priceline???????????

skip

Mouseketeer
i want to try priceline for a short 2 night stay in febuary but the only problem i have is it will be myself,wife,and 4,7 year olds so we would need 2 double beds not 1 king or queen bed.
i had heard that you take what they give you after you win your bid?
when i find out what hotel i got can i fax them about getting 2 beds instead of 1?
thanks alot.

I have used Priceline for hotels quite a few times. I have phoned the hotel directly to request a room with 2 beds. There shouldn't be any problems getting that room type in Orlando.

Hi;

how soon, after your bid has been acepted can you call the hotel to confirm???

thanks
tracycd

I would call the next day - to give the hotel the chance to get the information from Priceline.

We had no problem at Courtyard by Marriot at Little Lake Bryan getting two queen beds. This was after an original request of 1 King. The central res. office gave me a problem at first but I called the hotel directly and they changed the request with no problem. They were very nice and asked if there was anything else they could do for us. Very nice experience and I would use Priceline again. Who can pass up 5 nights for $125.00. They also didn't chage us the resort fee.:D This was supposed to be $7.50/night.

Yeah Priceline!!

If you are considering bidding on priceline I would really consider going to bidding for travel website and read up on the hotel FAQ. You would be surprise how much there is to learn and when you do how much you can save!!!

I love price line. Off the record, you "shouldn't" have any problem with 2 beds in the Orlando area- especially if you stick to 3* or less. The only hotel I have heard there was a problem with getting 2 beds was a Resort level hotel (the HiltonDowntown Disney) If you stay away from Resort level you shouldn't have a problem.

We just got back from Disney area new years and used two different PL ressies. Wyndam, and MOWC. Both places I called ahead of time and asked for a double. No Problem. This is my 5th time with PL. We have two teens + us. Once my offer is accepted I call the toll free # and request. Then at checkin requested again, we even asked for a fireworks view and got it both times.

Do use the Bidding for Travel website, it is a huge help. Just a word of advice though, before posting any questions, read, and then re-read the FAQ regarding bidding. Possibly read it a third time. Sheryl gets very upset if you would happen to ask a question that is already answered in the FAQ. Gotta follow procedure. Kinda reminds me of the "soup nazi".

I am a moderator over at www.biddingfortravel.com. I always recommend that people print out the Hotels FAQ and read it. It can be quite a bit to plow through online since it's so chocked full of information. One of the reasons we suggest that people read and understand the FAQ before posting for help is because we volunteers would otherwise spend a lot of our time answering the same question again and again. It's much easier to give advise when folks provide accurate and complete information. I really get a kick out of helping someone get the best possible price for a hotel room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter