Prohibited items

Experiment 629

Half an ear
Does anyone have experience with carrying an item that is not allowed in the parks?
(I'm unsure about some accessories I got, such as a cap with spikes, not sharp. A belt with fake bullets)

What will happen when you're trying to enter but they refuse acces with certain items?
Will they send you back to your resort or can they keep items at guest services to pick up when you leave?

I know it will be safer to leave them at the hotel but I might like wearing them during resort hopping.

Does anyone have experience with carrying an item that is not allowed in the parks?
(I'm unsure about some accessories I got, such as a cap with spikes, not sharp. A belt with fake bullets)

What will happen when you're trying to enter but they refuse acces with certain items?
Will they send you back to your resort or can they keep items at guest services to pick up when you leave?

I know it will be safer to leave them at the hotel but I might like wearing them during resort hopping.
Why would you need to wear a belt with fake bullets on it while resort hopping (or in the park)? I assume you're an adult and not a young child wearing a costume and even then the belt might not be allowed. Leave it at home.

I can't tell if you're just trolling or serious. Either way, you have the choice to take it back to your hotel, car or whatever, or throw it out. They will not hold it for you.

Its not a costume nor a costume part. Its normal clothing. I just cant find anything about if those items are allowed or not. And no not trolling :/

127024110-L.jpg
61a0fsDjTnL._UX385_.jpg

They dont state in their rules that such items aint allowed.

Last edited:
You should expect to be told by security that you will have to remove the fake bullet belt and put it in your car or your room before you’re allowed in the parks.

They could also tell you that you can’t enter with that hat on since it might violate a dress code. Or they could say that it could potentially be a safety hazard.

You should expect to be told by security that you will have to remove the fake bullet belt and put it in your car or your room before you’re allowed in the parks.

They could also tell you that you can’t enter with that hat on since it might violate a dress code. Or they could say that it could potentially be a safety hazard.
Most of the Security at WDW parks are retired/former Police Officers.
I can assure you that they would see the bullet belt as flaunting their "No weapons or anything that looks like a weapon" policy and the hat as a potential weapon.
Either of which can result in a lifetime ban from all Disney venues.

Disney doesn't list every single thing that isn't allowed because the list would be endless. On their website, however, at the end of the list of prohibited items is the following:

Additional items may also not be permitted inside the theme parks. Please use your best judgment and do not bring anything that may be potentially harmful or disruptive.

Security will determine on an item by item basis if something you bring will not be allowed.

127024110-L.jpg
61a0fsDjTnL._UX385_.jpg

They dont state in their rules that such items aint allowed.

I would say that it isn’t even worth trying to wear/bring the bullet belt. There is a heightened security environment after the mass shooting in Las Vegas and things resembling weapons (including obvious toy guns) are definitely not permitted in the park. I don’t see them letting fake ammunition go by on a technicality.

The hat is more of a fashion item and it could pass, but it could also be flagged as unacceptable depending on the security guard. If you think it would be a big deal to be rejected at security and have to go back to your car to put your hat away, then get in line for bag check and security again... maybe look for another option? But if you don’t care about a delay like that, you can always take your chances and see if they’ll let you through. Just don’t be surprised if you are waived through by one guard and then have the item flagged as a prohibited item by a different guard the next time you enter.

They don't take a lot of chances with items that resemble weapons in the park. In the time that it takes you to explain what the items are to MK security, take them back to your car or hotel & then come back through the security line, you could have ridden Space Mountain twice (if you're there at rope drop.) If i were getting in a ride vehicle behind someone with spikes on their hat, I'd low-key ask to be re-seated if they don't take their hat off.

Is it worth it? Probably not. Leave the bullet belt and spike hat back in the hotel or car.

Hard to believe that one.
Worn them flying between Denmark and Holland, both ways. No questions asked.

If you have to come here questioning the items, that should already give you your answer. Is it really that important to bring those items? I don't believe it is.
Considering its my only hat and belt I would like not having to buy new ones for this trip only. Reason I feel like asking is because I heard some things that seemed overreacted and overly sensitive about America. Here in Europe I never had issues with any of these items, not even my jacket thats full of spikes like those on the hat. (airports, concert halls, general public places. No one sees it as harmful here, as its not)
Simply asking about whether these rumors were true or not.

Considering its my only hat and belt I would like not having to buy new ones for this trip only. Reason I feel like asking is because I heard some things that seemed overreacted and overly sensitive about America. Here in Europe I never had issues with any of these items, not even my jacket thats full of spikes like those on the hat. (airports, concert halls, general public places. No one sees it as harmful here, as its not)
Simply asking about whether these rumors were true or not.

Do yourself a favor and leave them at home in Europe. Go get a different belt and hat. At least you'll know that you have them when you return from your trip. As others have said, it's not worth creating a hassle if you don't have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!