Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Hello all! I see that ya'll have been together for what, five months now? Would you mind a new addition to the group? A few of you are old friends that I haven't talked to in quite a while. The rest are new to me but I'm always ready to meet someone new. I mostly lurk around the DIS for the most part, wish I had joined ya'll a long time ago.

Hello all! I see that ya'll have been together for what, five months now? Would you mind a new addition to the group? A few of you are old friends that I haven't talked to in quite a while. The rest are new to me but I'm always ready to meet someone new. I mostly lurk around the DIS for the most part, wish I had joined ya'll a long time ago.
Of course not! Welcome!

Welcome @Kirby ! Of course you are welcome to join our friendly group. Feel free to chat about almost anything-we just like to keep it light for the most part. We usually have a QOTD (question of the day) and you are welcome to post a question if you feel like it!

:wave: long time, no see, old friend. Welcome!!

:welcome:

QOTD for 8/1: What was your (or your kids) favorite thing to do at the park or playground?

Swings and merry-go-round were probably my favorites. DS went straight for climbing structures.

We actually made a project one summer when he was little of going to different playgrounds in the area. I took a picture of him at each one, and we made a poster.

Last edited:
QOTD: we did all sorts of things. climbed trees, played 'secret agent', monkey bars (which I was horrible at)....the best thing was going down those HUGE metal slides. Sharp edges on the underside of the sides, so you couldn't hold on, making you go faster...super hot in the summer but in the winter when they iced up....oooooo yeah.

Woke up this morning and felt like biscuits, so made a trip to Maple Street Biscuit Company. For those without...
The Chicken Club, ranch on the side

The sweet cinnamon biscuits with the icing on the side. (the little dark spots...cinnamon bits)

@Kirby , Welcome! This is a light, fun, caring thread. The QOTD is a conversation starter.

Church followed by fellowship time (both online) then to DH's office to bring home another load of things to the basement.

QOTD, taking the DGD to playgrounds, the ones in our county have some new cool stuff. They have a mini zipline she likes, maybe 25 ft long with a very slight slope. And something like the swing rings at a carnival. Three hanging seats in a circle around a center pole and you push them around in a circle and they keep turning. (Not a good explanation.)

Going to be another hot one today.

Thanks everyone!

:wave: long time, no see, old friend. Welcome!!
Hey Nancy! It's good to see that you and family are doing well.

A little background, my husband, Joe, owns a plumbing company and I do all the office work for him here at home. My mom (88 years old) moved in with us three years ago. She has beginning dementia now so she forgets things, can't make decisions, etc but nothing we can't handle at the moment. She is a fall risk and actually fell a couple of days ago but no injuries knock on wood. Our daughter, Carol, and her two children, Lil Joe (4) and Lou Lou (2), moved in with us two years ago two months before Lou Lou was born. It can be a zoo at times, in fact the kids are fighting over a princess tent right now. Carol is a kindergarten teacher and starts back to work tomorrow with the kids coming back to school two weeks from tomorrow. I'm going to keep the grandkids at home with me instead of putting them in daycare to lessen any exposure that we might get to Covid. :tongue::tongue: We'll see how that works, between keeping up with them and doing my office work. I'm fairly organized so it will just be a matter of putting together a schedule that works hopefully.

Joe has a brisket in his Green Egg and I'm adding potato salad, baked beans and cantaloupe as sides.

QOTD - I loved all the play equipment at the park when I was young. The grandkids are fearless, Lou Lou follows Lil Joe onto everything. She was up and down the slide in our backyard at 18 months. We have to watch her like a hawk.

Happy Sunday. We took our walk today and then took the dog for his. Jasper, our dog, met the neighbor down the street who gave him some doggie treats. She now has a new best friend. Jasper did behave well when she patted him so he deserved the treats. When our neighbor walks her dog by our house, Jasper barks at them and she waves to him. It is a bit funny.

I loved the merry go round and the slide at the playground. My kids liked the jungle gym and tire swing.

We took care of younger DS's kids yesterday for a couple hours while he shopped and DDIL met with a friend. We had a great time with lunch and playing games. Older DGD really likes to win Disney Candy Land. DGS likes Spiderman so we played Spiderman Chutes and Ladders. They play by their own rules. LOL! Youngest DGD likes to bounce on the mini trampoline which is just the right size for a toddler. They are so adorable and I am so glad we can interact with them again.

@Kirby Your house sounds like it is busy and full of fun and caring. It is nice for your mother to have a safe and loving place at this time in her life.

Thanks everyone!

Hey Nancy! It's good to see that you and family are doing well.

A little background, my husband, Joe, owns a plumbing company and I do all the office work for him here at home. My mom (88 years old) moved in with us three years ago. She has beginning dementia now so she forgets things, can't make decisions, etc but nothing we can't handle at the moment. She is a fall risk and actually fell a couple of days ago but no injuries knock on wood. Our daughter, Carol, and her two children, Lil Joe (4) and Lou Lou (2), moved in with us two years ago two months before Lou Lou was born. It can be a zoo at times, in fact the kids are fighting over a princess tent right now. Carol is a kindergarten teacher and starts back to work tomorrow with the kids coming back to school two weeks from tomorrow. I'm going to keep the grandkids at home with me instead of putting them in daycare to lessen any exposure that we might get to Covid. :tongue::tongue: We'll see how that works, between keeping up with them and doing my office work. I'm fairly organized so it will just be a matter of putting together a schedule that works hopefully.

Joe has a brisket in his Green Egg and I'm adding potato salad, baked beans and cantaloupe as sides.

QOTD - I loved all the play equipment at the park when I was young. The grandkids are fearless, Lou Lou follows Lil Joe onto everything. She was up and down the slide in our backyard at 18 months. We have to watch her like a hawk.

Everyone is growing up?? You do have your hands full.
MIL had dementia, it is a sad thing. Bless you for taking care of her.

We're all fine here.
DD is home schooling the grand kids (she is the aunt). We do not want them back in school.
Aria is 7 and is in 2nd grade and Alex is 3 and trying to do preschool. He doesn't understand yet and just runs around playing most of the time.
DS, DIL and DH and me are paying her to do it. Better for all of us.

Glad to have you around

Just spent the last 2 hours watching the SpaceX Dragon come back to Earth from the ISS. Held my breath till those chutes came out, what a beautiful sight. Have to admit that I had tears in my eyes that they were safely back on Earth. I keep remembering the Challenger explosion everytime something goes up into space. Technology certainly has come a long way. I found it amazing to hear that the wife of one of the 2 men on the SpaceX Dragon, is also a 'spacewoman', and will be going up in the same capsule that just came down at the beginning of the year!~
It's hot and 88 outside , even the breeze is hot. Dinner here is brisket (just like you @Kirby ! Fresh corn , tomatoes out of the garden, and watermelon to go with it. Summer meal at it's finest!

Aww paws and hug to Jasper, Snowysmom! Do you have a picture of him that you would want to share with us? :) Lol, kids sure do enjoy making up (and often then changing) their own game rules. It can be such fun to hear their explanations. Is Disney Candyland different than the regular game or is the board just decorated with Disney characters? Sounds cute :)

Just spent the last 2 hours watching the SpaceX Dragon come back to Earth from the ISS.
I think you and I must be sisters,,
I think we are. I just watched SpaceX Dragon also. But I had to watch until Bob and Doug came out of the capsule.

Dinner tonight is grillers (sausages) - pork for DH, chicken/feta/spinach for me, left over red beans and rice, and some veggie.

I think we are. I just watched SpaceX Dragon also. But I had to watch until Bob and Doug came out of the capsule.

Dinner tonight is grillers (sausages) - pork for DH, chicken/feta/spinach for me, left over red beans and rice, and some veggie.

We watched that also, but I had chores to do in between so I had it recorded on the tivo and just finished watching. Glad they both came out of the capsule and looked good!

I loved merry go rounds, lots of scraped knees from pushing it too fast and trying to jump on. When kids were younger I had park A with lots of climbers to wear them out, park B we only went on weekends when dad could go with us,, park C where you could park the car right next to the play equipment in case the other one was napping.

A friend just shared a photo where someone asks “ Do you see the cup as half full or half empty ?” Her response : I’m just glad to have a cup🍀

Do you see the cup as half full or half empty ?” Her response : I’m just glad to have a cup

Oh - I LOVE that!

I've got a hot date with the heating pad and the 11 episodes of House Hunters International on the DVR this evening...I pulled something in my back yesterday and I started feeling it the moment I got out of bed this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter