͏

You can use your bands to open your door if staying on Disney property but if you plan on using fast passes etc you will need the MDE app. There is no problem using both. Just make sure you have a data plan that can cover it if the Disney WiFi is patchy. Download MDE and you can pick your bands in there and they will appear in the app.

Thanks! We are staying on property so we thought the bands would be nice for the kids since they probably won’t use the app. My hubby and I have downloaded the app, so I’ll go check out the bands.

You can use your bands to open your door if staying on Disney property but if you plan on using fast passes etc you will need the MDE app. There is no problem using both. Just make sure you have a data plan that can cover it if the Disney WiFi is patchy. Download MDE and you can pick your bands in there and they will appear in the app.

Do you not use the Magic Bands for payments, photo pass, and for scanning into the parks anymore? I thought even with FP+ gone (at least for now) there were other things to use them for besides just scanning into the room.

Do you not use the Magic Bands for payments, photo pass, and for scanning into the parks anymore? I thought even with FP+ gone (at least for now) there were other things to use them for besides just scanning into the room.
I use it for getting my photo pass, I use it for my room, and for payment and credits when I'm on the free dining. They are going to have problems with people who don't have smart phones. My dad doesn't even have a cell phone.

Thanks! We are staying on property so we thought the bands would be nice for the kids since they probably won’t use the app. My hubby and I have downloaded the app, so I’ll go check out the bands.
Yes thats why I said fast pass etc.

Dumb question, never stayed on property since local, but have a stay in late Sept. Would I be able to use my own MBs that I already have for door entry? Or would it only be if I ordered one with the resort?

I'm thinking of buying one anyway, but just in case I don't

I've never seen the "Rainbow Mickey Castle" :(

Just stupid Happily Ever After. Ugh.

Anyone know of the correct email for a complaint about magic bands? Wondering if it is a UK email or usa email I will have to contact?

I've had another response and they say contact shop disney? How are they going to have access to mde to see i have the wrong band in my account & been charged for a complimentary one?!

sorry to hear it's not sorted yet ☹; typically all your Disney accounts are linked in the background so hopefully the shopDisney folks have access to your My Disney Experience to see the problem

for the daily updates ...
no change 11 Aug 2020​
OK. Thanks, will give them a go. I'm hoping to at least pick something else if the fantasmic one had gone.

Fuming. Shop Disney replied saying the fantasmic band is out. Will be refunded. Why didn't we get an email a week ago saying part of the order hasn't gone through? They were quick enough to take for it. The grey band is not what I asked for. I should of been asked & they not assume I would be happy with that If I hadn't of noticed we would still of been charged $20 for a complimentary band. Disney really need to pull up their socks with the customer service of late. All I have had is mess ups from their side and fob offed excuses.

sorry to hear about your disappointing experience, it's frustrating to have paid for something (with evidence even!) and them not take care of you; one thing I just realized, the whole customer service team may have been swamped by the annual pass cancellations (11 Aug was the last day to cancel because of COVID-19) so it might explain why you weren't getting great support (cast members focused mostly on annual passes)

if you're not happy with where you landed, you might try calling again as the annual pass issue is behind everyone so cast members may be under less stress and just generally more available; sorry again for your trouble, I hope it works out!

for the daily updates ...
no change 13 Aug 2020​
Hopefully will get a better reply soon. Disney definitely need to hire more people and separate the departments. I'll end up buying one off ebay at some point. I really don't see them resolving the situation tbh.

Anyone know if the 2019 boxed Halloween one has special sounds/lights? Same for the 2019 chip and Dale epcot one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter