Princess Weekend 2021

So does anyone know if masks will be required for the actual race? I am ok with either way just want to know if I need to start training with one or not.

So does anyone know if masks will be required for the actual race? I am ok with either way just want to know if I need to start training with one or not.

No one has any clue what might be required for Wine & Dine or Marathon Weekend yet, much less Princess. Most races that have put out preliminary or potential safety measures (that I have seen) have required masks prior to the start and after finishing, if at all, but not during the race.

No one has any clue what might be required for Wine & Dine or Marathon Weekend yet, much less Princess. Most races that have put out preliminary or potential safety measures (that I have seen) have required masks prior to the start and after finishing, if at all, but not during the race.

Both my kids play sports, so I was thinking about getting one of those Under Armour performance masks. They sold out the first round they had, but are supposed to have more next month. Even if they don't require it, if you feel safer wearing one, that might be a good option.

I got one just so I know that I have a place to stay. I usually hate booking at rack rate, but because of the All Stars not being bookable yet (we stay Pop) and the park reservation system, I just wanted to have something set before it was too late.

Same. I didn't want to worry about ending up with nowhere to stay.

Quick question...our departure day is the same day as the half marathon. We'll get a late flight. My wife will take 3+ hours to finish, meaning she likely won't get done until 9:30-10 a.m. Is there a way to request a late checkout so we can go back to our room and shower afterward? We'd then leave our bags at bell services until our Magical Express time.

Quick question...our departure day is the same day as the half marathon. We'll get a late flight. My wife will take 3+ hours to finish, meaning she likely won't get done until 9:30-10 a.m. Is there a way to request a late checkout so we can go back to our room and shower afterward? We'd then leave our bags at bell services until our Magical Express time.
Where are you staying?
You can ask the front desk or housekeeping the day before, but there are no guarantees.With Covid-19, they might grant this request less than they have in the past. Covid or no covid, if you're staying at a DVC resort, that request will absolutely not be granted.

My experience has been if you finish by 9:30/10:00 you can make it back to the resort, have a quick shower and be out of the room as long as you packed everything the night before. Alternatively, some of the resorts have showers/locker rooms you could wash up at instead.

Where are you staying?
You can ask the front desk or housekeeping the day before, but there are no guarantees.With Covid-19, they might grant this request less than they have in the past. Covid or no covid, if you're staying at a DVC resort, that request will absolutely not be granted.

My experience has been if you finish by 9:30/10:00 you can make it back to the resort, have a quick shower and be out of the room as long as you packed everything the night before. Alternatively, some of the resorts have showers/locker rooms you could wash up at instead.
We are staying at Pop, so no DVC issues.

I figure there are no guarantees. Just wondering what other people's experiences have been. It will be a tight turnaround from finishing to making sure we get back to the room and out. We'll still have fun!

What is everyone’s feeling on booking a hotel room now? Do y’all have a reservation already or waiting for one reason or another? Given everything going on and the fact bibs seemed limited this year, I booked as soon as I could but options for on property hotels were limited (sticking to a value resort).

I have my reservations for all three race weekends. We will see how it all shakes out!

What park passes did everyone choose? I got Epcot for Friday and MK for Saturday.

Friday - Epcot (Figured I'll be the least tired on 5K day so I can handle a lap around the world/easy Skyliner ride back to Pop in case I turn in early before the rest of my family who will be done racing by that point)

Saturday - HS (Again, easy Skyliner for when I get tired. Also not too much walking for me)

Sunday - MK (I need my Castle and Hib Grass medal pics and my traditional post-half marathon meal at Liberty Tree Tavern...now to just make sure that reservation happens once I hit 60 days out)

I've booked 11 nights at All Star Music (I have 10k bib), but it's still not showing on MDE. I've finally got through to Disney and even though their
website still states 48 hours after booking, it's currently taking 14-17 days to be visible, so I'm in limbo until then. I keep checking all my park choices are available and they are thankfully. It's so stressful.

I've booked 11 nights at All Star Music (I have 10k bib), but it's still not showing on MDE. I've finally got through to Disney and even though their website still states 48 hours after booking, it's currently taking 14-17 days to be visible, so I'm in limbo until then. I keep checking all my park choices are available and they are thankfully. It's so stressful.

Have you checked using both mobile app and website? We have reservations for Feb and ever since we've made them the reservation shows up in "my plans" on the website, but still doesn't show up on the mobile app, no idea why.

I've booked 11 nights at All Star Music (I have 10k bib), but it's still not showing on MDE. I've finally got through to Disney and even though their
website still states 48 hours after booking, it's currently taking 14-17 days to be visible, so I'm in limbo until then. I keep checking all my park choices are available and they are thankfully. It's so stressful.

When you called, did you call MDE support or just reservations? I have had good results going through tech support or the (inevitable ) MDE issues.

What park passes did everyone choose? I got Epcot for Friday and MK for Saturday.
Epcot- Friday
MK- Saturday
AK- Sunday
As it looks now, Sunday will be my departure day (unless Covid is a ton better and my kids and hubby join me for an extended family trip), so I definitely didn't want to cut my time short at Magic Kingdom. It's so weird planning this trip when every decision is made with a "but I don't really know what's going to happen" attitude.

When you called, did you call MDE support or just reservations? I have had good results going through tech support or the (inevitable ) MDE issues.
I tried MDE support first but because it is a UK booking they couldn't help as he kept asking for a 12 digit reference but our references are 8 digit, so he put me through to UK bookings who told me about the longer wait time. I will have to be patient I suppose.

Have you checked using both mobile app and website? We have reservations for Feb and ever since we've made them the reservation shows up in "my plans" on the website, but still doesn't show up on the mobile app, no idea why.
I haven't downloaded the app yet, so I've only been checking on my laptop. I am going to download it now to check now just in case.

So let's say, theoretically, that more bibs are released. Is it possible to "upgrade" a 10k bib to a challenge bib? I SOOOOO shouldn't be asking, but my SIL just about has me talked into running a local half this fall (october) and I figure that if I can get myself in shape for that by october, I could probably manage the challenge by february.....

So let's say, theoretically, that more bibs are released. Is it possible to "upgrade" a 10k bib to a challenge bib? I SOOOOO shouldn't be asking, but my SIL just about has me talked into running a local half this fall (october) and I figure that if I can get myself in shape for that by october, I could probably manage the challenge by february.....

Yes......From the website under Race Policies.....
"Registrations may be transferred within the same race weekend to a longer race distance, as long as the desired race distance is not sold out. Transfers are not allowed for the runDisney Kids Races. The Guest must log into their runDisney account and select the registration they wish to transfer. Once the Guest has selected the new distance they wish to transfer to, the Guest will be prompted to pay any difference in registration price (if any) and then a transfer processing fee will be applied. "

Are memory maker shares a thing for race weekend? Right now SIL and I are only doing the 10k, and $170 is a lot for race-only pics (we are not going to the parks.) If discussing these here isn’t allowed I’ll delete this portion of my comment.

OR can you go through and just purchase individual race photos like you can with in-park pics?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!