priceline.com pre-paid phone card?

anna2001

Earning My Ears
Has anyone used the pre-paid phone card from priceline? Their rate is 6.9 which is much
better than anything else I've used previously. But I've heard of some horrid stories
about priceline in the car rental and hotel sector, really don't want to get burned. Any comments
would be most welcomed.
Thanks

I've not used pricelines phone cards, but have used Sam's per paid AT&T cards. 500 minutes for $21.00 and no experation on useage.

Hi anna!

I did not know that Priceline had a calling card. Before you buy it, be sure to read all of the "fine print" and see if there are usage charges - for example a minimim minute charge, or a charge for calling from a pay phone, or if they round your minutes UP to a certain increment. These charges can really boost up the REAL cost of a "minute."
I heartily agree with Snow Shoe, if you can purchase cards at Sam's that they are your best bargain in calling cards. 4.16 cents a minutes, and no other fees EXCEPT that they take 6 exta minutes (about 25 cents) when you use them at a pay phone.
Hope that this helps...

I haven't looked at the terms lately, but the last time I checked, the Priceline phone card (at the price you paid) was good only if you call from pre-registered phone numbers (e.g., your home and/or work) -- which would make it pretty useless for emergencies when you are travelling and/or stranded -- and had a 90 day (or something lame like that) expiration date. If the terms are the same, get phone cards elsewhere. I have purchased my last few sets of phone cards from eBay. There are a few reputable sellers who regularly sell phone cards (check their ratings). I think mine are Sam's Club AT&T cards -- there are no Sam's Clubs near me. I usally end up with some amount of minutes/price that ends up costing me around 5 - 5.5 cents per minute for non-pay phone calls in the U.S. (I take it the seller makes about 1 cent per minute in profit. No big deal. And I buy regularly from one seller who does not charge postage/handling.) Those are generally the cards with larger number of minutes. The fixed rates are so good I use them for long distance calls during the day from home (instead of paying the higher prices charged by my home long distance company).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter