Present for travel agent?

NYCANC

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever gotten their Disney travel agent a present?

My agent has been amazing- booking ADR's, FP's, making the daily schedule as well as our touring plans for our week vacation. Tons of emails, texts and phone calls over 10 months or so.

Besides her commission from Disney- does anyone ever get their agents a gift?

Thanks!

We have a great travel agent that has booked 6 or 7 Disney trips for us over the years. She has even given us her personal cell phone number so we can reach her quickly, which came in handy when CSR became available for the free dining dates that we wanted for this November. We feel that she goes above and beyond to help us. That being said, we have gotten her a gift our last several visits to Disney. We gave her a scarf one year, a wallet the year before that, nothing outrageous but maybe something in the $20 range.

Some people do! Often gift cards, either a Disney one if they travel themselves to WDW, a local restaurant gift card, or a coffee card for either Starbucks or Dunkin's. Sometimes a Disney trinket purchased on the trip, esp. if she has favorite character and is a Disney person too. There is always a nice Disney frame with a pic of your family enjoying their trip that is sure to be displayed, doesn't have to be anything fancy.

It's not common, but some people do give a token gift and it's sure to be appreciated as a personal touch. Their commission is paid to the agency, not the actual agent, so they either get just a part of the commission or are just on normal payroll wages with maybe a small bonus for meeting booking goals. It's not a very high paying career, and those agents that take the time to make your vacation magical do it because they love to!

Some people do! Often gift cards, either a Disney one if they travel themselves to WDW, a local restaurant gift card, or a coffee card for either Starbucks or Dunkin's. Sometimes a Disney trinket purchased on the trip, esp. if she has favorite character and is a Disney person too. There is always a nice Disney frame with a pic of your family enjoying their trip that is sure to be displayed, doesn't have to be anything fancy.

It's not common, but some people do give a token gift and it's sure to be appreciated as a personal touch. Their commission is paid to the agency, not the actual agent, so they either get just a part of the commission or are just on normal payroll wages with maybe a small bonus for meeting booking goals. It's not a very high paying career, and those agents that take the time to make your vacation magical do it because they love to!

My agent works for herself- so I believe she gets the whole commission?
Thanks for the ideas!

I always send my Disney travel agent a present. This year, I sent her some Cheryl's cookies. In years past, I have given her Godiva chocolate, a book about the White House, a framed photo of her and her husband, and a cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter