Priority Seating

swimrsal

Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...
Our trip is coming in May so I know it's getting close to time to call for Priority Seating. So... I have a few questions...

1) Is it 60 days or 6 weeks that you can call ahead for PS? It seems like I've seen both dates listed and I'm confused!
2) What time should I call? Anyone know when they open?
3) We're planning on doing Goofy's Kitchen for our character breakfast one morning and Blue Bayou for dinner. Any other restaraunts that we should try not to miss? We will be there for five days and will be traveling with a 21 month old.

Thank you!

-Sally ::MickeyMo

Blue Bayou is 6 weeks in advance .....not sure of the other places.
I believe they open at 8:00 a.m. Pacific time.

I called 60 days out from the first day of my 5 day trip and they let me make reservations for all of my dining including Blue Bayou and Ariel's Grotto as well as Goofy's Kitchen and Storytellers. I have since called and reconfirmed my seatings and they were all accounted for in the system.

Thanks, that is good information. Usually it is 60 days for hotel restaurants and 6 weeks for park restaurants. I had a schedule of what day to call for each restaurant, but I will try making all PS's on the first day (I wish that would work for Fantasmic :sad2: ).

I was able to call and make our Priority Seating. It is indeed 60 days and not 6 weeks! Thank you for your quick replies!

We booked Captain Mickey's (Ariel's Grotto), Goofy's Kitchen and Blue Bayou! I also called the Rainforest Cafe - they take reservations up to a year in advance.

Karylsrocks (hope I got that right) - they don't take PS at the River one you were talking about - I tried based on your recommendation!

You can make PS for Fantasmic 30 days before, and they are usually sold out within 15 minutes. I am just hoping I can get through that day before all the good seats are sold.

Wow - let us know how you do on those seats! I hope you get good ones!
We're not going to do Fantasmic since we'll be traveling with our baby and he might be too tired by then. We didn't want to pay that much when the odds of us actually being able to go aren't good!

karylrocks said:
You can make PS for Fantasmic 30 days before, and they are usually sold out within 15 minutes. I am just hoping I can get through that day before all the good seats are sold.

Hi
Does Disneyland offer a dinner package for Fantasmic like Disney World does? I did not know that. If so where would you reccomend one eat before the show?

Thanks.

I made all my priority seatings a little less than two weeks ago, but not to any of the places mentioned... Swimrsal, when in May are you going? We will be there the first through fifth with our 21 month old son. We're staying at ASMo... :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

ryan840 said:
I made all my priority seatings a little less than two weeks ago, but not to any of the places mentioned... Swimrsal, when in May are you going? We will be there the first through fifth with our 21 month old son. We're staying at ASMo... :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Cute photo ryan840! We won't be there until the 9th! We'll be there at almost the same time though. :) Where did you make your priority seatings, out of curiousity? I had a hard time deciding!

To the person asking about the Fantasmic dinner. It's actually a dessert bar. I'm not sure what places have the best vantage point for Fantasmic - I've never been to see it.

swimrsal said:
Cute photo ryan840! We won't be there until the 9th! We'll be there at almost the same time though. :) Where did you make your priority seatings, out of curiousity? I had a hard time deciding!

Thanks! :blush: I have a ps at Chef Mickey's for a cm the night we arrive, one for dinner at Ohana on a no-parks day, and I'm not sure I'll keep this one because of how long it takes to get there and back, but we have a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe for the morning we leave. We thought we'd get in one more Disney experiance before we left.

karylrocks said:

I guess I am confused, does a person need to have PS for Fantasmic in order to see it? I was at Disneyland in 2000 and my friend and I did not need to do so then.
Thanks for clearing this up for me. I will there in May for 4 days :goodvibes

:cool1: ::MinnieMo

At DL, Fantasmic is open viewing...not like the special area at WDW. No PS's are available unless you are doing one of the two dessert buffets.
If you are staying on property at DL, you can call vacation planning anytime (even
before 60 days) and have the cast members arrange for your PS's. They will even have a cast member call in at the correct date to book you for the Fantasmic Buffet, although they will not quarantee you getting them. We planned our all our PS's and Fantasmic with vacation planning a few weeks ago for our trip at the end of May.
We did give them alternate dates for Fantasmic, just in case.

Just stumbled onto this thread and had some info to share that was given to me. For Fanstasmic there is the Art Gallery above Pirates that has access to a balcony that provides a great view of the show. My understanding is you have to ask the Cast Member who works there to make a reservation of sorts. Basically they will let you sit on the balconey during the show. That way you don't have to elbow for some spot around the Rivers of America.

Zummer said:
Just stumbled onto this thread and had some info to share that was given to me. For Fanstasmic there is the Art Gallery above Pirates that has access to a balcony that provides a great view of the show. My understanding is you have to ask the Cast Member who works there to make a reservation of sorts. Basically they will let you sit on the balconey during the show. That way you don't have to elbow for some spot around the Rivers of America.
This is the seating I was referring to. There are 15 seats on the Disney Gallery balcony. You can reserve seating, which includes a dessert buffet, for $53 per person but you have to call 30 days in advance, and they usually sell out very quickly after the phone lines open. There is also special riverside seating for the same price.

Hey Mickey's Old Friend...

What number did you call to set up all of these arrangements? Is there a specific number for vacation planning or did you just speak to a CS for priority seating?

thanks!

Thank You All for answering my question in regards to Fantasmic and Priority Seating. Also to the OP (swimrsal) for letting me use her thread to ask it! :goodvibes

::MinnieMo :disrocks: :cool1: :wave2:

Happy Planning to everyone! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter