Question about APs and eligibility for AP rates - please help!

JLS

Avs Fan / DVC Member
Two questions for someone who will be very new to this whole AP thing at WDW (have had DLR APs for awhile....)

1. If I buy an AP voucher (like from the Disney store or something), how long do I have to get it validated at the parks? In other words, could I buy the APs this month, but then what if we had to cancel our trip, and I did not actually first USE the admission until October or some other date? Would that be OK?

2. When you check into one of the resorts with an AP rate, can you just present your AP voucher, even if the voucher has not been redeemed yet for an official AP?

Your assistance would be most helpful! AP rates and vouchers, along with codes and packages, can get pretty confusing.

You can wait to activate your passes, so a delay in your trip would be no problem at all.

Your voucher will do just fine for check-in, no need to get your passes activated before checking in.

Originally posted by JLS

1. If I buy an AP voucher (like from the Disney store or something), how long do I have to get it validated at the parks?

It is good as long as WDW is still in business, but can only be used at parks in operation at time of purchase.

steve

so, in other words Steve, if the MK goes out of business before I validate my AP voucher, I am out of luck??? (hahaha....)

Sorry is this is a stupid question but I have four 7 day hopper plus passes, but I'd really like my room ap discounted. So, can I buy an ap now get the voucher, use it for a discounted room rate and then not validate the voucher until next summer? That'd be great if I could do that.

Thanks,
Mary Rose

Originally posted by O'BWV
Sorry is this is a stupid question but I have four 7 day hopper plus passes, but I'd really like my room ap discounted. So, can I buy an ap now get the voucher, use it for a discounted room rate and then not validate the voucher until next summer? That'd be great if I could do that.

Thanks,
Mary Rose

Mary Rose,

I'm all for saving money at WDW, but I wouldn't go down that path. How about getting the AP and AP rate and saving one of the hoppers for later. They also do not expire. The resort front desk may ask you to stop by with a valid AP if they let you check in with a voucher, I've heard this from some people.

steve

Thanks Steve, why didn't I think of that! See I knew it was a stupid question.

Thanks again,
Mary Rose

You could also take one of your park hoppers to any of the parks and have it upgraded to an AP. We did this one year and it only cost about $45 more to do this. We then checked into our resort with the one AP voucher to get our AP room rate. We also used the AP the following year for a second trip but just went a month earlier than the last trip.

Does anyone know if you can upgrade a park hopper that is already partially used? We have two 7-day park hopper plus passes that have 3 days and 1 plus feature used on each one..... I would be all for upgrading. Anyone know what the deal is? By the way, if it matters, we used the days on the park hoppers last year.

Thanks for your help.

--Jenn

I believe that you can't upgrade if the passes have already been partially used. My husband's pass was unused from the previous year (he ended up in the ER). If anyone else knows for sure, please post.

Originally posted by Daisymeo
You could also take one of your park hoppers to any of the parks and have it upgraded to an AP.

This is a good idea also. But, if you save one of the hoppers and buy an AP you'll be tempted to go back to WDW again within the next year before it expires. Hehehe, always scheming for the next trip......

steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter