POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

So I have been watching these guidelines fairly closely because I am on the border between corrals. I just saw on FB that the Corral assignments for pacers were released for the Spring Time 10 Miler. It looks like the pacers for the 1:30 finish time are in Corral B. @DopeyBadger does that mean that the cut off for the PoT should be slightly faster than the 1:31:15? Maybe I am reading too much into this....lol...but these cut offs are my training goals. 🤣

I guess what I am saying is that if I submit a PoT for a 10 mile race that is 1:31 flat, that would not have placed me into Corral A for the Spring Time surprise 10 miler right? So for thinking ahead, if I run a 10 Mile race this summer and want to use it as a PoT for the HM only in January (not a challenge), what would I want to run in order to get Corral A placement? Sub 1:30? I know these are all just best guesses and this could change. I am just wondering if the goal posts were moved... 🤣

Last edited:
So I have been watching these guidelines fairly closely because I am on the border between corrals. I just saw on FB that the Corral assignments for pacers were released for the Spring Time 10 Miler. It looks like the pacers for the 1:30 finish time are in Corral B. @DopeyBadger does that mean that the cut off for the PoT should be slightly faster than the 1:31:15? Maybe I am reading too much into this....lol...but these cut offs are my training goals. 🤣

I guess what I am saying is that if I submit a PoT for a 10 mile race that is 1:31 flat, that would not have placed me into Corral A for the Spring Time surprise 10 miler right? So for thinking ahead, if I run a 10 Mile race this summer and want to use it as a PoT for the HM only in January (not a challenge), what would I want to run in order to get Corral A placement? Sub 1:30? I know these are all just best guesses and this could change. I am just wondering if the goal posts were moved... 🤣
I don't think you can read into it with that granularity. There's not a 1:31:15 pace group, so there's no way to know exactly what the cutoff is from that.

I don't think you can read into it with that granularity. There's not a 1:31:15 pace group, so there's no way to know exactly what the cutoff is from that.
Yes, I realize that...I know these are always just guidelines but I am working really hard on my running goals, and some of these goals include running near these cut off times so I just want to be prepared! :-)

These tables:

1713208105326.png

only covers the WDW M, Goofy Dopey in Table 1 and HM solo or non-marathon challenge events (like Fairytale, Two Course, Dumbo Double Dare, and Chills/Thrills) in Table 2. Nothing from these tables can be drawn back to Springtime. I haven't been tracking the Springtime 10 miler corral cutoffs because runDisney had announced they would be changing the distance... but obviously they haven't yet.

Even outside that, you can see disconnects just in Table 1 and 2 for the same time. For example, a person with a 1:30:00 10 miler would be in Corral B for Dopey (between 1:24:30-1:35:05) but in Corral A for the Fairytale Challenge (1:31:15 or less). That's just how the math shakes out. So just because a 1:30 Spring Time 10 miler is in Corral B has no bearing on what would happen for Dopey or Fairytale.

If the goal is a WDW HM solo event Corral A placement for Jan 2025, then the goal POT submission remains 1:31:15 or less.

I wouldn't assume the corrals have changed based on the official pacers. With the cutoff so close, it's smart to move the pacers back. Someone could reasonably have submitted a time good enough for B but be chasing that 1:30 time. Likewise, someone in A could have a 1:30 goal and they would be allowed to move back. If it was the opposite and the pacers were in A, corral B folks would not have the opportunity to run with the pace group.

Thanks so much @DopeyBadger and @GollyGadget --that makes a lot of sense. I promise I am not some kind of pace snob at all or obsessed with times. I just promised myself that my goal is to run Disney races with DH, who is a Corral A runner without asking him to drop back to Corral B (he always does happily so it's ALL ME and not him 🤣) . I have been working on this goal for 2 years now and I am chipping away it with each training block--I am getting close but not there yet....ALMOST!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter