Princess Half Marathon Weekend DVC Rental

ownedby3labs

Earning My Ears
Hi , We are registered for the challenge on Princess Half Weekend. I have never stayed onsite before but would like to this time. It may be late for DVC rentals , but I am curious where the best place to stay would be?
Thanks for your help !

All DVC villas will have transportation to the expo and the races.

If you want to stay on the monorail line, know that the last couple years the monorail has only been functioning for the Half (and going back from the 10K if you're not fast), so it's not very useful for the other races.

I've stay at Bay Lake for both Princesses I've participated in, and stayed at SSR for one of the races January marathon weekend. Both were fine.

Last edited:
Hi , We are registered for the challenge on Princess Half Weekend. I have never stayed onsite before but would like to this time. It may be late for DVC rentals , but I am curious where the best place to stay would be?
Thanks for your help !
We stayed at Old Key West and it was very close to the starting line, very short bus ride, which was convenient. We wanted Beach club but no rooms were available. Bonus is that OKW is older and the rooms are a little larger.

We recently checked with a DVC rental site to compare rates with our Beach Club room rate. I can tell you, at least when I checked in late May, there were no EPCOT resort or Bay Lake studio villas available. Copper Creek @ Wilderness, Poly, SSR, OKW, and Jambo/Kidani...all available as of 2 days ago.

For race weekends - Beach Club, Boardwalk, Grand Floridian and BLT book VERY quickly ... usually within the first day or two of availability.

Poly is also hard to book because not a lot of people own there, and if they do they aren't renting of yet.

I'd book somewhere you'd be happy staying and then ask your provider to waitlist you, as renters most certainly back out before 60 days.

Personally, I don't use a service as I have a person I've rented from before and *fingers crossed* won't have to rent again as I've put in an offer on resale.

I think other people have used the same guy I've rented points with ... maybe @courtneybeth for Marathon Weekend most recently?

Anyway, if you want to PM me, I'd be glad to pass along his info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!