Q's Volunteering for RunDisney

clshirk

Mouseketeer
I'm currently signed up to work the Expo for the PHM. I'm actually from out of town and a little nervous about volunteering now because I'm coming with my family, taking half a day away from them and am nervous I might not get in on time anyhow.

So what types of perks have Volunteers gotten for this? I've heard rumors of jackets, etc... but I don't know.

Do you usually end up working the whole shift or do they send people home early ... I'm signed up for a 1-7 shift.

How late is too late to cancel if you decide to not volunteer?

I'm currently signed up to work the Expo for the PHM. I'm actually from out of town and a little nervous about volunteering now because I'm coming with my family, taking half a day away from them and am nervous I might not get in on time anyhow.

So what types of perks have Volunteers gotten for this? I've heard rumors of jackets, etc... but I don't know.

Do you usually end up working the whole shift or do they send people home early ... I'm signed up for a 1-7 shift.

How late is too late to cancel if you decide to not volunteer?

I've never volunteered for the Florida races, just the CA ones. In CA, you work the entire shift at the expo because runners will come in until closing. I would say that if you are considering not working your shift, you should cancel now. They are counting on you to fill a spot, so better that they have the opportunity to fill it with someone from a waitlist than to run short when the expo gets busy. On the other hand, working the expo is a lot of fun! It goes by quickly and you meet awesome runners from all over the world.

Alas I worked the 5k not the expo so I don't know what clothing item you'll get. At the 5k this jan it was soooo cold so thank goodness we got windbreakers.

It will be really rewarding and worth the time away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter