Pushing trip back. Help me choose a resort!

jdbruce

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! Due to the ongoing pandemic, I am moving my June trip to late August/early September. (My home resort is BWV I have a 2 bedroom villa boardwalk view for 12 nights.) BWV has no availability for the timeframe I'm looking at. However, Saratoga Springs/Treehouse Villas and Old Key West are available. I've never stayed at either resort (Not because I don't like them, I just love BWV). Help me choose!!! It will be myself, my daughter (14), and my parents 70 & 73. It might be helpful to know that my father uses a scooter to get around as he has had bilateral knee replacements. I look forward to hearing everyone's input!

I would say SS. I think OKW has only 3 buildings with elevators. (62, 63 and 64) which are not that far from the Hospitality House. Note building 64 does not have parking directly in front of the building.

If that is not an issue, then the question is about Disney Springs. If you get a preferred room at SS, you want walk (and scoot) to Disney Springs easily enough. OWK, if you are near the Hospitality House, its a boat ride. (Not sure how easy a scooter is with those).

OWK rooms are bigger, and personally I like the vibe there more, but that is totally subjective.

SSR. It is a very nice resort that should make using the scooter easy.

Thank you everyone for the advice! We went with 2 weeks in a dedicated 2 bedroom Preferred. I've always wanted to try this resort, but couldn't tear myself away from my beloved BWV. Now we have the perfect opportunity. I'm a CAT scan technologist here in Norfolk and am essential personnel. Its so scary and stressful as I scan 100% of those infected with COVID-19. I am looking forward to getting away. This momma needs a margarita by the pool!!!! Thanks again to everyone for the advice.

I would try SSR ( Congress Park section ) its close to Disney Springs

I would also say Saratoga for your parents since Old Key West has limited elevators. If you did preferred, I would request the Springs since you would be closest to the Carriage House and a pool.

SSR will be great for a scooter- it's a lovely resort and so conveniently close to Disney Springs. However, I'm not sure about the accessibility of the Treehouse portion, as they are a good distance from the central part of SSR proper (they have an internal bus that will make a loop so you can catch the bus to parks - not sure that would be the best with a scooter).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter