Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@flyingdumbo127 Good news for PT. Glad you could reschedule your Disneyland trip to a better time for you. The Christmas season would be a lovely time to go. I enjoyed the Candlelight processional at WDW.

@bobbiwoz I hope you pond issues get fixed. Glad your checkup went well.

Good Morning. It is rainy here with temps in the lower 50s. We had a thunderstorm rumble through. It is supposed to be in the 50s today. Yesterday I walked at the lake. It was a nice day. Today I may go to the gym and get on the treadmill for a bit. My new suitcase arrived yesterday. I got a samsonite one just like the one I gave to Kenny to use. The color is raspberry so I can pick it out of a crowd. I am looking at is as new suitcase, new memories. I am airing it out now and may bring it on my trip to Disney. I do have a hard shell one that I used last time but I broke the lock that comes with it and use a regular lock on it. I had to put duct tape over the lock saying it is broken. I may just use that suitcase for travels to NH and land travel.

Have a good day.

64° now in Cape May, they say it got as high as 70°. I did some outside work today in the garden. Squirrels have dug up at least 30 gladiola bulbs, chewed them, but have not eaten them. I did what I could to save those that seemed good enough. I’ve had the bulbs for 7 years, never had a problem with squirrels or anything before this. Disappointed for sure.

The pond has not been dealt with. We can’t see any fish. Some come up if we put food in, but I don’t know if they are healthy or sick. Water is very cloudy. The pond company is not getting the message straight. We expected people on two different days. The owner calls and says, “ I got a message to call you, What’s up.” Well I think they will come when we aren’t home. We come back on May 11.

Today was 6 month Medicare Wellness check. It went well! Blood pressure was a bit high, am somewhat stressed, pond, and well, Gus is affected by the warm weather, but 70° isn’t particularly high, but for him, I guess it is.

I finished the 1000 piece puzzle, well 999 pieces because one is missing. It’s lovely, has taken me quite awhile to finish. It was a Christmas present.

View attachment 855673

I am pretty sure all of those lovely birds have been to our feeder this winter!

@flyingdumbo127 , that was good news you received from DL, and a visit to see the CP, is very special!
I know all of them have been to my feeders and some more. I/m missing the cute dog.

Lately I've had Rock Pigeons eating on the ground by my feeders. I guess they are my cleanup crew, but they have to get it before the squirrels do.

We made it to 91 yesterday which matched a record. Not sure if that's official but it's what my phone says.

Today we are projected to 89. I'm already back in, but going out for a half hour to mow in the lower yard area. Can't let it get crazy.

Good morning. Like Judique, we hit 91 yesterday. It was too hot to even sit outside. I didn't put the ac on but had the blinds down and all the ceiling fans going and it was comfortable in here. We're going to 80 with a chance of a shower this afternoon.

My new gardenia bush came yesterday . No one around here had any, so I took a chance on Home Depot (none within almost an hour from here), and had it shipped for free. I didn't know what to expect ordering a live bush, but was pleasantly surprised. It was delivered by UPS in a big stand up box. I opened it and slid it out from the bottom. The large pot was wrapped in plastic and the plant was intact. Has blooms on it and even had one flower already open. I waited until it was cooler after dinner and planted it.

Just took the trash down already and am going to weed whack the spots that need it before it gets too warm.

Have a nice day

1714484049919.png

Oh, I love Gardenia bushes!! Hope this one lasts a long time for you!!

With all the talk of high temperatures here, we are giving new thoughts to our house while we are gone. We may crack a few windows while we are gone.

@Judique, that cute dog has tugged at my heartstrings too! It was the first thing I did on the puzzle, so I have been looking at it for a long while. :dogdance:

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning. Like Judique, we hit 91 yesterday. It was too hot to even sit outside. I didn't put the ac on but had the blinds down and all the ceiling fans going and it was comfortable in here. We're going to 80 with a chance of a shower this afternoon.

My new gardenia bush came yesterday . No one around here had any, so I took a chance on Home Depot (none within almost an hour from here), and had it shipped for free. I didn't know what to expect ordering a live bush, but was pleasantly surprised. It was delivered by UPS in a big stand up box. I opened it and slid it out from the bottom. The large pot was wrapped in plastic and the plant was intact. Has blooms on it and even had one flower already open. I waited until it was cooler after dinner and planted it.

Just took the trash down already and am going to weed whack the spots that need it before it gets too warm.

Have a nice day

View attachment 855866
I love love love Gardenia! Had them way back when at a prior home, but haven't planted any here. I may have to copy you!

Quick mid afternoon:wave::grouphug:

I'm waiting for Carol, I wish, OUR, Carol, the PT to come. My virtual visit with Karen this morning didn't work. We rescheduled in person which is better anyway. God willing, a very positive update to come later.

Prayers each of you had a good Tuesday and last day of April. God willing, I am sure looking forward to a true month of wonderful healing in May. I do have a very positive PT update to share with all of you.

My virtual visit with Karen this morning did not work. Grace of God, He, of course as always, had a much better plan. Later this afternoon a super-sweet PT named Carolyn came to my apartment and did the initial consultation in person. Carolyn could not have been any nicer. She was very pleased by the strength I have already and absolutely believes with PT and of course, my strong faith, a full recovery will happen. It will, as expected just take some time.

The PT plan is that the therapist (not Carolyn) who will be assigned to me will call me later this week to schedule our first PT session for next week. Based on how that goes, it will be my choice as to whether I would prefer PT once or twice a week. Carolyn said after 10 sessions, she will come back to reevaluate my progress. At that time, she fully expects me to be able to walk around the apartment! That would sure be a huge blessing! As far as a complete return to normal activity, as expected it is too early to determine that. One positive step at a time and I give God all praise and Glory for all steps! I will absolutely keep you posted next week.

Thank you always for all your extra love and prayers!

All my love and sweet dream wishes!

@bobbiwoz Have a great trip.

@flyingdumbo127 Great news from the PT. You will be stronger before you know it and walking around your apartment.

Good morning. It is 45 here with temps heading into the 50s. Yesterday I walked outside and went to the gym. I had a good workout on the treadmill and did a couple of arm machines. Now that it is May 1 I am looking forward to my trip. My kids are hoping I can make some new memories. Today I go to pick up Kenny's kids at the bus. He has a late meeting. I did a video chat with Jeff and his kids last night. They are so sweet. Sam just loves to be on the camera and waves and talks, Ellie chatted alot, and Charlotte and Luke come and go as they talk and play.

Off to work. My busy time of the month begins today. Have a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter