Princess Weekend 2020

for fuel i like waffles, gu chews or cliff blocks. I'm using gummy bears regular plain ole gummy bears, peanuts and almonds. I personally can't do gels as I hate consistency of that kinda stuff same with apple sauce.

Kinda bummed to admit it but the preview isn't blowing me away 😐 maybe its the colour combos and logo sizes, can't quite put my finger on it but I guess my wallet is saver than I was expecting

Same.
I'm gonna get a Pandora charm for my bracelet, but there's nothing else in the merch preview that I really want.

Same.
I'm gonna get a Pandora charm for my bracelet, but there's nothing else in the merch preview that I really want.

I am planning on a race weekend magnet for my fridge but other than that right now, I don't know. I love the look of the pencil drawn characters so I am eyeing up the tumbler with them on it but I also definitely do not need another tumbler in my life so I am torn.

Last year when I did the race, I wasn't expecting it to be a "one and done" situation but I also did not expect to do the race again this year. When they released the themes before registration though, they caught my attention. At the expo I ended up buying the half magnet, the running shoe ornament, a purple hoodie with pink race weekend logo and I managed to also get the tie dye spirit jersey.

Thanks for all the help with race fuel suggestions. I stopped by the sporting goods store on the way home tonight and got some of the waffles. I downed one and jumped on the treadmill. I don't usually fuel for short runs, but I had to see if it would bother my stomach. So far so good! I bought some of the cliff bloks too, but not the caffeine ones. I'll chew a couple of those tomorrow and see how that goes.

I didn't like anything in the race preview last year. The only thing I wanted was a 13.1 magnet. They were sold out by the time I got there anyway. Plus I had dreamed of owning a 13.1 in the mickey head shape. All they had anyway was that hot pink castle magnet. So I think the only thing I bought was the ornament. Didn't spend near the money I thought I would. I'm not seeing any must haves with these pics this year either. Maybe it will look different in person. It always seems that I like the front of something, but not the back or vice versa.

Yes...yes it is. Although I could use an extra couple of hours in the day somewhere so I can get through more of my to do list - I love my Princess trip but all the prep work for planning for two days of a sub in my classroom (on top of all my trip/costume planning) always drives me insane this week :laughing:
Same. I'm missing half day Thursday and all day Friday. I started that prep today. Thankfully I have a good sub. She's handled my class before. I put in for her after Christmas Break so I could get who I wanted. Hopefully it will go okay. We are out M-W next week for Mardi Gras, so the kids will be lively on Friday while I'm gone. :hyper2:

I am planning on a race weekend magnet for my fridge but other than that right now, I don't know. I love the look of the pencil drawn characters so I am eyeing up the tumbler with them on it but I also definitely do not need another tumbler in my life so I am torn.

Last year when I did the race, I wasn't expecting it to be a "one and done" situation but I also did not expect to do the race again this year. When they released the themes before registration though, they caught my attention. At the expo I ended up buying the half magnet, the running shoe ornament, a purple hoodie with pink race weekend logo and I managed to also get the tie dye spirit jersey.

Same! I think this year (based on the marathon weekend expo last month) they are killing it with Run Disney merch but not the race specific stuff. I’m disappointed but I will still get the medal replica pins and a magnet; maybe the beauty and the beast themed running shirts. They are cute but I’d need to see them in person to be sure...

There is waaaaay too much merch that I am in love with. Kinda hoping a lot of it is sold out by the time I get there Friday so I dont get as much. The stuff is all super cute!

Hello! I'm excited for all of you who are taking part in this weekend's races! The weather looks awesome for running! My friends and I are on an every-other-year Princess weekend plan, so we are looking forward to running again in 2021. We like to register during race weekend by calling runDisney to secure our race registrations and book a room so we have everything in place well in advance (and can avoid the craziness of online registration day). On to my question... does anyone know if you can adjust your room rate (through general public discounts) when they become available if you book this week through runDisney? When we booked early for the 2019 race weekend, they told us we were getting the best possible rate and would not be able to apply any discounts. However, when I called today for some information, they said we would be booking at rack rate if we book this week, but could apply a room discount IF our booking falls within any discount guidelines (such as dates of stay, when we booked, etc.). I feel like I get a different answer every time I call. Thanks for your help!

Unless they somehow change the front of park course logistics this year (not likely in my opinion), the walkway isn’t open until the course is cleared. CR guests need to take the Resort Monorail around the get into MK.

Thanks. I have found confirmation of that.

I am in LOVE with the 5K shirt! The color, the princess...it's PERFECT! I think they did a really good job on the design of all of these this year.

I really like the 5k and 10k shirts!

But not the half shirt ... highlighter yellow w/ pale blue? Um.

And this is a huge pet peeve of mine for Disney race shirts: the words "Half Marathon" are tiny and practically invisible on the shirt! Why?!

It looks like a Cinderella shirt that has nothing to do with a race. Same problem as the Star Wars half race participant shirts last year. Not sure they consult with any runners on these designs.

Regardless, I will wear it in the parks I'm sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter