Princess Weekend 2020

I know it’s about too late to ask, but anybody have a super sensitive stomach to gels? I’ve also tried sports beans and those aren’t much better. Trying to find something to refuel with that isn’t going to kill my stomach. Any suggestions?

Oof, it’s definitely late in the game to be figuring this out.

Some people can use the waffles.

I can’t do gels, but I like clif shot bloks.

Is this for the half?

I have a friend who is running her first Princess. Her family is staying at the Contemporary. They were planning to use the Contemporary to MK walkway to get to MK to cheer. Someone told her that the walkway is closed during the race and they would need to monorail. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

I could be wrong, but don’t we kind of run through that pathway area? So I’d probably believe that you can’t walk.

Ok so I did marathon weekend last year and I remember it being so cold while waiting for the start. (i ended up spending $80 on a diet I was so cold) I was considering buying a sweatsuit to toss at the start. So they donate these?

Yes they donate them.

I have a friend who buys inexpensive but brand new sweatshirt and pants, leaves the tags on, and just before the start of a race takes them off and neatly folds them and puts them to the side so they can be collected. I think it’s lovely.

I have a feeling it won’t be that cold though. My Florida cousin says to prepare for rain, though.

I was supposed to run my final 4 miles today before the half next weekend and instead I was up at 3 in the morning with a kidney stone. After 4 hours, 3 Advil, and 2 Percocet, I was finally able to fall asleep without pain. Hoping that my kidneys cooperate the next two weeks.

I was supposed to run my final 4 miles today before the half next weekend and instead I was up at 3 in the morning with a kidney stone. After 4 hours, 3 Advil, and 2 Percocet, I was finally able to fall asleep without pain. Hoping that my kidneys cooperate the next two weeks.

Yikes. Kidney stones are no fun. I hope you can pass it soon and your pain level isn't too bad for race weekend!

Oof, it’s definitely late in the game to be figuring this out.

Some people can use the waffles.

I can’t do gels, but I like clif shot bloks.

Is this for the half?

I'm doing both the 10K and the half. I only use gels or anything on longer runs, which I don't do all that often. I tried the sports beans on my last two long runs, and my stomach hurt all day after. Went back to the gel yesterday on my 6 mile run, same effect. So I know it's late, but I figure it can't hurt to try something else at this point and hope for the best. If I use the gel or beans, I know what the result will be. I saw the waffles at Target, I'm going to grab a few and give it shot. I also read about the Clif shot bloks, those seem to get good reviews as well. Also, they seem to be affecting me worse this year than last, again, I know it's late in the game.

Kidney stones are the worst! I'm so sorry. I hope it passes soon and you get some relief.

Ok so I did marathon weekend last year and I remember it being so cold while waiting for the start. (i ended up spending $80 on a diet I was so cold) I was considering buying a sweatsuit to toss at the start. So they donate these?
Yes, any clothing left behind will be donated.

I have a friend who is running her first Princess. Her family is staying at the Contemporary. They were planning to use the Contemporary to MK walkway to get to MK to cheer. Someone told her that the walkway is closed during the race and they would need to monorail. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Unless they somehow change the front of park course logistics this year (not likely in my opinion), the walkway isn’t open until the course is cleared. CR guests need to take the Resort Monorail around the get into MK.

I know it’s about too late to ask, but anybody have a super sensitive stomach to gels? I’ve also tried sports beans and those aren’t much better. Trying to find something to refuel with that isn’t going to kill my stomach. Any suggestions?

Maybe try to Go- Squeeze apple sauce? I use it in addition to sports beans, but by mile 7 or so, I need something different and the apple sauce really hits the spot. For my first half, I had a friend waiting for me on Main Street and she gave the packet, but they are also very easy to carry (if not a bit bulky). If you need more and/or can't carry more than a packet or two, you could probably fill a wide mouth water bottle with so and then just throw it away when you are done.

So I know we're all anxiously awaiting the merch /clothing reveal. Are the shirts usually Short-Sleeve or long? Is there a trend?

I know it’s about too late to ask, but anybody have a super sensitive stomach to gels?
Since everyone is different, advice is almost impossible to give. That said, for the 10K, I'm nor sure you need anything special. Just take a half cup of poweraid (or whatever they are using) and a half cup of water at each stop. For the half. try the stroop waffles and water. For the marathon this year I alternated between GU and uncrustables peanut butter and jelly. I like a bit of real food; you may not.

Also, remember......nothing new on race day!!

I also read about the Clif shot bloks,

Just don’t get the cherry ones; they are caffeinated. I didn’t realize that and thought I was going to jump out of my skin using them at an event.

I use margarita flavor 3x salt.

And remember to drink water with any of those electrolyte replacement items. Water is vital for them.

Maybe try to Go- Squeeze apple sauce? I use it in addition to sports beans, but by mile 7 or so, I need something different and the apple sauce really hits the spot. For my first half, I had a friend waiting for me on Main Street and she gave the packet, but they are also very easy to carry (if not a bit bulky). If you need more and/or can't carry more than a packet or two, you could probably fill a wide mouth water bottle with so and then just throw it away when you are done.

Intriguing.

Squeezable fruit is literally my least favorite food invention EVER, but I can see how something different like that would be nice. Easier than carrying around a jar of applesauce lol.

I can only speak for races since 2014, but I've always gotten short sleeved shirts.

Agreed.

Princess is short sleeved after January’s long sleeved.

Me personally, I’d like a tank top.

Today is going SOOOO SLLLOOOWWW - and I have quadruple checked the weather hoping it would get a little warmer for Friday. It's such a major drop from Thursday.

Yes...yes it is. Although I could use an extra couple of hours in the day somewhere so I can get through more of my to do list - I love my Princess trip but all the prep work for planning for two days of a sub in my classroom (on top of all my trip/costume planning) always drives me insane this week :laughing:

Just don’t get the cherry ones; they are caffeinated. I didn’t realize that and thought I was going to jump out of my skin using them at an event.

There are other caffeinated flavors as well - tropical punch has caffeine. I tend to avoid the caffeinated ones because they can have "fun" (may not contain any actual fun) interactions with my ADHD meds.

This is part of why I go with the Gu gels - they have more interesting flavors among their decaf ones.

Princess is short sleeved after January’s long sleeved.

Me personally, I’d like a tank top.

Is Marathon Weekend the only one with long sleeves, then? (Does Wine & Dine?)

I like the long-sleeve ones for casual wear in the cooler months, but the only Disney ones I have are 2016 WDW10k and 2017 10k/Half/Rebel Challenge.

There are other caffeinated flavors as well - tropical punch has caffeine. I tend to avoid the caffeinated ones because they can have "fun" (may not contain any actual fun) interactions with my ADHD meds.

This is part of why I go with the Gu gels - they have more interesting flavors among their decaf ones.

Is Marathon Weekend the only one with long sleeves, then? (Does Wine & Dine?)

I like the long-sleeve ones for casual wear in the cooler months, but the only Disney ones I have are 2016 WDW10k and 2017 10k/Half/Rebel Challenge.

Wine and Dine is also long sleeves - at least it was this past year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter