Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

QOTD: Do you like musicals? Any favorites??
I love musicals! I recall us really enjoying Phantom, Godspell, Oklahoma, Les Miz and Come From Away.
Our favorite, though, is Jersey Boys. We've probably seen that show 10 times over the years. 😊

Book question 📚 I'm in the process of organizing our books now. I'm trying to keep the ones that mean the most and donate the rest.

@apirateslifeforme I am so glad your power is back. :flower3:

Thankful for
Online church
Kind friends here
Fun of grandkids phone calls

Wishing you all a nice rest of your evening. :flower:

Hi all. Too busy having fun to comment too much. My offspring go to bed early so I have a few minutes now.

Beach has been nice but too many jelly fish today to go in the water. Glad I went yesterday when it was nice.

QOTD: Do you like musicals? Any favorites??
I love musicals. The last one I saw was Hamilton on Disney Plus. I've seen Wicked on Broadway and my husband took me and my mom to see the King and I with Yul Brynner when it came to town back in the 80's. I always liked the movie with him in it and it was a real treat to see him in person. I grew up watching musicals, Sound of Music, Westside Story and others on tv.
I could post this exact same thing, including Seeing Hamilton on Disney+, Wicked on Broadway, and Yul Brynner live. I also saw The Lion King live in Baltimore. My favorites are The King and I, Sound of Music, West Side Story, South Pacific. I thought Carousel was dark. I saw it live in a theater in the round in Baltimore.

I had completely forgotten about The King and I until a couple of you mentioned it. :lovestruc I loved The King and I movie....I remember watching it with my grandparents when I was younger. Then I would put on my big dresses my grandpa would buy me from the thrift store and I would dance all around the house while my grandma played the soundtrack on record....wow....that had to have been the very first musical I really loved. Now I'm going to have 'Shall We Dance' in my head,:laughing: off to see if I can find the soundtrack to download. :love:

Hello,

we had a quiet day, and am settling down for bed. We are going into a busy week, with 4 doctor appointments for me, one for my Mom and a dentist appt for DH. To be fair, mine is all for a test on Friday, which requires a shot on Monday, a shot on Tuesday and I have to take a pill on Wednesday. I go on Friday for a full body scan. This is a follow up monitoring for Thyroid cancer, which I had last year. They monitor for a couple years to make sure they got it all and nothing is growing back, we expect good results as all my numbers have been good so far, and if I am lucky the Doctor will lower my meds, and hopefully take me out oF Hyperthyroidism. It would be lovely to not have difficulty getting to sleep, being exhausted in the afternoons and having wacky body temps. All expected complications that I live with. Better then having the cancer grow back!

QOTD - I love musicals. Before children when I was working as well, we had season tickets to the Broadway Series, so saw 5-6 shows a year. Some ofmy favorites are Mama Mia (better on stage then the movie, imho) Les Mis, Wicked and The Animal King. We were suppose to see Hamilton Last week while we were suppose to be in DC, but that all got canceled. We did see it on Disney + and enjoyed it.
I do have a controversial opinion on one musical (Movie) So many people I know think this is such a great movie. I say it is an okay movie, but has one of the best sound tracks ever. The story is just a vehicle for the music, but the music stays with you for a long time, and causes great emotion!

Good morning DIS family! Going to be hot and sunny, mid 90's for the next 3 days. So my list of chores before it get hot was --mow lawn-done , weedwack-done , pick tomatoes, cukes and green beans (finally!)-done ,car washed-done. Did laundry so that's done,,and I quit for the day, at 10 in the morning, lol. So many tomatoes that I picked a whole box to take to his office when we stop to get the mail today. Anyone that wants them can take some. Dinner is going to be easy, brisket burgers, potato salad, tomatoes, and corn. Have a wonderful day everyone, and stay cool! @apirateslifeforme -so glad that you got your power back on and that someone is going to investigate why it took so long , and took workers from another state to do it! I love that you caught up on all the questions you missed, glad to have you back. Hope this week goes better for you!

I think our tomatoes are starting their decline, and the rest of the garden is looking almost done as well! That's okay - was a decent garden year for us, so that is good. Did a better job of using/eating up stuff as it became ripe and got a fair bit in the freezer for later this year as well. Pumpkins are still doing their thing, so fingers crossed they continue to do well and not rot on the vine, which is usually what happens for me! We do have some rouge gourd vines in the woods, which was a fun discovery a few years ago, so every fall we toss the old gourds & pumpkins back in the woods to see what we get the following fall!

Today is decent - well it's hot (I think, been in the office since 7:30) but looking a the current weekly forecast, it looks like it might be a bit rainy and cool down later. Grass is going to go bonkers! Relatively quiet week at work, youngest son getting some widsom teeth out on Wednesday, eldest in Florida for a combo of work and a bit of R&R in the form of some fishing and beers with his grandfather and a leg of lamb dinner from his grandmother!

4 of our 5 phone lines are out at the office, none are rolling over to the one that works. Evidently there is a problem with a piece of equipment (well no $%&! ) and they are working to fix the issue. We seem to have phone issues almost monthly...oh well, it is what it is.

All this talk of books had me dust off my kindle & charge it up....I think I have a few unread books on there I might try to get to one this week.

A bit sad today.....we should have been on a plane to Moscow today :(

Russia trip, right? I feel you....the guide books my husband picked up for me for that trip are sitting on my bedside table and I've been flipping thru them now & then but honestly, it's depressing.

We keep going back and forth about booking something next year. It would sure be nice to have something to look forward to, but I hate to pull the trigger to prematurely.

Last edited:
Ugh, while I had the news off when I was on hold w/ the phone company (it's my habit to have local Baltimore talk radio channel on during the day) there was a major gas explosion and several houses blew up. Rescue efforts are underway. The photos are unreal....hope they can get folks out okay, looks like already confirmed death(s) and folks seriously hurt. I hope they can get folks out and no other loss of life - this is horrible.

QOTD - We love musicals. Hamilton coming to streaming in July was probably a highlight of our year so far. If you would have told me several years back when I heard about the musical that it would have ended up being one of my favorites I would have suggested you might need medical attention. Like a lot of people, the premise on its face doesn't suggest entertainment. It's not only very entertaining, but it's moving and very thoughtful and smart as well.

I'm also very partial to Wicked, Les Miserables, and Anything Goes.

Ugh, while I had the news off when I was on hold w/ the phone company (it's my habit to have local Baltimore talk radio channel on during the day) there was a major gas explosion and several houses blew up. Rescue efforts are underway. The photos are unreal....hope they can get folks out okay, looks like already confirmed death(s) and folks seriously hurt. I hope they can get folks out and no other loss of life - this is horrible.

Prayers for healing and to uplift those mourning.

Russia trip, right? I feel you....the guide books my husband picked up for me for that trip are sitting on my bedside table and I've been flipping thru them now & then but honestly, it's depressing.

We keep going back and forth about booking something next year. It would sure be nice to have something to look forward to, but I hate to pull the trigger to prematurely.

Yes...Russia. Viking River cruise.
Also cancelled our Feb.Viking Cruise to Egypt.....that one really hurts. It was a bucket list item. We were going to do it the next year, but the prices were $1000 each more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!