Preferred Site Question

JeremyC

Earning My Ears
This is our first trip to the fort and we're staying in a Preferred loop. My question is which loop's sites are the largest? We just upgraded to a F250 Crew Cab long bed and have a 32'TT. I want to make sure we'll have room to maneuver.
Thanks for your help.

You will be fine, I was in 100 loop with a Chevy 3500 CC long bed dually and a trailer your size. The only issue we had backing in was an underground electrical box across the road was close to where my front end had to swing.

This is our first trip to the fort and we're staying in a Preferred loop. My question is which loop's sites are the largest? We just upgraded to a F250 Crew Cab long bed and have a 32'TT. I want to make sure we'll have room to maneuver.
Thanks for your help.

About the only two sites for sure that I know to avoid, JeremyC, are 115 and 201. 115 has a short paved section and a tent pad behind it. I stayed in 116 across from it so I saw people come in/out during my stay and struggle. 201 has longer pavement but since it backs up to the Comfort Station the "tent pad" is only about 3 feet deep of dirt. So not much overhang (I stayed in 201 with my little popup).

The rest in 100/200 you are probably good with like PaHunter said (other than someone might be across from you parked out near the road but that can happen just about anywhere).

Bama Ed

You should be good with that combo.

Just remember, if you get to your assigned site and won't fit, just call the front desk and see if you can have another one. Most of the time they can get you another site without having to drive back to the check-in.

With a rig that size (pretty much the same as ours) we get the premium site. The longer, wider site makes it so much easier to get in and out, and there is plenty of room for your tow vehicle.

We do not care for the preferred loops because we find them a bit tight and less spacious than other loops. Twice we've had to ask neighbors to move a vehicle so we could make the swing into our sight (which they were happy to oblige). We find the full-hook-up and premium sites to be much larger and spacious. You can ask during check-in for an easy back-in site and the CMs will be happy to do the best they can based on availability. (One reason we never complete check-in prior to arrival is because we do not want our site pre-assigned. We 've always been able to choose a site we are pleased with.) You can google for some great images and videos and advice, or download an android app that has info for each site. You Tube has some drive-through videos of various loops too. Check out the one of the 200 loop, that should give you a good idea of the sizes.

Last edited:
We do not care for the preferred loops because we find them a bit tight and less spacious than other loops. Twice we've had to ask neighbors to move a vehicle so we could make the swing into our sight (which they were happy to oblige). We find the full-hook-up and premium sites to be much larger and spacious. You can ask during check-in for an easy back-in site and the CMs will be happy to do the best they can based on availability. (One reason we never complete check-in prior to arrival is because we do not want our site pre-assigned. We 've always been able to choose a site we are pleased with.) You can google for some great images and videos and advice, or download an android app that has info for each site. You Tube has some drive-through videos of various loops too. Check out the one of the 200 loop, that should give you a good idea of the sizes.
Road Trippin just uploaded a new You Tube video of the 200 loop yesterday, well worth checking out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter