Put the Kettle on...

Mrs Hobbes

DIS Veteran
We are due for our first trip home next month and I was wondering if DVC villas have a kettle or is it just a coffee pot? I am the only person in our family of 4 who drinks hot drinks so it isn't worth making a pot of coffee just for me. I am planning on packing a small jar of instant coffee and some teabags in my suitcase but do I also need to pack a travel kettle?

There's only a coffee pot in the villas, but you can request a kettle from mousekeeping. :goodvibes

I don't drink coffee either, but make some for DH every morning when we're at WDW. Two cups in the coffee pot is about 2.5 - 3 of the mugs you get in the villas, so he does tend to finish it.

If you do decide to use the coffee pot you will need basket filters, the flat bottomed kind.

Hope that helps. :)

Charlotte

Our studio villa at SSR only had a coffee pot and I'm a tea person! I boiled my water for tea in the microwave in the mug I was going to use and then added the teabag as usual. :thumbsup2

There was a stove type kettle in the 1 bed that you heat up on the cooker but as others have said, there isn't one in the studios

We requested a kettle in our two bedroom villa at SSR but never got one. I would suggest to be on the safe side take a travel kettle

susan

Looking at your countdown it looks like you are staying at AKV, an easy option would be to get a refillable mug from Mara. They have coffee (regular & decaf), a selection of Twinings teas, hot chocolate and soft drinks.

Unless we are miles from the counter service we always get mugs, it is so much easier.

Looking at your countdown it looks like you are staying at AKV, an easy option would be to get a refillable mug from Mara. They have coffee (regular & decaf), a selection of Twinings teas, hot chocolate and soft drinks.

Unless we are miles from the counter service we always get mugs, it is so much easier.

we do this too

I put a small pan of water to boil to make my tea for one!

Pam

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll wait and see how far we are from mara before I go down the refillable mug route. The microwave a mug of water idea seems like the best option for me :goodvibes

I got a kettle from mousekeeping during our December trip and it was the stove top kind. It was okay except that it took ages to boil and I don't like to wait long for my cup of tea in the morning!!!
Note to self - next trip buy an American electric kettle at start of trip (good old WalMart!!) and leave in Owner's Locker (good old Owner's Locker!!)

Note to self - next trip buy an American electric kettle at start of trip (good old WalMart!!) and leave in Owner's Locker (good old Owner's Locker!!)

Just what I did and do - Wal-Mart/Owner's Locker :thumbsup2. It doesn't boil as quickly as we are used to though and mine also doesn't have a cut-off switch when it does boil so you have to keep your eye on it.

DH likes a cuppa too so it is worth having but if it were just me, I'd be packing a small travel kettle which would take up less room in my lovely locker ;)

I bought a Kenwood travel kettle here (small enough to not take up too much room in the suitcase)that has a button for switching between our voltage and US voltage. Just remember to take a travel adaptor for the US! :thumbsup2

dont think they know what a kettle is
Paulh

Wish I'd known that we could request a kettle before we went at Christmas.

We took a bag of tea bags with us but ended up leaving them as we had no kettle.

Incidentally, when we are asked at customs if we had any food, I told the official that we had brought our preferred tea bags with us. "A great idea," he said, "Just this week, America has run out of tea bags."

:rotfl2:

We learned this from our December trip in a 1BR at SSR - No kettle!! Didn't realise about requesting one - I made do without my beloved cuppa tea in the morning. We'd never get the kettle in a studio (what we are likely to use when it's just the 2 of us) as there is no stove.

This time (last week) we took a travel kettle - yay!! We left it in our Owners Locker so we're set for next time. Just need to figure out the milk now and I'm all set....lol!!

we bought an eletric kettle from the outlets, as we had a baby at the time and needed sterilised water.We plan to take it with us each year.

Going 'home' to SSR in July, and I was planning to use the coffee maker to make tea - just put the tea bag where the thingy with the coffee would normally go, but can anybody recommend some kind of cleaner to flush out the coffee taste?

Thanks

Jim

Going 'home' to SSR in July, and I was planning to use the coffee maker to make tea - just put the tea bag where the thingy with the coffee would normally go, but can anybody recommend some kind of cleaner to flush out the coffee taste?

Thanks

Jim

try a lemon :confused3

Thanks

Jim

the water in the coffee maker do`s not boil when going through the coffee filter.its heated up by the ring plate under glass collector. that's why coffee better left a while till pored and machine no good for tea
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter