Priceline Express Deals

Btw, the filters on HW are your friends! You can click the Bonnet Creek area on the map and then filter the amenities for airport shuttle. If my attempt at cracking the code was successful then you should only get onsite properties this way because, to my knowledge, there isn't another hotel within the Bonnet Creek area that offers a shuttle at the moment. This could change in the future, though, as could the boundaries of the area.

Ok! I found that one and do see the airport shuttle. The one I see said the last booking was Pop Century I think and they wanted $311 on Hotwire. Wow - not much of a deal... BUT it did come up. So I will keep looking at the shuttle to assist.

Any other tips? Apparently nothing is available for my dates which is odd b/c Disney does have a number of resorts with availability.

My guess is that:
1. they already have a good occupancy rate for your dates; and/or
2. your dates are too far away for them to discount rooms.

Between food & wine and Halloween I think your week is pretty popular. I was looking at availability and pricing for the second half of September two weeks ago and the contrast between late August/early September and mid to late September was shocking.

Just back (well, mid-trip -- I'll be back later this week). The Yacht Club was awesome, though I really took it for granted :upsidedow such an amazing deal if you can get it on HW/PL. Small word of caution that the bed types on HW aren't really guaranteed or correct. I booked a king room at YC through HW, but forgot that those aren't really bookable at deluxes. No big deal, but just fyi.

Just back (well, mid-trip -- I'll be back later this week). The Yacht Club was awesome, though I really took it for granted :upsidedow such an amazing deal if you can get it on HW/PL. Small word of caution that the bed types on HW aren't really guaranteed or correct. I booked a king room at YC through HW, but forgot that those aren't really bookable at deluxes. No big deal, but just fyi.
I've been checking every day in the hopes that I can score YC for my trip. Fingers crossed!!!

I have read through the whole thread and have a few questions? I am looking for April, which I know is to far out, but have been playing around on Hotwire with closer dates just to get a feel for things. My questions are 1. Where do you see if there is a resort fee, which I think would mean it was not a Disney property? 2. If I check Bonnet Creek and resort shuttle, that is most likely a Disney property? 3. Has anyone seen Bonnet Creek and resort shuttle and it has not been a Disney Property? 4. Is there trip insurance that you can buy and cancel if you need to? Please correct me if I am wrong in any of my thinking. I just found this thread and want to make sure I understand everything correctly. Thanks for the help!

1. Where do you see if there is a resort fee, which I think would mean it was not a Disney property?

When you click on a property and look at the listing, under the red "book now" button (on HW), there will be the resort fee listed in fine grey print. It'll be on the next page too, when you review your cart before confirming purchase, listed under something like "mandatory fees" collected by the hotel.

2. If I check Bonnet Creek and resort shuttle, that is most likely a Disney property?

Yep! Combined w things like free wifi, free parking, that pretty much spells on-site property.

3. Has anyone seen Bonnet Creek and resort shuttle and it has not been a Disney Property?

Not yet -- I'm not sure any of the properties in the area besides Disney offer a *free* resort shuttle. I suppose this could happen, but most of the hotels (like Swan/Dolphin) are just going to point you to Mears for a paid shuttle service. But, so far, I have not seen as such.

4. Is there trip insurance that you can buy and cancel if you need to?

I think so. You can see this on the same page where you review your selection and look over the cart, enter credit card info, etc. Where you'll see total charges etc. HOWEVER, the trip insurance needs to be read carefully, as I'm pretty sure "I don't like the hotel I booked" is not an eligible reason. I think the cheap trip insurance might just cover extreme illness/sudden emergencies of that nature, but anyway, do read it.

--------------------

wanted to say, separately of this, that I have noticed the prices go up and stay up for a lot of the properties with the exception of Pop. Haven't seen POFQ for last minute trips and getaways at the coveted $98 for a while -- I see it hovering around $140-170/nt. Same w CSR; it was usually around ~$90-98 but now looks like the lowest is $114-117.

this makes sense with all of the steep summer discounts publicly offered on Disney's sites -- looks like it was indeed pretty slow this summer. compare that to the less aggressive public discounts and less resort availability going into the fall season.

as well, the AP discounts are pretty comparable to some of the HW prices once you account for the inflated taxes/fees on HW. for a trip next week, the AP rate amounted to like $13 more (total) booking direct over HW, which I gladly took over the hassle of getting my res conf # linked to MDX.

TLDR: prices are changing, all the time! have a backup reservation at a price you can stomach!

I've been checking religiously on hotwire for our pre-cruise stay in October. I don't really expect a score any great deals since occupancy is so high anyway. I was able to get French quarter for 82 a night in early August. I would love to see Yacht club for my dates in October. It has actually come up as available, however the pricing has been all over the place, and usually it's more than booking direct. So I have a discounted room booked through Disney that I can cancel up until five days out. That's my plan A and if I happen to snatch something on hotwire last minute I'll cancel that one. Fingers crossed for everyone watching and waiting.

I have a few questions I couldn't find definitive answers to on the thread, if somebody wouldnt mind answering!

1. Are the current Hotwire ratings 3* for value, 3.5* for mods, and 4-4.5* deluxe?

2. I think I saw that the way to identify CSR on Hotwire is the business center amenity. Is that correct?

3. Are there any other amenities that identify a particular resort?

Thanks!

I have a few questions I couldn't find definitive answers to on the thread, if somebody wouldnt mind answering!

1. Are the current Hotwire ratings 3* for value, 3.5* for mods, and 4-4.5* deluxe?

2. I think I saw that the way to identify CSR on Hotwire is the business center amenity. Is that correct?

3. Are there any other amenities that identify a particular resort?

Thanks!

1. Yes
2. Think so.
3. Pofq said there was a gym when I booked it. Also it usually tells me on the screen what the last person got.

I am having no luck for my oct dates, even our 1 night post cruise stay.

Hi! I have a question, what's the best time to start looking for deals at priceline or hotwire? I'm travelling in January, should I start looking now or will I get better deals closer to the date?
Also, we need two rooms, would that make it harder to get one of the wdw hotels or is it the sams?
Thank you!

Hi! I have a question, what's the best time to start looking for deals at priceline or hotwire? I'm travelling in January, should I start looking now or will I get better deals closer to the date?
Also, we need two rooms, would that make it harder to get one of the wdw hotels or is it the sams?
Thank you!

The closer to the travel dates the better the odds but also depends on how full the resorts are. Igor great deals for early aug but as having no luck for oct, so it varies. It would be hard to be sure you could get 2 rooms. You can see one avail but have no way of knowing if a second will be avail until you book the first, that I am aware of. I don't know that I would try it for 2 rooms unless u are ok with booking one on Hotwire and possibly having to do the second thru disney etc.

If I book it only allows me to enter up to 4 people. We have 5 (2 Adults, 3 Kids.) Would this be a problem upon check in?

If I book it only allows me to enter up to 4 people. We have 5 (2 Adults, 3 Kids.) Would this be a problem upon check in?
Yes. You have 5 people and the room's maximum occupancy is 4 (plus a child under the age of 3).

Depends what resort u are booking. Some hold 5. Ifnypu book one of those u can call the wdw wholesale number and add the 5th person.

Depends what resort u are booking. Some hold 5. Ifnypu book one of those u can call the wdw wholesale number and add the 5th person.

With Orbitz, if you indicate number of people, they consider them all adults and will charge the extra adult fees above 2. I'm not sure if this is the case with Priceline. If so, you can call wdw wholesale and add the extra children free of charge, but up to the occupancy max.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter