Question about club holders??

Ethelina

Mouseketeer
How do I check to see if we are current club members? I would like to start planning a 4 day cruise for next Oct 03. Do you get a better rate if you are a member? Our last cruise I just paid the T/A and didn't shop for any rates or code system. Any help with be great!!!

That's what I was going to ask...???:confused:

Disney Club? This is something you have to sign up for a pay a yearly fee. There are no discount on cruises using the Disney Club card.

Castaway Club? You are automatically a member of the Castaway Club after you have sailed with DCL once. You can call the Castaway Club phone number (I don't have it or I would post it for you) to get you rnumber. There are really no discount with that either. You just get at return cruiser gift when you sail again and you are invited to a special reception on the ship.

I signed up yesterday for the Disney Club and got the $50.00 onboard credit through my agent. I was a little bummed when I went to log on to the Disney Club website only to find out that Disney Club will be closing their doors on December 31, 2003
This really caught me off guard as last year the club went from being free - to now having a charge - to next year going away...
Does anyone a little closer to Disney Club have any explaination for the closure?!

Disney is going to a branded Visa the gives you points you can use towards merchandise & vacations.

That explains a lot...why didn't they say that on the Disney Club site?! Oh well, I'll probably stick with my Shell card...I like the free gas. :cool:

We must be in the Castaway Club. We did a cruise in1999 and they send me postcards every once in a while. Sorry, I forgot to say that. So, no good deals with Castaway Club?? Is the Disney Club worth it if you only go once a year to Disney?

The Disney Club card can also be used at the Disney Store and Disney on-line etc...for us it was worth spending 39.99 for the club to get a 50.00 shipboard credit. It immediately paid for it's self. But I also plan on getting a Tinkerbell Jean jacket from the Disney Catalog(if I can find where I put it LOL)for my DD.

To my knowledge, the Disney Club Card always cost $, but some people got it free through their employers. That was the Magic Kingdom Club, I think and that has been gone for a year or two, at least. The cost to renew is cheaper than the initial fee, but now this is the last year to renew. It used to get you discounted WDW tickets (in addition to the 10% off TDS merchandise and discounts on some restaurants and hotels in the parks), but that is practically gone on most passes. The Disney Store now has passes that are less expensive than buying them at the gate, but anyone can purchase those. Hopefully the new VISA card will offer something, which the Disney Credit Card never did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter