Pre-Trip report: Honeymooning in Europe

This is really great itinerary! You will really get to experience so much now.

Edinburgh - It is really beautiful and steeped in history. Anything around the old town, the Castle are recommended.
Inverness - my home town! There is so much to do around here. A short distance from Invergordon (maybe 20 miles or so) is the cathedral town of Dornoch, famous for Dornoch Cathedral where Madonna got married. Its a quaint town. Glenmorangie Distillery is not far from here either if you are interested in whiskey. Loch Ness is always worth a visit as well as Urquhart Castle. Someone mentioned Culloden, certainly worth a visit as well.
Orkney - I have never been but I have heard great things. Its very far north and exposed so likely to be cool and windy, even in May!
Greenock - agree with PP above, Luss or Loch Lomond is what I would recommend as well.
I visited Cobh many years ago, I remember it had really great food! Vaguely remember someone said it was the gourmet capital of Ireland.....

So I changed my trip again :scared: We are completely ditching the cruise (the ship has a lot bad reviews and it made me nervous being on it for two full weeks) So instead we are now doing two days in London, flying to Edinburgh and staying there for seven days doing one day trips all over Scotland, then flying back to London and spending 6 nights there. I booked nonrefundable stuff so we are for sure doing this and no more changing. I'm really excited about this and will have to plan a trip in the future to go to Ireland now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!