Problems at White Swan

paulsimon

Earning My Ears
We recently stayed at the White Swan Inn in San Francisco. They completely messed up our reservation. They could not find the reservation and after looking for some time they said that we were booked for October 4-6 not August 4-6. Of course, I had my confirmation from Disney that clearly stated August 4-6. They were completely booked for the first night and they put us up at another inn nearby for the first night. The second night we stayed at the White Swan. The biggest difficulty was that we were originally supposed to stay at the White Swan for two nights and then at another hotel for three nights. Because of the foul up we stayed at one hotel the first night, the White Swan the second night and yet another hotel on the third night of our trip. It was extremely inconvenient moving luggage that often. Anyway since this all took place on a Saturday we couldn't even contact DVC. When I finally spoke to DVC they reinstated all of our 50 points that we had originally booked with the White Swan. I was pleased that they did that for us.

I personally would not recommend the White Swan. The Inn is very nice but I thought their staff did a poor job. We were not the only people who had problems there during our stay.

I'm glad to hear DVC made good on the reservation but sorry to hear about your problems.

Thanks for the info. paulsimon. Glad to hear that DVC MS reinstated your points for the inconvenience. Hope you had a wonderful time in San Francisco despite the screw up. I can't wait to go to back to San Francisco and take my family this time. It is a beautiful place with lots to see and do. We won't be staying at the White Swan Inn.

Has anyone else stayed at the White Swan? Any good experiences. My DH and I are booked for this Nov. paulsimon, what else about your stay didn't you like? Gosh maybe I should change my res. Thanks for your thoughts. :earsgirl:

Wow! My wife and I stayed at tThe White Swan last summer for 3 nights and had no problems whatsoever! It sounds like this was a rare happenstance. We love the remote location and the quait feeling of the inn compared to the rest of the city which we didn't care for too much. I wouldn't use this one bad-luck case as the final determinant of whether or not to book the White Swan Inn.

Call them directly and make sure all is in order. Tell them about what you've heard here and get them to assure you that nothing will happen and GET A NAME. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter