Proposal ideas

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
So, I'm the 'keeper of the ring' when we go to WDW in May :love:
DD (21) knows that her boyfriend is planning to propose but wants the actual proposal to be a surprise :goodvibes
DBF has asked for my help as he's never visited WDW before and doesn't know where to start!
I've suggested that he does it on the day we arrive as she's going to drive us both crazy if she has to wait :rotfl2:
We're travelling from the UK and, if I say he's a typical Yorkshireman - not given to grand gestures some of you might get an idea :jumping1:He's adament he's not getting down on one knee in front of a crowd of people :goodvibes

My advice to this question is always: Do it where it is important to the couple, something that has a meaning to them. You have your 'cliche' spots like the wishing well, but if that's not a place that connects with them then he needs to look further.

If you are from the UK, I would say do it in Epcot in UK. At least that's something he will recognize ;-)
Or is there a movie or character they both enjoy?
Did they go to Disneyland Paris perhaps, so he might know the works with rides like Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion?

Arrival day is a GREAT idea!

Does she have a favorite ride? We have friends who got engaged on Peter Pan, and now even *I* think of it every time I go on that ride, even though I'm not the one who got engaged! :teeth: That way it would be just the two of them but still meaningful.

So, I'm the 'keeper of the ring' when we go to WDW in May :love:
DD (21) knows that her boyfriend is planning to propose but wants the actual proposal to be a surprise :goodvibes
DBF has asked for my help as he's never visited WDW before and doesn't know where to start!
I've suggested that he does it on the day we arrive as she's going to drive us both crazy if she has to wait :rotfl2:
We're travelling from the UK and, if I say he's a typical Yorkshireman - not given to grand gestures some of you might get an idea :jumping1:He's adament he's not getting down on one knee in front of a crowd of people :goodvibes
Fireworks cruise. You can rent a boat from many of the resorts that do this. If he wanted to go all out he could rent the yacht that the grand Floridian has. It will be quite and private on your own personal boat with a captain.

My brother didn't want to do it in front of a big crowd either - my now sister in law loves Chinese Food - he proposed at dinner at Nine Dragons. He had a special fortune cookie made up that said 'Will You Marry Me' for the fortune. It was quiet, personal and still at Disney which she loved. He could plan a nice dinner for the two of them, maybe a favorite restaurant if they have one, and propose there.

Thank you all for your suggestions :love:
He took her to DLP for her birthday last year so I might get him thinking about that :sunny:
Eve's favourite rides are Rock'n'Rollercoaster or Pirates as she rode them both with her Dad before he died 11 years ago 💞
We're in Magic Kingdom the day after we arrive - breakfast at the Castle so I'm sure he'll have plenty of opportunity then 8-)
I'll just leave him with a few thoughts - I just don't want to be responsible for looking after the ring for too long.......:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!