Princess Dresses in the Heat

We will be there at the end of August. I have purchased these dresses from Old Navy. I'm hoping to use my Silhouette Cameo to decorate them to look like the princess dresses. I have a pink one for Aurora, purple for Rapunzel, and yellow for Belle. I just hope that they are "princess" enough for her!

Definitely recommend both Mom Approved Costumes and Etsy. One shop I like from Etsy is called Phillip & Felicity. Her dresses are lightweight but super cute. We wore them all last year and it looks like they will still fit for this year. There are tons of options on Etsy.

Also, I am not sure if you are a part of any buy in groups on Facebook but we got these amazing lightweight princess casual dresses from one for only $14.99 plus ship. She actually sold a ton more including Elsa, Pocahontas, Mulan, Moana, and Anna but that image says I can't repost.
18664423_1629058887112571_8381657368663641934_n.jpg

I used an Etsy shop called PrimaFashions to make an Ariel dress. Her dresses are made on leotards, so they aren't itchy and are cooler! We will also wear a Belle and Tiana dress for meets, but only for a short period of time and then will return to her shorts and t-shirts.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm facing kind of a mom dilemma here. My soon to be 3 yo was Belle for Halloween. I got her costume at the Disney store, she picked it out on her own, and she really seemed to love wearing it. She has a dress that has a bit of a frilly bottom (very lightweight tutu type material with a liner) and Belle on the front of it, that I had been telling her was especially for Disney World. Now she seems to think the Belle costume is coming with us to Disney World too. I honestly have 0 desire to put her in that big poofy dress (both packing, and my fear for her wanting it off immediately). Any suggestions on how to get out of bringing the "itchy" Disney store dress with us, without making me look like the "mean" mom?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm facing kind of a mom dilemma here. My soon to be 3 yo was Belle for Halloween. I got her costume at the Disney store, she picked it out on her own, and she really seemed to love wearing it. She has a dress that has a bit of a frilly bottom (very lightweight tutu type material with a liner) and Belle on the front of it, that I had been telling her was especially for Disney World. Now she seems to think the Belle costume is coming with us to Disney World too. I honestly have 0 desire to put her in that big poofy dress (both packing, and my fear for her wanting it off immediately). Any suggestions on how to get out of bringing the "itchy" Disney store dress with us, without making me look like the "mean" mom?
Don't you love these mom dilemmas?!? I think your best option (to keep everyone happy) is to bring it and have a change of clothes ready for when she gets sick of it. I would suggest putting it in a big ziplock bag to save room in your suitcase. When we went my daughter had a princess dress for every day but they were from Mom Approved Costumes, which are much lighter and more comfortable. I always had a change of clothes ready, but never needed it.

Don't you love these mom dilemmas?!? I think your best option (to keep everyone happy) is to bring it and have a change of clothes ready for when she gets sick of it. I would suggest putting it in a big ziplock bag to save room in your suitcase. When we went my daughter had a princess dress for every day but they were from Mom Approved Costumes, which are much lighter and more comfortable. I always had a change of clothes ready, but never needed it.
The OCD portion of me internally gasped at shoving that dress in a ziplock. My mom owns a steamer and I had her steam the dress before Halloween for "best looks" especially for a 40 dollar costume! ;) Maybe it would fit under her stroller if she doesn't want to wear it very long.

Can you explain what you meant by the part I bolded? Because I'm hearing that you told a 2 y/o "Belle costume" and "Disney World" in the same sentence. Of course she's freaking out because she wants to bring the dress. :P

Ziploc it like the others have stated, plan for it to get chocolate or grease on it somewhere, and think of it like a giant $40 yellow baby wipe, because that's what clothing IS for small people. :) Put it on, take some photos, take it off, forget it exists until she wants to wear it again...

Can you explain what you meant by the part I bolded? Because I'm hearing that you told a 2 y/o "Belle costume" and "Disney World" in the same sentence. Of course she's freaking out because she wants to bring the dress. :P

Ziploc it like the others have stated, plan for it to get chocolate or grease on it somewhere, and think of it like a giant $40 yellow baby wipe, because that's what clothing IS for small people. :) Put it on, take some photos, take it off, forget it exists until she wants to wear it again...
I had a dress that I got at target, blue "tutu" bottom, white top with a picture of Belle on it (she picked it out and called it a Belle Dress!!!). Not a princess dress. That was what I wanted her to take to wear since it's real clothes and she could wear it all day comfortably.
Not exactly the same but pretty close to what she has:https://www.target.com/p/toddler-gi...0065?lnk=rec|slp|search_bought|slp|52490065|6

I had a dress that I got at target, blue "tutu" bottom, white top with a picture of Belle on it (she picked it out and called it a Belle Dress!!!). Not a princess dress. That was what I wanted her to take to wear since it's real clothes and she could wear it all day comfortably.
Not exactly the same but pretty close to what she has:https://www.target.com/p/toddler-gi...0065?lnk=rec|slp|search_bought|slp|52490065|6
Ohhhh I totally understand now! Village Belle versus Ballgown Belle!
Maybe have her pick out the accessories to go with, and help her pack the "special Belle outfit". Make that just as special as the itchy yellow thing.

I don't recall what dress/es Belle wears at the M&G's but maybe you could work a question/comment in about how the different dresses complement each other???

Ohhhh I totally understand now! Village Belle versus Ballgown Belle!
Maybe have her pick out the accessories to go with, and help her pack the "special Belle outfit". Make that just as special as the itchy yellow thing.

I don't recall what dress/es Belle wears at the M&G's but maybe you could work a question/comment in about how the different dresses complement each other???
Good idea!

I bought a dark pink little knit dress with short sleeves and smocking from WM for $5 because I thought a real princess dress would be hot and scratchy. Then I purchased a handmade necklace and bracelet from a lady in our area. These were kind of oversized white beads with hot pink flowers and ribbons on them. I bought her a little crown, it was just plastic at the dollar store. When we ate at the castle Cinderella made a big fuss over jewelry. It was simple but she looked sweet and was comfy too. The picture they took is of Cinderella telling her how much she liked her jewelry.

I bought a dark pink little knit dress with short sleeves and smocking from WM for $5 because I thought a real princess dress would be hot and scratchy. Then I purchased a handmade necklace and bracelet from a lady in our area. These were kind of oversized white beads with hot pink flowers and ribbons on them. I bought her a little crown, it was just plastic at the dollar store. When we ate at the castle Cinderella made a big fuss over jewelry. It was simple but she looked sweet and was comfy too. The picture they took is of Cinderella telling her how much she liked her jewelry.

Awwww sweet! Totally proof that Cinderella and Friends (as well as the other Friends of Princesses) are also desperately looking for a conversation starter at a M&G! ;)

IMG_3170.JPG Y'all need to check out https://www.littledressupshop.com/

Little Adventures dresses are wonderful for Disney- machine washable, no itching, one layer. They were created by Moms, and Little Dress Up shop does free shipping. We are Florida residents, and our three girls chose to wear those Little Adventures dresses most times we went to the park during our 2 years of annual passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!