Price of 10-day DLR passes have increased approx 27%

SteveNZ

Mouseketeer
We had some 10-day DLR passes held with a deposit through a travel agent which were priced at just under NZ$2700 (3x adult, 1x child) for a trip we have planned for September. The travel agent contacted us on Wednesday to say the prices were about to go up and that to secure the quoted price we’d have to pay now. We are a little nervous about the Coronavirus situation and the tickets are non refundable once purchased so we decided to forfeit.

I just checked today on Expedia to see what the price has gone up to, expecting a smallish rise and it’s looking like it’s now NZ$3439!! I am blown away, that’s a 27% increase!

Before, the difference between 5 and 10 day was so small it was a no-brainer. It’s now a much bigger difference which is bumming me out.

In 2016 the same tickets were under NZ$2000.

Prices went up a lot and I believe the dollar dropped too.

It’s just an obscene amount of money now. I used to tell people it was expensive but worth every penny, but now I’m not so sure.
What will prices be like in another 10 years? At this rate I doubt my kids will ever get to take their own families.

Not DLR but for our last Disney trip we did AK (our favorite) and HS (For Galaxy's Edge) one day each, then the Halloween and Christmas parties at MK two evenings because our trip overlapped both parties which was worth it. Multi-day WDW tickets are just super super expensive, I can only afford Universal ones where we got annual passes because we were doing two trips in 12 months. I find the additional cost of plane tickets to MCO rather than LAX opens up a lot more entertainment and is worth it for us, but that just depends on you of course. If you buy Jan-Feb during Qantas global sales we just got BNE to MCO return at around $1250 each and that was with QF+AA and very good connection times.

Steve, they have gone up a lot in the last 3-4 years. But I think you can do better if you shop around. Highfields Travel and Cruise in QLD have them for $752/$719 (about NZD $3100). If they won’t ship outside Australia, try someone like Expedia, Qantas or Air NZ.

Or just get 5 day passes from someone like Underdercover Tourist, aRes Travel or Last Minute Travel Club (you need to phone LMTC but they are usually the cheapest although they are out of tickets at the moment).

Just an update, my travel agent contacted me today with their new price and I’m thrilled that it’s NZ$2904. Also surprised that it’s so much less than the Expedia price when under the old pricing they were nearly identical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!