Princess Weekend 2020

Fun race. Tough weather. Misty/windy/cool.

Been sitting on the bus for 30+ minutes because it can’t leave until the Epcot parking lot start part of the course is clear and there are still people starting (although just saw the bikes go by, so a good sign). I’ve done 5ks before but don’t remember buses having to hold like this? May have just been my timing on prior races, not sure?

Anyway, bus just now leaving - so on with the day!

Congrats runners.

I definitely remember this happening on both the Princess and W&D 5Ks last year, sat on the bus for quite a while before we could leave.

Congrats on the race! I'll be out there tomorrow and Sunday!

I bought memory maker for my trip this week for my group of friends. 2 friends got there yesterday . Even though we are linked, I'm not seeing their photos. Will I be able to access them once I've been to the park?

I bought memory maker for my trip this week for my group of friends. 2 friends got there yesterday . Even though we are linked, I'm not seeing their photos. Will I be able to access them once I've been to the park?
Check the filters on the app and on your friendship. Make sure you have the photopass option on your friendship selected. Also in the memory maker portion of the app check the filters. Sometimes those change and only allow you to see certain photos.

Had to go to Disney Springs today to stock up on some cold weather gear. 45 degrees and 12 mph wind (25 mph gusts) at 5am forecast tomorrow had us feeling ill-prepared. Brrrrrr!!!!!

Thank you!! It was my first...sorry to sound dumb. Even though it was cold and rainy it was a good run. Congratulations to everyone who braved the weather 😁
My first too, weather was ugh but super excited to come back for another soon

Similar question... do you have to put your bib info in to your photopass before the race or is it okay to wait until later on after the race.? Wife down there solo and I need to know if she needs to worry about this before the 10k tomorrow or will everything upload properly (AP holder) if she enters all that later in afternoon? Thanks

Similar question... do you have to put your bib info in to your photopass before the race or is it okay to wait until later on after the race.? Wife down there solo and I need to know if she needs to worry about this before the 10k tomorrow or will everything upload properly (AP holder) if she enters all that later in afternoon? Thanks
You can do either it doesn’t matter.

I have no photos so far, did you have to have ohotopass before 5k to even view?

I don't have any photos yet either. I linked mine this morning before the race and when I tried again after just to make sure, it says it's already linked. Seems like they've shown up much sooner in the past? Curious how many others are having the same issue.

EDIT: Nevermind, user error. I linked the wrong code. Once I tried again with the right code, they're there.

Last edited:
You can do either it doesn’t matter.
Thanks @rteetz , I had a feeling you’d be the one to answer! I almost DM’d you. Lol I’m usually with her and would have already done this. Good to know she’s alright either way. I’m heading down tomorrow to watch her do the half on Sunday and then we are staying until Saturday. Woot!

I will concede that these races run together in my head and maybe I’m just not remembering past situations correctly, but this waiting on the post race resort buses for the course to clear again today is kinda brutal. The three buses lined up to my resort are full and there’s a long line of people waiting. And we’re not going anywhere until the course is clear the parking lot.

Again, it may always be like this and maybe my past timing has been different, not sure??

I will concede that these races run together in my head and maybe I’m just not remembering past situations correctly, but this waiting on the post race resort buses for the course to clear again today is kinda brutal. The three buses lined up to my resort are full and there’s a long line of people waiting. And we’re not going anywhere until the course is clear the parking lot.

Again, it may always be like this and maybe my past timing has been different, not sure??

This was new to me for the 10k. Definitely didn't experience this for the Princess or W&D 10k last year, but I was slower as well so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it.

But yes, I agree, we were on the bus for about 30 minutes before the race cleared and we could leave.

Hoping someone can help me out. My sister is running this weekend. She was wondering if anyone has the tracking info of a balloon lady running the half.

Also, anyone know of anywhere someone might post which characters are along the course?

Hoping someone can help me out. My sister is running this weekend. She was wondering if anyone has the tracking info of a balloon lady running the half.

Also, anyone know of anywhere someone might post which characters are along the course?
From one of the character Instagrams I follow the ones out for the 10k were amazing

This is the first 10k course that came up the exit road and past the busses, so there was no previous instance where the busses would have been held up like that, at least for this reason. They also used mini waves again, which really spread out the starting times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter