Pre check question

stormer

DIS Veteran
We have flown three times since we got pre check. The first time was SW and it didn't show up on our boarding passes, but I realized before we left the house. I called SW and they added it for us. The second time we flew was Jet Blue and the pre check showed up automatically. Two weeks ago we flew SW and it showed up for me and one of my sons, but not my husband or my other son. Of course I was in a rush because I printed the boarding passes at the hotel and I didn't realize until we got to MCO so DH and DS had to go to the regular security line. Is there anything I can do to make sure it automatically shows up? I added our known traveler numbers to all of our airline accounts and made sure our names appear exactly the same. I don't know why it is a problem with SW.

I've never had an issue with any airline, so I can't help there, but it's important to note that you are not guaranteed to get it on your boarding pass even if you're enrolled in the program. It's very rare that you wouldn't get it, but it's not a 100% guarantee.

We haven't had any issues with AA, Delta or SWA since we got TSA pre and we fly often.

Make sure that the KTN is in your profile for all the airlines you fly and then when you make your reservations make sure it shows up in the KTN space - if not enter it!

IIRC mine shows up automatically when I am booking for myself but when I book for my dd's it doesn't always show up automatically even after entering their ff number.

When we flew to MCO this past fall it did not show up on my brothers boarding pass and they had waited until we were at the airport to print them out. It ended up that when they entered their KTN's on their reservations they entered his wife's on both and of course they did not have his number with them. I was trying to help by going to the TSA web site on my phone but it kept telling me it could not access it, odd thing was every other web site I tried worked. In the end they went to the JetBlue desk and they were able to use the JB computers to look up his number and JB entered his KTN and re-printed his boarding pass it it appeared.

We haven't had any issues with AA, Delta or SWA since we got TSA pre and we fly often.

Make sure that the KTN is in your profile for all the airlines you fly and then when you make your reservations make sure it shows up in the KTN space - if not enter it!

IIRC mine shows up automatically when I am booking for myself but when I book for my dd's it doesn't always show up automatically even after entering their ff number.

Was going to say the same thing. Double and triple check the KTN numbers are accurate in everyone's profiles, on the reservations, etc.

When going through checking in, make sure they show up, even if it’s in the profiles. We’ve had issues with an airline or two where the info was in the profile but alsonbeed d to be entered again. When Dh doesn’t have pre on his boarding pass, we go back through the process and re-enter it. Invariably (Dh had a 50% of the year travel job with precheck since 2009) pre then shows up on the boarding pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter