Predictions on Fastpass for ROTR

There were people asking about it in the BG threat, but the mods seemed to want to keep things on topic there.

The last couple of days, it seems like the reliability has increased slightly.

Think we are getting close to FP+?

How will disney roll this one out?

I think they'll switch to just standby at first, like MFSR was and then move to fp. But i think that the ride is going to have to be reliable everyday for at least a month or two before they charge anything.
I expect a lot of disclaimers as to "no guarantees to ride" just like they are doing now
And thank you for keeping the bg thread on topic!

I'm guessing with the hour moves they are expecting to use boarding groups through August. Seems odd to switch hours otherwise.

Nobody knows anything. Not that long ago here, several people were solemnly proclaiming that “people who know things” were saying that MMRR would open with boarding groups.

Nobody knows anything. Not that long ago here, several people were solemnly proclaiming that “people who know things” were saying that MMRR would open with boarding groups.

I suspect it would have if ROTR had behaved more reliably by now. Possibly.

I didn't want to start a thread and this one seems close to what I want to ask. It seems the boarding groups are a lot of work and luck. I wonder if it would work for RotR to be a FP only ride. They issue FP at the 60 day and reserve some for the 30 day folks and then you don't have the madhouse of crowds trying to get a BG at opening. This would mean they would issue a lot more FP than a regular rig=de since only FP would get you on. Then someone cant make it and needs to get rid of FP someone else could grab it. I'm sure someone has already brought this but I haven't seen it and was curious if you thought it would work

I didn't want to start a thread and this one seems close to what I want to ask. It seems the boarding groups are a lot of work and luck. I wonder if it would work for RotR to be a FP only ride. They issue FP at the 60 day and reserve some for the 30 day folks and then you don't have the madhouse of crowds trying to get a BG at opening. This would mean they would issue a lot more FP than a regular rig=de since only FP would get you on. Then someone cant make it and needs to get rid of FP someone else could grab it. I'm sure someone has already brought this but I haven't seen it and was curious if you thought it would work
But what about when the ride goes down? Right now they can stop calling groups until it's working again but that won't work for s fastpass. The number of groups called varies a lot. Plus if you don't have a long stay there probably wouldn't be much at the 60 day mark and the 30 day ones would go super fast.

But what about when the ride goes down? Right now they can stop calling groups until it's working again but that won't work for s fastpass. The number of groups called varies a lot. Plus if you don't have a long stay there probably wouldn't be much at the 60 day mark and the 30 day ones would go super fast.
That when you get an anytime FP. And perhaps they could do this when it becomes more stable. Do they have enough room in HS for a long queue like FOP does in AK?

The other problem with FP, is that it would mean you have your only tier 1 fastpass tied up with a ride that has terrible reliability. As it is now, you get your 3 fastpasses PLUS the opportunity to get a boarding group. On top of that, you can even be holding fastpasses in a completely different park and still start out at DHS to attempt to get a boarding group before hopping away to do your fastpasses in the other park.

That when you get an anytime FP. And perhaps they could do this when it becomes more stable. Do they have enough room in HS for a long queue like FOP does in AK?

Yes but if they're often giving those out the fastpass line will get long if everyone chooses to come at first. There have been days when it is down for hours.

The other problem with FP, is that it would mean you have your only tier 1 fastpass tied up with a ride that has terrible reliability. As it is now, you get your 3 fastpasses PLUS the opportunity to get a boarding group. On top of that, you can even be holding fastpasses in a completely different park and still start out at DHS to attempt to get a boarding group before hopping away to do your fastpasses in the other park.
They could make it a separate category type FP since it would be the only way to ride. It was just an idea. I really want to see MMRR but if its still bad in Dec, i may skip this park completely

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter