Private VIP tour recently

zoo2tycoon

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the private VIP tour since Covid changes? Worth cost? I know they can't do ROTR

Worth the cost is always going to be in the buyer's judgment. If you are limited on time and can afford it, probably yes. It is the only way to park hop now, as far as I know. With no Fastpass, you get quicker than ever access to attractions. I have never done it, but I can't justify the cost in my budget. A week at Disney costs about the same as a day of the VIP tour for me.

I've always been jealous when I see the tours. But, I know so much about Disney and I am an ardent planner, that I could never justify the cost. Maybe when I'm retired it will be one last treat for me. But retirement is a good 30 years away for me (if ever) :)

I've been very curious about this too! I feel like I know enough about the parks but going on it would be fun. Personally, I rather spend that money on a nice lunch/dinner.

We just did one on 11/23. After spending 2 days waiting in lines due to no FPs, this was a game changer for us. We were very aggressive with our plan, but our tour guide (Keith) was excellent and got us through everything. (all 4 parks, 19 rides in 7 hours). For us it was worth it, especially now. Since there are no FPs, we went straight to the front on all the rides - usually you just get to get in the normal FP line. At least until Jan when they allow park hopping again, this was the only way to do multiple parks in one day.

We just did one on 11/23. After spending 2 days waiting in lines due to no FPs, this was a game changer for us. We were very aggressive with our plan, but our tour guide (Keith) was excellent and got us through everything. (all 4 parks, 19 rides in 7 hours). For us it was worth it, especially now. Since there are no FPs, we went straight to the front on all the rides - usually you just get to get in the normal FP line. At least until Jan when they allow park hopping again, this was the only way to do multiple parks in one day.

I agree. We always do VIP at least once during our trips. I think it’s even more important when we go in a few weeks to limit any sort of contact with other people. As someone pointed out, the fast pass line will be even quicker since no one will be there (except other vip tours)

I can tell you that within a half an hour of reservations opening up, VIP tour sold out for all of Christmas week so I think there is definitely a heightened demand.

I agree. We always do VIP at least once during our trips. I think it’s even more important when we go in a few weeks to limit any sort of contact with other people. As someone pointed out, the fast pass line will be even quicker since no one will be there (except other vip tours)

I can tell you that within a half an hour of reservations opening up, VIP tour sold out for all of Christmas week so I think there is definitely a heightened demand.

While the numbers are low enough to be negligible, there ARE other people in the FP lines. I'm not sure who they all were other than disability access parties, but they definitely outnumbered the VIP tours. (FWIW, on the Saturday after T'Giving we encountered 3 small VIP tour parties in the SplMtn queue, but the total number of folks who used the FP line numbered 84 in that 45 minute period. I was counting just for the heck of something to do.)

While the numbers are low enough to be negligible, there ARE other people in the FP lines. I'm not sure who they all were other than disability access parties, but they definitely outnumbered the VIP tours. (FWIW, on the Saturday after T'Giving we encountered 3 small VIP tour parties in the SplMtn queue, but the total number of folks who used the FP line numbered 84 in that 45 minute period. I was counting just for the heck of something to do.)
Rider swap also gets to use the FP line, which isn't always a small number. And then there are also occasionally guest recovery FPs for if a ride goes down or something else, but that doesn't seem to be a large number.

No, it is per hour and for up to 10 guests. If we traveled with friends or family who would split the cost I'd maybe try it sometime, but it's just my husband and I on our trips so this is not in the cards. :)

Same here 3 of us. If bigger group we’d split cost but I can’t justify cost for 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!