PrimeTime Cafe' - 8/13/06

GrandFloridian4

Cruising is MAGICal & WONDERful
I am so happy to be giving a totally positive report. Our experience at PTC yesterday was entirely great. :thumbsup2

I called in the morning & made PS res. for 2:40 p.m., but as we were running early, I called from the car & asked if the 2:20 seating was still available - it was, & they request that you arrive 15 min. early. It was the 3rd time I had changed our seating time, since our plans had changed that many times. We arrived even earlier, at 1:50 p.m., & was very warmly greated by a gentleman, who I believe may have been the manager. We (DH, me, DS1, DS2) sat down to enjoy the decor & 50's tv shows in the "living room", expecting to wait about 1/2 hr. Within 2 min. we were called!! Very pleasant surprise.

As soon as we were seated our waitress came over, in full 50's character, & continued in character for the entire meal (except for a brief break to chat when she asked us where we lived & realized we lived in the same town as her.) She really made the meal very enjoyable, teasing the kids (teenagers) & teasing my husband & me throughout the meal. The other servers in the room seemed to be very good also & it was very funny when a baby at a table across the room was whining a lot & one of the waiters yelled very loudly, "HEY!!!" & the baby immediately stopped & looked at him & the waiter smiled really big :teeth: & the baby never whined again. :rotfl:

Everyone of us really enjoyed our meals, also. I had the fried chicken (delicious) with mashed pot. & greens & a strawberry smoothie (yum). DH had a smoked turkey club (very good, he said); DS1 had a Ceasar Salad (very fresh & good) & vanilla milkshake & DS2 had a chicken breast sandwich (one of his favorites & he said it was very good). We also ordered the onion rings, as I told them that people here recommend them. They're right - the onion rings were delicious!

It was a very enjoyable meal & I definitely have to say, in addition to good food, excellent service sure goes a long way in enhancing or reducing a terrific dining experience. :thumbsup2 Never had a bad experience here, but yesterday was one of the best.

Glad to hear a positive review! We are eating there next Monday :cool1: and my 12 yo DS is hoping to get a server that will really "play".

Thanks again! :wave:
JoAnn

Thanks for the review. We will be eating there at the end of the month. The last time my DH and I were in there was on our honeymoon 11 1/2 years ago. We enjoyed it back then so we are hoping for more of the same. :)

Thanks for the review. We are eating there the third night of our trip in September. I can't wait!!

Great review!

We havent had much luck (past 2 trips) with waitstaff in character, we figured third times a charm and this trip they will be!

Can't wait to eat here. Taking 5 kids ages 5,7,9, 11 & 11. They have no idea what goes on in here, hope it is a blast!

I beg to differ. We were there June 29th and I thought the food was pretty bad. The chicken was extremely dry and I refused to touch the greens. One person in our party got the Smores dessert and commented on how small it was when compared to how it used to be. :(

Thanks for the review...this is one that the kids as well as I really want to try!

*NikkiBell* said:
I beg to differ. We were there June 29th and I thought the food was pretty bad. The chicken was extremely dry and I refused to touch the greens. One person in our party got the Smores dessert and commented on how small it was when compared to how it used to be. :(

Sorry your meal was not as good. My chicken definitely wasn't dry - I don't care for it at all when it is that way - & my greens were fresh & delicious.

PrincessPatty --

Once or twice we've been there & didn't have a "lively" server, but we've never had bad service there. Maybe you can request it?

GrandFloridian4 said:
Sorry your meal was not as good. My chicken definitely wasn't dry - I don't care for it at all when it is that way - & my greens were fresh & delicious.

PrincessPatty --

Once or twice we've been there & didn't have a "lively" server, but we've never had bad service there. Maybe you can request it?

Thats what we are going to try to do this time, thanks for the advice!

MY family LOVES this place. It is not a trip to Disney without dinner here. I agree the fried chicken is excellent, so is the meatloaf. As a girl scout leader myself with 2 daughters as scouts.... those SMORES rock!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

My husband fell in love with this place a few years ago when "Mom" told my oldest (8 at the time) to go wash her hands. She actually waited outside the bathroom do for my daughter to come out. Then she asked her if she had used soap when she washed her hands. Of course my daughter said yes (when she really didn't). Mom asked her what color was the soap???? Since she didn't use any she guessed yellow. (I won't give the answer away, but that one was wrong!!!) Mom told her " young Lady you go back in that bathroom and use soap!!!!" She did and when Mom asked her again what color was the soap she had the right answer.:rotfl2:

My husband and I were rolling on the FLOOR!!!! Now when ever we go we always ask the kids what color was the soap. So we know whether or not they washed their hands.:rotfl:

I love seeing good reviews for PTC, as it is one of our favs. My Dsis actually "turned us on" to it, and now when she comes to visit it is always a must do. We have never had bad service, always have had very playful CMs, and we have always enjoyed our meals. Last November we had "Auntie Elaine" - she was the best of the best..... We of course enjoy playing along, so it makes it a very fun experience. We also like picking out all the decor that we either had in our house or in other places we remember (of course my Dsis saw much MORE of the 50s than I, as she is 10 years older!)

DD and I are going to have Thanksgiving dinner at PTC this year.... no family in town, and I don't want to cook!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter