Pregnant Prime Minister

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...nister-jacinda-ardern-announces-shes-pregnant

The new Prime Minister of NZ has announced she is pregnant.
She came into government in October, and is due in June.

So what do you think?
Personally I don’t think being a Prime Minister or President is a normal job and has different expectations as a result.
What do you mean, what do we think? I don't understand what your confused about. So a leader is pregnant, so what? What's your issue?

Well that is it, she's pregnant and she's going to have a baby. Now she won't be capable of doing anything except pregnant women stuff and mommy things.
Someone send that woman a crochet hook and some wool, stat!

I am just joking of course. Though I do love to crochet and it is a surprisingly expensive habit

Logistically, that could get interesting. Will there be someone else technically in charge at certain stages like during labor and possibly during recovery? As I am not from NZ, I have no idea how they handle such things.

I do think it would be easier to oversee a country while parenting older vs. younger/newborn children, but I am sure she and her husband will have more help than the average new parent.

Logistically, that could get interesting. Will there be someone else technically in charge at certain stages like during labor and possibly during recovery? As I am not from NZ, I have no idea how they handle such things.

I do think it would be easier to oversee a country while parenting older vs. younger/newborn children, but I am sure she and her husband will have more help than the average new parent.
According to the article, the Deputy Prime Minister will be acting Prime Minister for 6 weeks.

According to the article, the Deputy Prime Minister will be acting Prime Minister for 6 weeks.

It didn’t seem to address the possibility of him stepping in before the baby comes, if needed, but I’m sure it’s understood he might need to (due to medical necessity).

The deputy. A very unpopular politician.

Congratulations? So do you think a male leader should follow the same expectations you are referring to?

Men don’t carry children-there is no risk of them being put on bed rest or having other complications that affect their ability to fulfill their role.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...nister-jacinda-ardern-announces-shes-pregnant

The new Prime Minister of NZ has announced she is pregnant.
She came into government in October, and is due in June.

So what do you think?
Personally I don’t think being a Prime Minister or President is a normal job and has different expectations as a result.

I don’t live in NZ, but she’s got my support. I hope she shows the world how tough we women really are. Pregnant or not pregnant, there’s no reason to think she can’t do the job and do it well.

What do I think? I think it is dismaying that there are still people in this day and age who feel that her pregnancy is in any way a problem.

I want to say the possiblity was brought up during the campaign as a reason not to vote for her too (I want to say the OP of this thread might have posted something about it---I doubt it would have been on my radar otherwise, quite honestly).

No our elections are in September, yesterday she overthrew the leader of her party, the currect oppostion party.

In the US it is usual for Presidentail Canidates to make a health check public is it not? The purpose of this would be to prove they are healthy enough to fulfill their term. Would you be happy if you elected a President/Prime Minister and they took off 1 year for maternity leave?

Yep--it was brought up by OP before the election.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter