary seems to have the lowest prices, with the Grand Floridian in the middle and Yacht & Beach Club at the top. BoardWalk Bakery and Animal Kingdom Lodge are sorta in the middle too.

Here's our cake! All photos from By the Robinsons.

A shot of our cake table:
013_zpsd58ca4f4.jpg

Our cake:
015_zpsce4f42e2.jpg

We asked for the top tier to be the color of Jellyroll's stripes - our save the date featured a photo of Geoff and I in front of Jellyrolls, and since our reception was at Atlantic Dance Hall, we wanted to bring the Boardwalk theme in! Also, one of our colors was sky blue, so the color was perfect.

Going with the Boardwalk theme, we chose aqua waves (blue, aqua, and mint were our main colors) to tie in colors and our Boardwalk/retro/Bioshock theme. Our accent color was red, so we asked for red hearts coming from the waves. It was perfect!

Our cake topper was a DIY project from my matron of honor - two little birds! She has an Etsy shop, 5th and Ash, and our cake toppers were one of the first she made (aside from her own ;)).
011_zps31f145a7.jpg
012_zps1e18a887.jpg

Our flavors were chocolate with peanut butter cup filling, and lemon with raspberry filling. :thumbsup2

Idk if this thread makes me wish our wedding cake had more than just the mickey and Minnie Lennox cake topper - or, if I just really want cake now!!

Ours was a two-tier Mad Hatter with a blue ombre syle and it was PERFECT! We had yellow with white chocolate mousse (in addition to almond with amaretto crunch in the form of a sheet cake), and the GF bakery created 3 blue-toned sugar roses as a topper (we didn't provide one and they came back saying the Mad Hatter looks better with a topper) at no extra charge. Sadly, I forgot to eat a rose from our top tier before we checked out! :sad1:

0687_Finnigan by elphie101, on Flickr

0936_Finnigan by elphie101, on Flickr

For DISers who don't frequent the Official Cake Chatter Thread, here are the wedding cakes and cupcakes from Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings' 2014 Bridal Showcase...

This first one is the photo-mapping projection cake they're renting for $2,900. It has three designs or you can customize it with your own photos. You get a 5-tier fake cake that's projected on 2 sides from a giant gift box. If you want real, edible cake, you buy that separately. Even the castle cake topper is sold separately. This cake counts toward the Wishes Collection enhancement minimums.

IMG_0842.jpg

Hi, Do you know how much the dragon cake on the easel is?

ok I know there have been brides since may. Please we are dying to see
your cakes. It really helps with ideas for future brides

Here is our cake from May 2015. All we really told them was that we wanted it to be inspired by the Mad Tea Party ride with "Happily Ever After" on there somehow. Each individual tea cup was made from white chocolate with a crazy amount of detail. We loved it!

Ooooooo Fun!!! Our Disney wedding didn't have a Disney theme. I just wanted everything in shades of pink... but my cake topper was the one thing I did that was Disney. (Actually, we also named our tables after shops on Main Street... because that's where we met.) We had two layers of what we called "Dole Whip" which was yellow cake with pineapple filling, and one layer of Chocolate.

aad55ea7-d3df-45d2-b891-766aacb08ef9_zpsnqfqlz8t.jpg

KD0707%205-18-08_zpsuovbmcu1.jpg

Last edited:
I actually got to design our cake. It's a combination of a sunburst mirror, a bakelite radio, and the light in the theatre on the Disney cruise ships. We knew we wanted something art deco and they threw in the idea of actually lighting something up. It's a separate piece that fits back into the cake made completely of sugar (my husband tested all of it). They used little LEDs to light it up:
Picture18.png

The top and bottom were almond cake w/ amaretto, the middle layer had tropical mousse.

This cake looks amazing! And I love the sound of the flavor combination too.

Solomon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter