Pregnant at Disney

I went to all 4 parks in July of 2018 at 18 weeks pregnant. I stayed hydrated and packed snacks. Waited in the shade during rides I couldnt do. Enjoyed plenty of churros. My pregnancy was easy though. I'm a fairly fit texas girl, so the heat and days on my feet weren't too bad on me. Definitely base it on your wifes body but theres plenty of rides she can do, shows, character meeting, tasty treats, etc. I had plenty of fun.

One more symptom I wanted to mention is fatigue. I have relatively easy pregnancies and no morning sickness whatsoever, but the first trimester I'm dead tired and could easily sleep 14 hours a day. There's no way I'd be able to keep up with all the walking Disney requires.

I wouldn't necessarily put off the trip if that's what you want to do, but hold your plans loosely and agree beforehand that you'll stay flexible depending on what your wife needs in the moment.

One more symptom I wanted to mention is fatigue. I have relatively easy pregnancies and no morning sickness whatsoever, but the first trimester I'm dead tired and could easily sleep 14 hours a day. There's no way I'd be able to keep up with all the walking Disney requires.

I wouldn't necessarily put off the trip if that's what you want to do, but hold your plans loosely and agree beforehand that you'll stay flexible depending on what your wife needs in the moment.
Yeah thats what I am worried about, but my wife sleeps 14 hours on the weekend even with out being pregnant lol. Whole point of the trip would be to announce it so if shes not up to it we will just have to go when the baby is born which is even better haha.

just make sure you book room only and wait to book tickets to the last minute so you don’t get stuck with package change fees. Early pregnancy...so much can change week to week.

Hi all, so I am going to be in Disney from this year and was wondering how it would be for my wife who will potentially be pregnant when we are here. Has anyone gone to Disney pregnant and what should we expect? I feel like the MK is going to be the only park worth going because all the other seem pointless for us since she won't be able to ride anything. Any tips for what we could do?

Without knowing what her pregnancy will be like, I think this is a bad idea. Some women are so sick they wouldn’t be able to leave the room and travel would be miserable.

You could always play it by ear and if she's miserable early on, do like a gender reveal in the later part of the 2nd trimester.

You could always play it by ear and if she's miserable early on, do like a gender reveal in the later part of the 2nd trimester.
thats also a great option actually. I do like how Disney lets you purchase a photographer for about 30 minutes to take pictures too.

Just a heads-up for you that September is still pretty hot at WDW. We were down there last year the second week in Sept and it was in the 90's and really humid. Also keep in mind that is prime hurricane season.

I found out I was pregnant at WDW I couldn't figure out why I was getting nauseus on rockin roller coaster and expedition Everest. Surprise! My baby is 8 now and loves the thrill rides that he didn't ley me enjoy pregnant. Still had an awesome time.

I would have hated to be at Disney during my first trimester. I needed to have certain types of snacks and those changed every day. I needed the comforts of home. Being in a hot crowded place away from my own kitchen would have been terrible. What if you wait and see how she’s feeling, then plan a trip during the second trimester and announce the baby’s sex instead?

You're getting the cart in front of the horse here, by quite a bit.

I mean, it really sounds like this is your first kid, right? So you have NO CLUE how your wife's body will react to bring pregnant. You also don't really know if you'll be able to get pregnant immediately.
+1! We went to Disney when I was (I think?) around 16 weeks pregnant, and I was lucky to not have any issues with symptoms or anything like that, but it took us 6 months to conceive.

If this trip is 100% about announcing a pregnancy, I definitely wouldn't make any hard plans until you get a positive pregnancy test + have your first prenatal checkup.

Just a heads-up for you that September is still pretty hot at WDW. We were down there last year the second week in Sept and it was in the 90's and really humid. Also keep in mind that is prime hurricane season.
Yes! We went in September 2017 and actually ended up pushing our originally booked dates due to Irma. When we went a couple of weeks later, we were out of the woods hurricane-wise but OH MAN it was so hot!

I did Disney pregnant in 2015! I found it just as fun as ever- with a bit more focus on eating than usual (desserts, desserts, desserts). My doctor and I went over the list of attractions I had questions on for if I could do them and I found there wasn't much I would miss. It was wonderful!

I did Disney pregnant in 2015! I found it just as fun as ever- with a bit more focus on eating than usual (desserts, desserts, desserts). My doctor and I went over the list of attractions I had questions on for if I could do them and I found there wasn't much I would miss. It was wonderful!

Yeah we just saw the official party dates so we are excited one falls on our date! Since we are only doing 1 day at the park, this will be a perfect way to get another day in plus enjoy the Halloween festivities! Might even do the dessert party as my wife loves them haha, could only imagine being pregnant making it 100x more craving them for her!

We went with a toddler and my wife was pregnant. We were forced to take it slow and ended up with lots of pool time at the resort.

There was a time where it would have driven me crazy to “waste” our time and money by not extracting every available speck of entertainment. So that trip was a revelation that you didn’t have to run yourself ragged to have fun at Disney. We have so many good memories from the trip.

Just take it easy, do as much or as little as you feel like and enjoy your time together.

If you want to incorporate Disney into the pregnancy then I would work more around doing a gender reveal which is in the second trimester. she is more likely but not for sure going to feel better than in her first. again not for certain but just in general. honestly I wouldn’t do it or would go but not tie anything in with the pregnancy.

I’ll just warn you that the first trimester is usually when most women feel the worst. I would have hated being at Disney during mine. I had serious food aversions, dizzy spells on the train/bus, and was constantly tired no matter how much I slept. After about 10 weeks, it was a breeze and I was at Disney at 7.5 months and had a blast. I would just never personally plan on any trips if I knew I would be in the first trimester, Disney would especially seem like a huge waste of money.

My cousin and his wife actually cut short a trip they had to one of the islands because her morning sickness was so bad. You never know how you’re wife is going to handle anything.

Last edited:
Yeah we just saw the official party dates so we are excited one falls on our date! Since we are only doing 1 day at the park, this will be a perfect way to get another day in plus enjoy the Halloween festivities! Might even do the dessert party as my wife loves them haha, could only imagine being pregnant making it 100x more craving them for her!

The first trimester of pregnancy can make you hate any and all food and any and all smells, I would definitely not book any dessert parties in advance if you do decide to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter