PTR: 3rd wedding anniversary and graduation celebrations OCT 31-NOV 6

Crashbeckycoot

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I am not quite sure of the “in’s and out’s” of writing a trip review, so please bear with me! I thought I would put this together for planning my first "trip review", but third vacation because as the time goes on, my memories of how we handled previous vacations has faded and I would love to keep a record for my future self planning.

Background: Although this will be my first trip review (actually, this is my first post on this forum), I have been a silent reader for the last few years. I recently just joined the forum so that I was able to post, however, old habits do not die and I have remained a silent reader even after joining. SO, to overcome this, I thought, why not start with my first PTR!

Who we are: I am a 29 female and my husband is 31. We are from Sydney, Australia. We have been together for almost 11 years, and married for almost 3 (more on that in a second!). We have no kiddies (not yet, anyway!).

Our Disneyland History: Our first vacation to Disneyland was in September 2013. We had planned to visit for a few years... we planned …. and we planned some more... however, our enjoyment for cruises led to America and Disneyland to be put on hold (despite our best intentions).

In 2013, DH’s brother in law said “Lets do a boys trip!” – I was instantly envious, I said to my DH (fiancée at the time) “Umm but we have PLANNED this holiday, you cannot do it without me!” *In the most non nagging way possible* SO, this led to a compromise of a quick a 9 night trip for me (7 nights in Anaheim and 2 nights in Las Vegas), with DH continuing on for another 5 nights in Las Vegas for his “boys trip”. Needless to say, we were both happy with this outcome! (P.S. DH preferred his holiday time with me over “the boys”, so he won’t be making that mistake again :rotfl2:)

After this holiday, we knew instantly that we HAD to incorporate Disneyland into our honeymoon. So, we planned and later married in November 2014 (14 months after the first trip). After our wedding, we continued onto our honeymoon, a 3 week vacation back to America (San Francisco 3 nights, LA 3 nights, Anaheim 6 nights, Las Vegas 7 nights). It was truly magical but we knew after two expensive holidays plus a wedding, it would be awhile until we returned :sad2:.

I started planning in early 2016 for a September 2016 vacation, unfortunately, these plans fell through due to timing (I was completing my undergraduate at university). I pushed this back to September 2017, but alas, it appeared I “love” university; I was accepted into honours for 2017 meaning it had to be pushed back again. In early August this year, my husband came to me and said “Let’s book Disneyland”, well, I am not one to say “no” to a vacation, so we immediately scheduled our time to coincide with TWO celebrations.
1) Submitting my research thesis thus finalising my honours degree (YAY for ME :jumping3:)
2) Our third year wedding anniversary! A recreation of our honeymoon!

Unfortunately, it will not QUITE be a recreation, due to our annual leave balances being a little on the lower scale but we have come up with the following itinerary:

• 3 nights LA
  • 5 nights Anaheim
  • 6 nights Las Vegas
Vacation Dates: October 28th to November 11th (the 9th will be our anniversary in LV).

Disneyland Dates: October 31st to November 5th (leaving for LV on the 6th).

Our Aim: For this vacation, we have decided we really want to achieve the following (just a few things we felt we lacked with previously);

• Take in the Disneyland “atmosphere” including the lovely food and drinks. I have been an avid Youtube watcher over the past few months and have a list of new things to try. My first will be Dole Whip!
  • Actually be able to ride Splash Mountain!! (EVERY TIME we tried, no joke, it was either suddenly down for maintenance, including whilst we were in line, the line was way too long OR my favourite time, when we had a Fastpass, we were about to walk in, and bam, it went down right at that moment! – It was the end of the day and we had had enough so were unable to return “at any time later that day” with the fast pass). With a minimum of 6 attempts made between 2 trips - it was just not mean to be :confused3.
  • We would like to get a few more photos with characters (we both felt awkward, just two “kids” in their 20s waiting for character photos. THIS time I will make sure when we feel awkward to just continue on with the line!) *we will see!*
What We Are Looking Forward Too: Although we were there for Halloween time in 2013, we did not attend a Halloween party and wasn’t quite sure about how it all worked. This time, I have completely prepped for Halloween, including pre-purchased tickets to the Halloween Party on October 31st. I am so excited, even if it is the very last date for Halloween time.

Although I understand the parks quite well, I know that we have not completely experienced everything Disneyland has to offer, so I look forward to some more planning (whilst I finish my thesis of course!).

Thank you!
Rebecca ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!