Pre-trip Planning - Tis the DLP Season

HikingBelle

Mouseketeer
Hello all! I'm planning my first trip to DLP, and it's coinciding with the Christmas season celebrations! I'll be posting my planning in this thread, and would welcome any and all feedback from veteran DLP DISers. Many thanks to all the folks who posted information threads and trip reports, they've been super valuable as we plan.

The Plan
--November 30-December 3
--Hotel Sequoia
--Our first DLP Annual Pass trip!

Questions to be resolved:

Dining!
- When we visit other Disney parks, we usually do 1 quick service and 1 sit down. On my list right now are Captain Jack's and Restaurant Agrabah Cafe. We are thinking about Walt's, but not sure yet.
- Breakfasts: Our typical routine is something small. We'll bring some snacks with us, but probably will wait and see how the on-site hotel setup is. Any advice from past travelers?

Touring!
- How much of a touring plan do people make? I typically create a pretty solid plan when we visit WDW, but I'm thinking DLP can be more relaxed. I do need to spend some time studying the park map and also where FP is used.

Entertainment!
- I have loved discovering all the Christmas season entertainment that is planned. Entertainment is as much a part of the Disney experience as attractions. I'm wondering when scheduled show times will be released, or if people can anticipate them based on previous experiences?

Updates to the thread as plans continue!

We've been during December, and the park always looks great. There could be a reduction in decorations due to the 25th celebrations, at the moment it looks there are less Halloween decorations than usual.

There are a couple of castle shows which will be on around 5 times a day, and iirc there was a Christmas themed parade, however they have their new parade at the moment that is heavily advertised on all the TV ads, so don't know if they'll have two parades on the go.

You havent mention if you're on a meal plan?

In terms of planning, we play everything by ear. Old school fastpasses force you to be more relaxed, and we make our dining reservations when we arrive. We've really enjoyed Blue Lagoon and Inventions in the past, and a firm favourite is the Silver Spur Steakhouse.

Breakfast will be a huuuuge mostly cold buffet, it is what it is, we usually eat a decent breakfast early to take advantage of magic hours.

I'm assuming this will be a value season week, so the parks will likely close earlier (8pm DLP, 6pm WDS is likely)

You havent mention if you're on a meal plan?

In terms of planning, we play everything by ear. Old school fastpasses force you to be more relaxed, and we make our dining reservations when we arrive. We've really enjoyed Blue Lagoon and Inventions in the past, and a firm favourite is the Silver Spur Steakhouse.

Breakfast will be a huuuuge mostly cold buffet, it is what it is, we usually eat a decent breakfast early to take advantage of magic hours.

I'm assuming this will be a value season week, so the parks will likely close earlier (8pm DLP, 6pm WDS is likely)

Very helpful, thank you!

We are not on a meal plan, so no breakfast buffet.

Very helpful, thank you!

We are not on a meal plan, so no breakfast buffet.
No probs :)

In that case, I wouldn't pay for the breakfast buffet, I'd check out the options in the Village and the Parks.

Earl of Sandwich might do something tasty, and Starbucks might do the usual stuff (if they are both open)

I recommend the earl of sandwich breakfast - a hot drink and hot sandwich for 4.95 euros. Nicer than the hot breakfast sandwich in the parks and much cheaper!

I’m following along here! We are headed to DLP for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We are spending 6 days in Paris and then a week in London.

We have been to WDW and DL several times, but this is our first time to visit DLP.

Everyone on the boards is so helpful! I’ve been taking notes on all of the wonderful suggestions!

Thanks so much to everyone who has helped out.

We are in the last minute planning for our trip! We decided to do the shuttle rather than train, on a combination of timing (when we land it would be a 2 hour wait for a TGV) and cost.

A few more updates...

The Christmas Season entertainment schedule is out, and here's a link to the Shows and Parades Weekly Timetable (also has character meet and greets): Link. My understanding is this should update every week for those of you heading a little later in the season.

We decided to make reservations for Cape Cod one evening, and then for Restaurant Agrabah Cafe during the day. I can't decide about Walt's still! Since we're less confident about how much food and what we want, we're going to book other meals once we arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!