Procedure for Making ADRs by Phone?

Coral Reef Diver

Diving The Magic
I thought there would be a sticky on this, but I couldn't find one. I also read an intelligent post detailing the step-by-step procedures necessary to secure an ADR at the 180 day mark, but couldn't find that one either. It included tips for cutting seconds off the connect time to get to a WDW Reservations CM.

Can anyone tell me what information I need to have with me before I call? (We are staying on-site) What do I tell them or phrase differently to the CM to speed my request through the ADR reservation system?

Is it better to book ADRs online? I'm sure all of this has already been covered elsewhere, but where?

Online opens a full hour earlier in the morning (6 AM EST instead of 7 AM EST) so if you're booking high demand places, it's far better to book online when they open.

I only call for ADRs if it something that you have to call to book by calling and cannot online, such as a tour. Everything else, I do online and I have had no issues getting what I want.

Everything else, I do online and I have had no issues getting what I want.
I'm having a problem with booking online. It's not combining my four-day and two day resort reservations to give me 180+6 days booking priority. Do all members in my situation have to book their ADRs by phone?

I'm having a problem with booking online. It's not combining my four-day and two day resort reservations to give me 180+6 days booking priority. Do all members in my situation have to book their ADRs by phone?
You only have 180+ for Reservation #1. Then, you'll have 180+ for Reservation #2. They don't combine for ADRs.

You only have 180+ for Reservation #1. Then, you'll have 180+ for Reservation #2. They don't combine for ADRs.
I appreciate your answer. It's just heartbreaking to hear that our 180+6 day window is in actuality a 180+4 day window.

Will the same thing occur for our FP+ reservation window? (I hesitate to ask)

No. FPs are a completely different system and you'll book FPs for all 6 days the moment your booking window opens.
I'd like to hear more. The CM just told me that the ADR and FP+ each use the same check-in date system.
I was told that I could book just 4 days of FPs when my window opens, and wait four day to book the remaining 2 days of the FPs.

I like your method better, but how does it work?

I'd like to hear more. The CM just told me that the ADR and FP+ each use the same check-in date system.
I was told that I could book just 4 days of FPs when my window opens, and wait four day to book the remaining 2 days of the FPs.

I like your method better, but how does it work?
The Split Stay section of the FP FAQ Sticky has the info.

The Sticky is at the top of the Theme Parks forum. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!