prayers and support please

Glampire31

Mouseketeer
Hello all, I have read all the posts on all that you have been through. I hope you don't mind if I add my own.
18 years ago when I was 13 I received a kidney transplant from my uncle... I have been doing really well and feeling okay... I was switched this past year from Children's Hospital in Boston to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston... The doctors seem nice but they are not American... Two of them are from India and another one is from Russia I believe.
The thing is they are saying that although I am stable, that I should start asking friends and family if they would donate a kidney to me... Then a few months later they told me that they want me to have a stress test, bone scan and some other tests then they will start the paperwork to put me on the list to find another kidney.

Sorry for the long and crazy rant, but I am just so scared right now... I break down crying every day, thinking that I did something wrong.... I could just use some support and good wishes right now.

Thanks for listening.

My trip to Disney in November can't come fast enough... I really need it right now.

Of course you have my support and prayers. I am a bit confused... why did you have to change from Childrens to Brigham and Women's? I am assuming it is because of your age, no longer a child?

If you are not happy with the doctors at Brigham, there are so many fine hospitals in Boston....are you locked in there? What about Mass General, I cannot say enough about that hospital and how great they have been to my husband in his battle against Pancreatic Cancer..

I think you need some answers....why are they suggesting you look for another donor? Is that kidney failing? Why are they suggesting these tests: a stress test, bone scan and some other tests? You need to get some answers so that you can put your mind to rest on what is going on right now with your kidney......

Also, if you feel that you cannot communicate with your doctors, but want to stay there, it is a fine hospital, ask to speak to a social worker....tell them your concerns and how you are feeling and that you do not know what is going on... It is their job to explain things to you so that you do understand..

Speak up and call that hospital and get some answers for yourself.. in the meantime, hugs...

I will keep you in my prayers. I agree with Mackey. Ask questions, find out why they are doing this. Do some research, find the best doctors you can.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. And I do agree that you should look for another opinion. Or at least for a doctor that you have more confidence in. We had to do that last year when my husband had to have surgery for Thyroid cancer. And believe me it was the best decision we ever made. Good luck to you. :hug:

:hug: My thoughts and prayers are with you. Go ahead and cry if you want to, sometimes it will help. Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter