Project Life: no more physical product being made

Grumpy's Gal

DIS Veteran
For those of you who use physical project life, no more is being made now. Becky Higgins announced on her Instagram. What is already manufactured will continue to be sold. Those of us who use the physical product have been asking for MONTHS. She finally answered. So sad.

The digital will continue to be updated etc.

Last edited:
Just saw this. I'm not surprised, but I am sad. I do like her phone app. I recently bought a bunch at PL style cards at a scrapbooking meet, so hopefully I'm set for a while!

guys.... I'm very late to this party... I've been doing physical project life for years, I just went to buy some product and learned this news. I'm overwhelmed, I have a system in place (which works for me after transitioning from Creative Memories paper crafting), and now here I go again. So, do I teach myself how to do digital, ugh? I sort of want to, but where to start? Just googled how to print 12 x12 pages.... do you slide them into a tradition sleeve scrapbook or print out whole books...oh my gosh, what do most people do? I looked at the project life digital app.... the books are so expensive to print. Any direction or advice is welcome. I'm a working mom and I love scrapbooking, but I don't have the time to do the amazing stuff, research, etc. I'm only a year behind and I just need to figure out where to go from here. Sorry if this sounds dramatic, but this is my one hobby that I really enjoy and the project life system worked so well for me. Thank you, Erin

guys.... I'm very late to this party... I've been doing physical project life for years, I just went to buy some product and learned this news. I'm overwhelmed, I have a system in place (which works for me after transitioning from Creative Memories paper crafting), and now here I go again. So, do I teach myself how to do digital, ugh? I sort of want to, but where to start? Just googled how to print 12 x12 pages.... do you slide them into a tradition sleeve scrapbook or print out whole books...oh my gosh, what do most people do? I looked at the project life digital app.... the books are so expensive to print. Any direction or advice is welcome. I'm a working mom and I love scrapbooking, but I don't have the time to do the amazing stuff, research, etc. I'm only a year behind and I just need to figure out where to go from here. Sorry if this sounds dramatic, but this is my one hobby that I really enjoy and the project life system worked so well for me. Thank you, Erin

I am transitioning myself. I did CM for years, then found the physical project life. I have done that for a few years, then am doing a lot (well, almost all) of my stuff on the PL app for my phone. I am pleased at how well I am keeping up with my photos. Right now, I do a mix of regular CM pages, then add in my prints (2016.) Once I hit 2019, it's almost all digital.

You don't have to print through the app. Many people use shutterfly, Blurb, etc. Whenever you do a layout, make sure to export a copy to your phone, and back it up to the cloud. Amazon photos seems to be the current recommended. I print through the app right now, because I only print a few at a time, and it is a flat fee for shipping.

If you are on Facebook, there is an excellent group called Simply Project Life. Be sure to read the files. Everything there is only in the app, but it is amazing what you can do with it! I tend to do very simple pages, but every once in a while like to play with it and get fancy. The members often post about deals with printing, and are very quick to help with any problems.

I am not the most technical gifted person, so if I can do it, anyone can :P

My printer is not the best, so I can't use digital. Thankfully, I probably have enough supplies for the rest of my life, including 8 PL box kits. But I do miss the inspiration I got by visiting an actual scrapbook store.

The Tuesday Morning stores have had tons of project life kits for $6.99. I stocked up on those and the pocket pages. I already had enough albums. I just don’t want to do digital. I always include so many physical items ( train ticket, etc) that I just want to make physical pages.

One of my Tuesday Morning stores is closing, and they are up to 40% off. I will try to see what I can find there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!