Price change before release to general pop

Coss

Earning My Ears
Just curious, how much does price change before it is released to the general population? For Platinum, Gold and Silver?

Just curious, how much does price change before it is released to the general population? For Platinum, Gold and Silver?

There are sites where you can see the pricing structure for individual cruises. Increases and rate of increase vary depending upon individual cruise popularity. One site I use is cruise fish.

It would depend on how many reservations are made on one specific sailing. Prices increase as space onboard any given cruise fills up.

There's no "set in concrete" number that the increases are.

This. Some (like the Iceland/Norway one) go up immediately - I think that one went up even during the day Platinum booking started. Others stay the same for a while.

It varies. Some may not increase at all, some maybe $50 per passenger, some $100, some more. There are so many variables involved to give a specific answer - date, itinerary, stateroom category, etc. But not all cruises increase in price before release to the general public.

Enjoy your cruise!

This. Some (like the Iceland/Norway one) go up immediately - I think that one went up even during the day Platinum booking started. Others stay the same for a while.

The cast member told us on the phone that is was not worth holding all morning, call at noon the price stays the same all day. This was Platinum day expect it is that was each day only because it would be too difficult to tell all the operators when a price change is occuring and what to do with that TA on the phone who is getting prices for their dozen customers, holding up the phones so none of the rest of us could get through.

The cast member told us on the phone that is was not worth holding all morning, call at noon the price stays the same all day. This was Platinum day expect it is that was each day only because it would be too difficult to tell all the operators when a price change is occuring and what to do with that TA on the phone who is getting prices for their dozen customers, holding up the phones so none of the rest of us could get through.

And we all know that the phone agents ALWAYS tell the truth. :P

Trust me...if a cruise is selling fast, they WILL find a way to raise the price. And travel agents know to put a hold on something immediately because that locks in the rate - holds can always be cancelled.

A couple of years ago before I knew prices changed so fast I called in the morning and got a price I would have been happy with but I waited because we were going to book with friends. By the time I called back that afternoon it had doubled in price. Needless to say I didn’t end up going. This was for a busy week

I just want to know if it is worth sitting in line for hours waiting for it, thats all.

What time of year and itinerary type are you interested in? An off season Caribbean cruise with the typical itinerary - probably not. A summer Med cruise with new ports - probably yes.

There was an instance relayed on the most recent opening day price thread where someone called and priced one cruise, didn't put a hold on it, asked the CM to check a price on another date, and then decided to go with the first sailing priced. In the amount of time it took to price that second cruise and the CM to go back and put in the info to pull up the first cruise date, the price had risen hundreds of dollars. This was on either the Platinum or Gold opening day. So no, they don't hold the prices level for the day. They do increase as rooms are booked up. And DCL doesn't need to relay to the CMs when the price is changing. The computer system prices the cruise each time they enter the info. It's not like they are quoting prices from a book.

I just want to know if it is worth sitting in line for hours waiting for it, thats all.

You just won't know whether it was a waste of time to hold, until it is too late and the price has increased. For me (who tried to get past the busy signal for 3 hours and then waited on hold another 3 hours), I would rather wait on hold and get the best price possible, then wait and have to pay more. FOMO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts