Pregnant at Disney

WinnieAndMinnie17

Mouseketeer
Hi all, so I am going to be in Disney from this year and was wondering how it would be for my wife who will potentially be pregnant when we are here. Has anyone gone to Disney pregnant and what should we expect? I feel like the MK is going to be the only park worth going because all the other seem pointless for us since she won't be able to ride anything. Any tips for what we could do?

I feel like the MK is going to be the only park worth going because all the other seem pointless for us since she won't be able to ride anything. Any tips for what we could do?

Totally disagree with this. I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t ride Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Figment, Nemo, and Gran Fiesta Tour at Epcot. You can also enjoy all of the World Showcase films. Plenty to do at DHS with all of the shows, and at AK with the animals, walking trails, and shows.

Her level of comfort will depend significantly on a) how far along she is and b) what time of year you're going (heat can be extremely hard on a pregnant body). Regardless, I would say that there are definitely lots of things she could do at the other parks while pregnant.

AK....Navi River Journey, It's Tough to be a Bug, all the shows (Lion King is my favorite!), animal trails, etc
Epcot....whichever festival is going on, explore World Showcase, Spaceship Earth, Nemo Ride, The Seas pavilion, nighttime show, etc
DHS...MMRR, explore SWGE, build a saber or droid, etc

As the others have mentioned there is a lot to do at every park when you are pregnant. It might be different things from what you have done on past trips but still days worth of activities. You might even find out you have been missing out on a lot of fun activities you never tried before.

Honestly, everyone experiences pregnancy differently so it’s hard to say. When I was pregnant, the first five months I was throwing up close to a dozen times a day and any form of vehicle ride was torture, and after tha I was on bed rest for several months due to complications and travel was prohibited. Other women feel great while pregnant and can do anything that isn’t restricted (the signs outside the rides will say when they are not advised for pregnant women). If your wife is up to it, I see no reason why she couldn’t find something to do at every park. But maybe get a resort with a nice pool where she can rest if needed, and try to pick a time of year that isn’t too hot so she won’t get dehydrated or overheated.

Should have been more clear sorry! This trip will be in early September to (Hopefully!we are planning it during Disney of course lol) announce our pregnancy since we are both Disney fanatics and want to reveal it at the MK! It is only a 4 night trip and 1 day will be for the MK and the other we are hoping to do a MNSSHP! For the other 2 nights was seeing if the other parks were worth it! We also have never been to AK so is this a good option? Since it will be relatively early in the pregnancy, not sure how that will play into so thats why we didn't extend to more then 4 nights! I love DHS as does she but I know if we go there she will be upset she can't ride her favorites so I was thinking skipping this all together! Was torn between either Epcot or AK.
Totally disagree with this. I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t ride Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, Figment, Nemo, and Gran Fiesta Tour at Epcot. You can also enjoy all of the World Showcase films. Plenty to do at DHS with all of the shows, and at AK with the animals, walking trails, and shows.
Her level of comfort will depend significantly on a) how far along she is and b) what time of year you're going (heat can be extremely hard on a pregnant body). Regardless, I would say that there are definitely lots of things she could do at the other parks while pregnant.

AK....Navi River Journey, It's Tough to be a Bug, all the shows (Lion King is my favorite!), animal trails, etc
Epcot....whichever festival is going on, explore World Showcase, Spaceship Earth, Nemo Ride, The Seas pavilion, nighttime show, etc
DHS...MMRR, explore SWGE, build a saber or droid, etc

We went to WDW during my second pregnancy. I ended up needing to go to the hospital, but it was something that would have happened had I been sitting at home with my feet up (in other words, not due to going to Disney). They treated me at the hospital, sent me back, and told me to take it easy the next day.

Much of it depends how healthy the pregnancy is, how far along you are, and how healthy the mother is. Also, I wouldn't go in the extreme heat of July, August, or September.

There are plenty of things to do in the other parks. I enjoyed Epcot. I enjoyed walking around the world showcase. The Nemo ride and the Living with the Land ride were enjoyable. Meet and greets were fun.

We did not go to the other two parks during that trip, but AK had much to offer. We enjoyed the Lion King show. Na'vi River was pleasant. Triceratops spin was fun also.
I can't think of as much in HS, but HS doesn't have much as far as rides go anyway. They are mostly shows. The character meets would be fun, as well as the Toy Story Midway Mania.

We went to WDW during my second pregnancy. I ended up needing to go to the hospital, but it was something that would have happened had I been sitting at home with my feet up (in other words, not due to going to Disney). They treated me at the hospital, sent me back, and told me to take it easy the next day.

Much of it depends how healthy the pregnancy is, how far along you are, and how healthy the mother is. Also, I wouldn't go in the extreme heat of July, August, or September.

There are plenty of things to do in the other parks. I enjoyed Epcot. I enjoyed walking around the world showcase. The Nemo ride and the Living with the Land ride were enjoyable. Meet and greets were fun.

We did not go to the other two parks during that trip, but AK had much to offer. We enjoyed the Lion King show. Na'vi River was pleasant. Triceratops spin was fun also.
I can't think of as much in HS, but HS doesn't have much as far as rides go anyway. They are mostly shows. The character meets would be fun, as well as the Toy Story Midway Mania.
Thanks yeah, we just got back from disney in November and we hit every park except AK. This might be a good trip to do that possibly, we are going early september so hopefully it isnt too crazy hot! We love DHS and we rode every ride some even 3x when we went in November lol, rope dropping SDD was key! we missed ROTR and the new railroad ride but maybe we will do that after this trip haha! Might just use this trip to experience the non disney park factor of being at disney world! Springs and checking out the fall decor at the resorts! I am leaning toward just doing MK, AK and the MNSSHP during our trip!

You're getting the cart in front of the horse here, by quite a bit.

I mean, it really sounds like this is your first kid, right? So you have NO CLUE how your wife's body will react to bring pregnant. You also don't really know if you'll be able to get pregnant immediately. Some couples can. Sometimes it takes a couple of months/years. Sometimes it takes a long time with medical intervention. So to plan a trip around announcing your pregnancy seems foolhardy. I don't mean to be callous, but if you have issues trying to conceive and you plan this trip entirely around that, isn't that going to be a huge bummer?

We didn't have issues conceiving. But I had such severe morning sickness with my first, I had to be hospitalized for fluids weekly for months. I could have never survived Disney. I had intense morning sickness with all my girls, including throwing my vertebrae out of alignment due to excessive vomitting.

I did go while pregnant with my 4th, but I knew what to expect by then and my body didn't react so severely to that pregnancy.

It would be a cute photo op, sure. But I just do not think it is worth it to be perfectly frank with you.

Also, there is a lot your wife can ride at any park. She just needs to talk with her OBGYN about any possible restrictions.

My wife went preggo in 2017. We did MK/DHS. You could easily find plenty to do in the other parks.

Depends how pregnant she will be and how much walking she can tolerate.

I am saying we are planning to time it for the days we are going, will also end up cancelling my trip if we are not at the time because this is the whole point of the trip.
Yikes, I missed the "potentially" pregnant part. The timing will have to work out perfectly for this to work. Too early and she won't want to announce it, too late and it will be hard to keep under wraps. Seems like a lot of pressure on (what can be) an already stressful time. And I speak from experience as someone who had difficulty getting pregnant.

You're getting the cart in front of the horse here, by quite a bit.

I mean, it really sounds like this is your first kid, right? So you have NO CLUE how your wife's body will react to bring pregnant. You also don't really know if you'll be able to get pregnant immediately. Some couples can. Sometimes it takes a couple of months/years. Sometimes it takes a long time with medical intervention. So to plan a trip around announcing your pregnancy seems foolhardy. I don't mean to be callous, but if you have issues trying to conceive and you plan this trip entirely around that, isn't that going to be a huge bummer?

We didn't have issues conceiving. But I had such severe morning sickness with my first, I had to be hospitalized for fluids weekly for months. I could have never survived Disney. I had intense morning sickness with all my girls, including throwing my vertebrae out of alignment due to excessive vomitting.

I did go while pregnant with my 4th, but I knew what to expect by then and my body didn't react so severely to that pregnancy.

It would be a cute photo op, sure. But I just do not think it is worth it to be perfectly frank with you.

Also, there is a lot your wife can ride at any park. She just needs to talk with her OBGYN about any possible restrictions.
Yeah exactly, I am just trying to get some things we could potentially do, if we are not pregnant by this time we will obviously be just moving the trip to whenever we are. I was just seeing what were some things we could do besides big rides as we never usually do anything else there but that. And yes I understand it might not be possible with how she could be feeling and we both understand this idea might not be the smartest. Just wanted to get some ideas and feedback. Sorry if I bothered anyone.

Yikes, I missed the "potentially" pregnant part. The timing will have to work out perfectly for this to work. Too early and she won't want to announce it, too late and it will be hard to keep under wraps. Seems like a lot of pressure on (what can be) an already stressful time. And I speak from experience as someone who had difficulty getting pregnant.
Yeah, I explained that it might be impossible to time but if it can't be done its not a big deal as having a kid alone is fantastic. Sorry if I bothered everyone, was just trying to see what some things we could do if it became perfect timing!

Yeah, I explained that it might be impossible to time but if it can't be done its not a big deal as having a kid alone is fantastic. Sorry if I bothered everyone, was just trying to see what some things we could do if it became perfect timing!
You certainly didn't bother anyone (at least not me)...I was just worried about the potential disappointment as I know how that can feel. But it sounds like you are going in with tempered expectations and hopefully we have given you some insight into lots of things other than rides that can be done while pregnant. Best of luck to you and your wife :)

Yes, there really is a very short window on announcing pregnancies (at least for me, when I was pregnant I looked the part). Most wait until the first trimester is over, but by then, I was showing soon after, even with my first. With my twins, I announced closer to 9 weeks (it was also my 4th pregnancy so I showed quickly). I was lucky to conceive every time I tried, but that is pretty unusual. My sister had a couple of m/c between #2 and #3 that threw off her timeline.

Yeah exactly, I am just trying to get some things we could potentially do, if we are not pregnant by this time we will obviously be just moving the trip to whenever we are. I was just seeing what were some things we could do besides big rides as we never usually do anything else there but that. And yes I understand it might not be possible with how she could be feeling and we both understand this idea might not be the smartest. Just wanted to get some ideas and feedback. Sorry if I bothered anyone.

You didn't bother me. I just don't want you setting yourself up for heartbreak. I was actually able to announce my 4th pregnancy on my trip because it hit right in that sweet spot, but we didn't plan our trip around it. I'm sorry if my reply came across curt or irritated

Plenty to do at the parks while pregnant. Don't plan anything until you know if/when she's pregnant and when you want to announce (usually 2nd trimester).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter