Question about 2019 Virtual Races

mousedroid

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

I am new to the forums and new to the whole runDisney experience.

First a little background...

If there's one good thing that has come out of the whole pandemic experience, it's that my finacee and I have used the extra time we've gotten from being able to work from home to get into better shape. She's begun running regularly, and I, being older, have begun walking regularly. We are each completing close to, if not more than, 100 miles per month, and we've each lost 20-25 lbs and become a lot healthier.

We were supposed to visit Disney World at the beginning of May of this year, but obviously that didn't happen. The cancellation and subsequent need to reschedule that trip, combined with our new, more active lifestyle, inspired us to sign up for the Star Wars Rival Run races next April. In addition, we have each been participating in virtual races through various companies for the last few months.

One of the races my fiancee did was a Wonder Woman 10K because WW was her favorite superhero as a girl. My favorite superhero as a kid was Iron Man. I looked for a Iron Man virtual race and the only thing I could find was the runDisney virtual 5K from 2019. I really wanted a Iron Man medal to display with her Wonder Woman medal, so I found someone who was willing to sell theirs, and I purchased it.

I plan to do a 5K to "earn" the medal, my problem is, I'd really like to have a bib to go with the medal, and the seller didn't have one. Therefore, after that long-winded introduction and background story, my question is...

tl/dr:

Does anyone have a high resolution image of one of the Iron Man bibs from the 2019 runDisney virtual 5K that they could send me so that I could print out my own bib to go with the medal?

Thanks!
Roger
York, PA

First off, congratulations on your fitness. That's great!

Secondly, I know this isn't what you were looking for, but I did find a picture that showed what the bib looked like so it may be possible to recreate one.

https://www.genymama.com/diditakeashowertoday/the-pros-cons-of-running-a-virtual-5k
Third, good luck at Star Wars race weekend next year. Let's hope we all get to celebrate the races in Disney World mere hours after we run through the parks.

iron man.PNG

I have it saved as a pdf. but can't attach the whole file here because it is too large and I don't know how to pull out just one page of the presentation. If you want to PM me your email address, I can send it that way I think.

Hello all,

I am new to the forums and new to the whole runDisney experience.

First a little background...

If there's one good thing that has come out of the whole pandemic experience, it's that my finacee and I have used the extra time we've gotten from being able to work from home to get into better shape. She's begun running regularly, and I, being older, have begun walking regularly. We are each completing close to, if not more than, 100 miles per month, and we've each lost 20-25 lbs and become a lot healthier.

We were supposed to visit Disney World at the beginning of May of this year, but obviously that didn't happen. The cancellation and subsequent need to reschedule that trip, combined with our new, more active lifestyle, inspired us to sign up for the Star Wars Rival Run races next April. In addition, we have each been participating in virtual races through various companies for the last few months.

One of the races my fiancee did was a Wonder Woman 10K because WW was her favorite superhero as a girl. My favorite superhero as a kid was Iron Man. I looked for a Iron Man virtual race and the only thing I could find was the runDisney virtual 5K from 2019. I really wanted a Iron Man medal to display with her Wonder Woman medal, so I found someone who was willing to sell theirs, and I purchased it.

I plan to do a 5K to "earn" the medal, my problem is, I'd really like to have a bib to go with the medal, and the seller didn't have one. Therefore, after that long-winded introduction and background story, my question is...

tl/dr:

Does anyone have a high resolution image of one of the Iron Man bibs from the 2019 runDisney virtual 5K that they could send me so that I could print out my own bib to go with the medal?

Thanks!
Roger
York, PA

Hey there!! You can actually print the official bibs from this link of the RunDisney Blog. Hope it helps!

https://www.rundisney.com/blog/rundisney-virtual-series/

There's a blue line about halfway down with access to the original downloads!!

MATTERHORN, thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for!

disneygrandpa, and Sleepless Knight, thank you for your responses and offers of help as well. And Sleepless Knight, my fiancee and I both thank you for your congratulations. :)
You're very welcome. I feel that sometimes we get wrapped up in other aspects of running such as time goals, medals, registration hopes, bucket list races, et all that we can lose sight of possibly the greatest benefit that comes from the pursuit of fitness goals. Setting goals even it's just to earn a medal is a worthwhile endeavor, but I think it's important to see a bigger picture. Perhaps especially when we set lofty goals that we worked really hard towards only to discover on race day that it just wasn't our day. Goals are great. We should celebrate accomplishing them. But in the avenue of pursing a healthier lifestyle which will benefit our lives far beyond a nice medal to enjoy proudly, we should not beat ourselves up too much when it doesn't go our way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!